Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

212 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

BPT, BEACH ENERGY LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 2 2018, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 27 2018, 11:01 AM

Analysis from Fnarena, and broker views - Beach Energy Lays Out Future Plans

Beach Energy has provided production guidance out to FY23 and expects to achieve 100% replacement of reserves over that period.

-Growth expected from the Western Flank, Cooper and Otway Basins
-Beach Energy expects to be net cash by end 2020
-Farming down of Otway expected over the next few months

RBC Capital Markets notes investors have rewarded the company's growth targets, with the stock running on a further 8%, after a very strong rally since the Lattice acquisition was announced a year ago.

The broker believes the decision to fund the Lattice transaction through existing cash and debt has proven to be the right one, as the stock has benefited from financial leverage during the surge in the oil price over the past year. Citi suggests a higher oil price could translate into more surprise on the upside.

Macquarie believes the growth target is ambitious, as it relies on exploration success, although achieving such production levels will generate significant upside. As expected, Beach Energy has guided to higher capital expenditure over the new forecast period.

read more - https://www.fnarena.com/index.php/2018/10/0...t-future-plans/

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=bpt

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Sep 27 2018, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

Beach Energy says it aims to roughly double annual production over the next five years to as much as 40 million barrels even as it slashes debt.

By 2023, Beach (BPT) said it expected output to hit between 34 million and 40 million barrels of oil equivalent a year, a jump from 19 million barrels in the year through June and a forecast rise to 26 million-28 million in the current financial year.

The target comes after Beach in August said it planned its biggest-ever investment year in the wake of the acquisition of a suite of oil and gas assets in Australia.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 25 2018, 03:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 25 2018, 01:50 PM

FWIW - Macquarie rates BPT as Underperform

Macquarie believes the market is underestimating the amount of capital expenditure required to sustain and grow production and expects the upcoming investor briefing to shed more light on commitments.

The broker is positive on the free cash flow to be generated over the next four years but considers the share price expensive at current levels.

Underperform rating and $1.75 target maintained.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 25 2018, 01:50 PM
  Quote Post

BUZZ-Australia's energy index surges as oil prices rally
** Australia's energy index <.AXEJ> jumps 2.4 pct to a near 1-1/2 month high
** Oil and gas explorers Santos , Beach Energy and Woodside Petroleum lead gains, rise in range of 2 pct to 4.1 pct
** Oil prices rally as after Saudi Arabia and Russia ruled out any immediate increase in production despite calls by U.S. President Donald Trump for action to raise global supply [O/R]
** Santos and Woodside each hit more than 3-year highs

BPT up 4.42% currently @ $2.01/share
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=bpt
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 21 2018, 04:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 21 2018, 04:01 PM

Yes that's how I read the current position
“It’s probable Beach will become the biggest oil producer, but that’s only because Woodside doesn’t have much oil production anymore,” he said.

Could become a big gas player as well with Waitsia

Beach saw the most rapid growth of any Australian oil and gas company once it got its hands on the West Australian-based Waitsia project, through the Lattice acquisition. The Waitsia field is considered to be one of the largest onshore conventional gas discoveries in Australia in the last three decades and has reserves of about 232 petajoules,

The takeover boosted the company's oil and gas reserves by about 200 per cent and lifted its production guidance by around 150 per cent.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 21 2018, 04:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 21 2018, 01:35 PM

Reading that, I take it as oil alone, in Barrels (bbl) rather than Pj or equivalent total hydrocarbons? Woodside would be streets ahead in gas.

Article does say WPL oil production is declining fast. BPT Cooper oil production is solid, unspectacular. Profitable.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Featured Stock Stories

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 21 2018, 01:35 PM
  Quote Post

A slick move has catapulted junior oil player Beach into top spot
As the world watched oil start a seemingly endless path towards $US100 a barrel, one Australian producer has ridden this wave to take the top spot as the nation's largest oil producer

In the background, ASX-listed Beach Energy has been cementing its place as Australia’s largest oil producer, kicking energy giant Woodside out of the top spot

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/a...919-p504m8.html?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 20 2018, 03:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 20 2018, 02:53 PM

Had a very good run and actually hit a high of $2.04 briefly, but today's ann disappointed a few sad.gif while shorters are perhapsa tad happier? https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=bpt
Beach Energy set for record capex year as Lattice buoys output
Shares in Beach dived as much as 13.9 per cent on Monday morning after the oil and gas producer said output in 2018-19 would be 26 million-28 million boe, roughly in line with what it would have been in 2017-18 with a full year of the Lattice assets.

Beach, which posted an 86 per cent jump in underlying net profit for the full year, said production was still expected to i reach more than 30 million boe by 2020-21.

JPMorgan analyst Mark Busuttil described the result as "in line", but noted the "flat" guidance for production in 2018-19, in contrast to his expectation for an increase to 28.8 million boe.

https://www.afr.com/business/energy/oil/bea...20180819-h146c9
Attached Image

Looking at the yearly chart - SP this time last year was circa 68c - currently it's $1.77 - so still up some $150% smile.gif
Attached Image

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 20 2018, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 7 2018, 01:41 PM

Nudging the $2 mark today

- and then, a combination of falling oil price and increased expenditure, as outlined in the Annual report, has seen a near 15% retracement

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 18 2018, 10:14 AM
  Quote Post

Federal Energy Minister Matt Canavan has threatened to revoke offshore retention leases in Bass Strait to force more gas into production under the government's "use-it-or-lose-it" powers.

Senator Canavan today said he had commissioned the National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator to review the value of offshore south east Australian petroleum titles to see if some fields not currently being developed should be brought into production.

If the review determines there are commercially viable resources, the power exists to revoke the retention leases, which some gas fields have previously been granted because they were previously deemed not ready for commercial production.....

Retention leases are granted for five years for fields deemed uneconomic at the time but with a reasonable prospect of being a granted a production licence down the track. When they expire, owners can either apply for a production licence, apply for retention lease renewal, or give up the lease.

If a renewal is applied for, Federal and state energy ministers may reject it on the grounds the field is ready for commercial production, and telling the leaseholder to apply for a production licence or exit the lease to make way from someone who will.

There are 10 retention leases in Victorian and Tasmanian offshore waters, two of which are currently expired. Cooper Energy and Beach Energy hold most of the leases............
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/m...fde600db965ad9b

--------------------

212 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING