Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

212 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

BPT, BEACH ENERGY LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 7 2018, 01:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 3 2018, 03:52 PM

Nudging the $2 mark today - currently $1.9925
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=bpt
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 3 2018, 03:52 PM
  Quote Post

Updated chart. SP hit a new high - currently $1.8625 - following yesterday's ann.

Reserves and contingent resources as at 30 June 2018
Beach Energy Limited (ASX: BPT, “Beach”) provides the following report in relation to its reserves and
contingent resources as at 30 June 2018. Categories presented are 1P reserves (Proved), 2P reserves
(Proved and Probable), 3P reserves (Proved, Probable and Possible) and 2C contingent resources. 1P,
2P and 3P reserves have been independently audited by RISC Advisory.
Highlights
 1P reserves increased by 152 MMboe (+405%) to 190 MMboe
 2P reserves increased by 239 MMboe (+320%) to 313 MMboe
 Beach ‘pre-Lattice acquisition’ assets1 2P reserves increased from 75 to 95 MMboe
 Lattice acquired assets1 2P reserves increased from 158 to 218 MMboe
 Organic 2P reserves replacement ratio2 of 368%
 2P reserves life has increased from 7 years at the end of FY17 to 11 years at the end of FY183

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: May 19 2018, 04:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 19 2018, 03:03 PM

This is the Victorian Tender document showing releases on page 2 -> http://earthresources.vic.gov.au/__data/as...n-to-tender.pdf.

Must say, I don't think the "natives" will be happy having these right along the coast line, and so close to two National Marine Parks. When compared to the existing (Commonwealth) blocks, these ones are quite small. Will be interesting who takes them on and whether there will be community environmental concerns.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 19 2018, 03:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 19 2018, 12:35 PM

That's where I saw it. AFR but behind paywall
http://www.afr.com/news/victorias-otway-ba...20180517-h106mr

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 19 2018, 12:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ May 18 2018, 04:06 PM

No probs. I saw a map somewhere, but it was pretty crude. Essentially, the releases stretch from SA border up to Port Campbell. ....and not as far as to 12 Apostles. Only three miles wide as it's State not National acreage.

Interesting is that it can be drilled from the land with new horizontal techniques, even though there's a moratorium on land drilling in Vic!!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: May 18 2018, 04:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 18 2018, 12:37 AM

The 5 blocks referred to are NOT those you mention

Apologies, nipper. Do you have a map showing the blocks you refer to.

When you mentioned they "are part of the national 2018 Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release" that's where I got the info from - as per link posted below - http://www.petroleum-acreage.gov.au/2018/w...acreage-release I wasn't aware there was there were 2 x 2018 releases.

The releases in the map I posted are off shore and are located around the BPT off shore projects that were mentioned in your quote

Mr McKay said it was too early to say if Beach would seek to develop the new fields, and the company would have to conduct a risk-reward analysis to see how they fit into its broader portfolio, which includes the nearby Halladale, Speculant, Blackwatch, Thylacine and Geographe fields.

This map below shows the above BPT fields in relation to the what I thought were the new releases. Again, apologies if I've posted the wrong maps.

Cheers

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: May 18 2018, 12:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ May 17 2018, 10:27 PM

The 5 blocks referred to are NOT those you mention.
The blocks are all located in the offshore Otway Basin in State waters (up to 3 nautical miles off the coast) extending from Port Campbell to the South Australian border and are part of the national 2018 Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: May 17 2018, 10:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 17 2018, 10:00 PM

Otway Basin
There are three 2018 acreage release areas in the Otway Basin, V18-1, V18-2 and V18-3 . All are located in the Inner Otway Basin.
Attached Image

The other Release Areas can be viewed here - http://www.petroleum-acreage.gov.au/2018/w...acreage-release

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 17 2018, 10:00 PM
  Quote Post

Victoria Gov released 5 blocks offshore Otway Basin, all within 3 miles off the coast.
https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/offshore-gas...-future-supply/
Quite prospective, and easy to link to existing production facilities, though proximity to coast might lose some challenges - seismic, for example. Not likely to be huge reservoirs.

Beach should be in the mix.
Beach Energy, owner of the Otway gas processing plant with offshore acreage either side of the newly opened areas, will take a close look at the acreage on offer, said chief executive Matt Kay.

But Mr Kay and Graeme Bethune, chief executive of consultancy Energyquest, both said any discoveries in the new fields are highly unlikely to be large enough to make a difference to the extremely tight east-coast gas supply-demand balance, which has pushed up gas prices and pain for manufacturers.
Mr McKay said it was too early to say if Beach would seek to develop the new fields, and the company would have to conduct a risk-reward analysis to see how they fit into its broader portfolio, which includes the nearby Halladale, Speculant, Blackwatch, Thylacine and Geographe fields.

Mr Kay said the ability to drill from onshore to reach offshore targets is important and noted Beach is already intending to drill its Enterprise prospect using the extended reach drilling method. "It's certainly pleasing to see the regulatory environment in place for that," Mr Kay said.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: May 14 2018, 10:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 4 2018, 09:06 AM

extract from Bloomberg article - if you believe in broker/analyst recommendations.......
Stock Investors May Have Missed the Boat on Australia’s Rally
By Tim Smith and Matthew Burgess
14 May 2018, 07:42 GMT+10
At the other end of the spectrum, the 14 analysts tracking Beach Energy Ltd. have a price target more than 27 percent below where it closed Friday

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...nz-equity-gains

--------------------

212 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING