Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

5GG, PENTANET LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jun 18 2021, 10:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 1 2021, 09:23 AM

PENTANET RAISES $20 MILLION TO FUND ACCELERATED NETWORK ROLLOUT AND CLOUD GAMING GROWTH

HIGHLIGHTS:

Commitments received from institutional and sophisticated investors for a A$20 million Placement to fund accelerated planned growth in Cloud Gaming and telecommunications infrastructure rollout.
Since listing on the ASX in January 2021, Pentanet has grown its subscriber base by over 20%, acquired 5G spectrum to accelerate the expansion of its wireless network rollout, and expanded its Cloud Gaming infrastructure to support strong market interest in GeForce NOW.
New funds will be primarily utilised to accelerate these fixed wireless and cloud gaming network expansions, plus associated working capital requirements.
Pentanet will purchase an additional 18 RTX Servers, increasing the capacity to service expected growing demand, and enact exclusivity for NVIDIA's GeForce NOW service in Australia.
Leveraging the benefit of the recently acquired 5G Spectrum, Pentanet will upgrade coverage capacity and accelerate the rollout of its wireless network.

Following the Placement, Pentanet will have approximately 291.1 million shares on issue and a proforma 31 March 2021 cash balance of $36.3 million.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jun 1 2021, 09:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 30 2021, 01:58 PM

update on its business operations with strong growth continuing in fixed wireless subscriptions, and updates on the commercial launch of GeForce NOW cloud-based game streaming service powered by Pentanet.

INTERNET SERVICES
Active customers exceeded 12,000 in May 2021. This represents new growth of 9.2% since the Company's Q3 2021 result announced on 31 March 2021. Active Fixed Wireless subscribers have now surpassed 5,000. Of the new 1,277 customers added in the two-month period since 31 March 2021, 586 were new Fixed Wireless customers, showing further growth in the on-net run rate.

CLOUD GAMING SERVICES - GEFORCE NOW

Market interest in GeForce NOW, NVIDIA's premiere cloud-based game streaming service powered by Pentanet, continues to exceed initial expectations. As per the Company's announcement on 26 February 2021, an expanded hardware order was placed with NVIDIA for 18 RTX game servers (up from 12 servers). Given the increased size of the initial pilot deployment, Pentanet and NVIDIA will soon confirm a new commercial launch date extending beyond 31 May 2021. With current registrations of interest now exceeding 45,000, Pentanet has shifted focus from pre-marketing to beta play and national release. Based on the existing level of user interest, the Company's intended pilot program is expected to be oversubscribed.

ESPORTS - PENTANET.GG

Pentanet.GG (PGG), the Company's esports arm, continues to successfully build awareness of gaming and esports in the Australian ecosphere. PGG made history as the first Australian esports team to progress past the Group stages in an international League of Legends tournament, placing sixth in the world at the recent Mid-Season Invitational tournament in Iceland.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 30 2021, 01:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 23 2021, 10:15 AM

and 5GG is trading around $1.10 today

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 23 2021, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

as you would hope, with a name like PentaNet, code 5GG,
We have been successful in securing a 15 year licence for high band 5G spectrum in the 26 GHz April Auction conducted by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.

The licence is for 200 MHz of 5G millimetre wave spectrum covering the Greater Perth area in Western Australia including Perth, Mandurah, Bunbury and Margaret River. The licence fee of $8.0 million will be able to be paid in equal instalments over a 5 year period, with $1.6 million paid in FY 2021 out of existing cash reserves.

Identified as optimal for the delivery of 5G wireless broadband services, the 26 GHz band allows for significantly increased spacing between transmission towers and equipment, providing scope for Pentanet to increase network coverage and backhaul more quickly and at reduced cost.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 19 2021, 06:44 PM
  Quote Post

Ally Selby (Livewire Markets): Next up, we have Pentanet, it listed earlier this year, is it a buy, hold or sell?

James Dougherty: (Lennox Capital Partners) :
It is a buy as well. It has a very similar business to Aussie Broadband, it is an ISP. There are only so many ways you can really differentiate yourself as an ISP. It is latency and customer service. They have got a fixed wireless network, their own infrastructure, which means they get great speed, and they have got local call centres, which means you get great service and they continue to take share. The management team, the Cornish brothers, actually sold their house to start this business and have not sold a share into IPO.

Ally Selby: How about for you, Nick? Is it a buy, hold or sell?

Nick Guidera: (Eley Griffiths Group):
Yeah, it is a buy for us. It reminds us a lot of iiNet in the early days, another Perth ISP. The former CEO is chairman, they share similar colours and they have got a significant focus on customer service. As James touched on, the fixed wireless model that they are pioneering with technology out of Facebook, I think is a pretty interesting space and one the majors are probably watching pretty closely to see if they can improve the quality of NBN speeds through fixed wireless technology.

They have also got a decent opportunity in the gaming space through their partnership with Nvidia, which is pretty amazing given Nvidia is a NASDAQ listed company. This is an emerging micro cap that ultimately has been able to negotiate a partnership for 12 months to see them utilise that gaming technology over time. I think it is a buy for us and one that we are watching pretty closely, albeit in its early stages.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 26 2021, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 6 2021, 06:43 PM

Pentanet Limited (ASX:5GG) is pleased to announce strong market interest in the Australian launch of GeForce NOW ... NVIDIA's premiere cloud-based game streaming service. This week marks one month since the public announcement of the NVIDIA Alliance Agreement.

On 27 January 2021, Pentanet commenced online registrations of interest by allowing future Australian users of GeForce NOW to reserve their usernames and register for an invitation to the Beta Program, to capture a good understanding of potential market demand for the service across the country.

Since the 27 January announcement, over 24,300 gamers have registered, significantly exceeding our expectation of the early interest for the upcoming new service. This level surpasses our initial business case expectations and provides strong confidence to scale up our initial launch plans.

Therefore, Pentanet has proceeded with the placement of an initial hardware order with NVIDIA in line with the cloud gaming strategy outlined in the Company's Initial Public Offering Prospectus. The strong registration response has justified an increased initial purchase order for 18 RTX game servers (up from 12 servers) at an approximate capital cost of AUD $3.2 million. The servers will be split across two deployments, one in Perth and the other Sydney, with the increased capital spend allocated from working capital reserves.

Pentanet aims to roll out the Australian GeForce NOW beta this year, with a commercial launch to follow.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 6 2021, 06:43 PM
  Quote Post

Number of subscribers over 10,000
... continuing subscriber growth comes as Pentanet is poised to commence the expansion of its fixed-wireless network, increasing network coverage across the Perth metropolitan area and reaching more prospective customers. Expansion of Pentanet's owned fixed wireless network is a key strategic focus for the business given the substantially better margins than reselling the NBN to end users.

--------------------

myshares
post Posted: Jan 30 2021, 09:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 30 2021, 03:34 PM

Pentanet has enough capacity for next generation applications, including 5G

Does that mean they are going to run Pentanet through 5G and not their satellite towers...

i.e buy spectrum off Telstra ?

nipper
post Posted: Jan 30 2021, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: myshares's post @ Jan 30 2021, 03:00 PM

thanks for that, myshares. The concept does seem like a work in progress.... I notice from their PDS

FIXED WIRELESS OPERATION
Having connected dark fibre to our towers, Pentanet has enough capacity for next generation applications, including 5G.• SUBSCRIBERS CURRENTLY CONNECT TO 'MACRO TOWERS' WITHIN LINE OF SIGHT
• CURRENT FIXED WIRELESS INVESTMENT COVERS APPROX ~32% OF HOMES IN THE PERTH METRO AREA

but the development is coming (and success is clearly dependent on critical mass)

WIRELESS NETWORK EVOLUTION
• FIRST DEPLOYMENT OF THIS NEXT-GENERATION WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY IN AUSTRALIA
• COST-EFFECTIVE SOLUTION WITH FASTER SPEEDS
• SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER CAPITAL COST (COMPARED TO NBN FIBRE)
• MULTIPLIES COVERAGE MATERIALLY .. EACH SUBSCRIBER FORMS PART OF THE EXPANDING NETWORK CAPACITY
• SUBSCRIBERS NO LONGER NEED TO SEE MACRO TOWERS, ONLY OTHER SUBSCRIBERS
• INCREASES AVAILABLE SPEEDS 5-10X USING 5G MILLIMETER WAVE TECHNOLOGY
• LOWERS LATENCY OF NETWORK
"Terragraph allows you to efficiently extend the reach of your existing fibre network wirelessly throughout dense urban/suburban environments providing your customers reliable internet" – Jay Parikh Head of Engineering and Infrastructure, Facebook

--------------------

myshares
post Posted: Jan 30 2021, 03:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 30 2021, 02:04 PM

Pentanet in Perth has an excellent product.. but the one barrier is you need to be line of site to the transmitters...

That all depends on the lay of the land.

My wife wouldnt let me put the 4.5 m tower on the roof of our 2 story house to get access over the trees .. weirdsmiley.gif

It really depends where you live.

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING