Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

MPL, MEDIBANK PRIVATE LIMITED
mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 1 2014, 10:56 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Dec 1 2014, 10:21 AM

look at it this way V1,
you have helped (albeit ina fairly small way) to to reduce the govts deficit. devilsmiley.gif

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

veeone
post Posted: Dec 1 2014, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Dec 1 2014, 10:19 AM

Thanks Mull biggrin.gif
Cash would have been handy for trading in the meantime!! V1

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 1 2014, 10:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Dec 1 2014, 10:02 AM

Broker says govt will start returning money on Dec 4th.
I have a buy in with them to increase my 12,000 existing shares to a bigger parcel.
Part of the long term portfolio for me.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: veeone  

veeone
post Posted: Dec 1 2014, 10:02 AM
  Quote Post

Anyone got their refund yet!! Week later and bank account has not received it!! Government is quick to take your cash but ohhhh so slow to return it!!
Bet they gettting nice interest on it!!! grrr.gif V1

nipper
post Posted: Nov 26 2014, 03:48 PM
  Quote Post

Medibank is a contender for Australia's S&P/ASX100, but there is some debate about whether it will be included in the next rebalance to be announced on December 5.

It will be fast-tracked into the MSCI global equity indexes on December 8. UBS's trading desk reckons that should be enough for passive index tracking funds to require 137.7 million shares. Also, FTSE would fast-track Medibank inclusion into its All World index if Medibank's market capitalisation is more than $US4.9 billion on December 5.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Barra  early birds  myshares  veeone  

batikit
post Posted: Nov 26 2014, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

I applied and then realised i gave wrong HIN number when fillibg up the form
I called mpl to correct number , the person on the phone sag they will send me a form by email to correct the hin but in the end no email fron them
Didnt bother with it anymore , they are oversubsripted and probably wont bother to correct the hin for me anyway

Seeing some dudes bought share without broker account and fget locked up for a week and watching the paper profit reduce from 11% to now 6% is kind of a reminder share trading is not for amatuer

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Barra
post Posted: Nov 26 2014, 10:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Nov 26 2014, 10:28 AM

Wouldn't be surprised to see MPL hold around here and then push up a bit when the churn is gone.

Totally different type of company, but QR national comes to mind given it was of a similar size, it also had a lot of fat to cut out of the business and it listed around this time of the year in 2010. By mid December retail investors who I think paid $2.45 were looking at an sp of 2.90 ish..Not bad going, but it did drop away again before recovering . Today they trade at $4.75 which is pretty solid given what the coal market looks like.

I'm going to hold onto my allotment despite being nervous about markets generally.. The low aussie should make MPL attractive to foreign investors and the Lib gov't should ensure a health fund 'friendly' regulatory environment as they tend to favour cuts backs for public health in favour of a US private insurance model (pre obamacare that is).

wren
post Posted: Nov 26 2014, 10:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Nov 26 2014, 10:19 AM

Personally,did not apply for MPL.Overhyped imo and a close below $2.00 in the not too distant future is quite possible.The idea that the whole world is desperate to have a piece of MPL is fantasy.There will be plenty to be made in trading MPL,but that is a different story.

veeone
post Posted: Nov 26 2014, 10:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Nov 26 2014, 07:03 AM

They buy as well as sell on any given day. They want to get as many as they can as cheap as they can so move the market so to speak.
Several orders of several million shares sold in one hit is not mum and dad investors so proves the above point.
As nipper said one insto completely missed out so they probably bought heaps yesterday and also sold alot of what they bought too in the hope of buying cheaper today. Loss for now will turn to a profit later in the game for them they dont worry about such little things on a day to day basis.
If you ever want to check out the above look at some of the becoming a significant holder notices or change notices that have the printout of their trading activities attached......opens your eyes i must say. V1

nipper
post Posted: Nov 26 2014, 07:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Nov 26 2014, 07:03 AM

Macquarie Securities took day-one honours in Medibank Private cash equities trading, handling $540 million of the health insurer's stock for a 20.9 per cent market share.Macquarie Securities' institutional desk ran hard late in the day to edge out fellow lead managers Goldman Sachs (18.7 per cent) and Deutsche Bank (14.8 per cent).

The Australian bank's retail arm did another 1.25 per cent. UBS and Morgan Stanley fared well for banks not on the float, with 14.3 per cent and 7.9 per cent of trade respectively.

Almost 600 million Medibank shares changed hands on Tuesday, with pension funds in the United States and Britain buying early.

However, the buying dried up and Medibank eased to finish down 1¢ from its institutional offer price at $2.14.

It'll be interesting to see whether domestic funds step up on Wednesday. It is understood one of the big four local funds missed out on shares altogether at the IPO after capping its bid at $2.10.
StreetTalk

And a bunch of retail haven't got their allocations settled

Many Medibank investors who wanted to sell on the first day's trading were confused and angry when they learned they will have to wait more than a week to trade.

John McDonald, from Port Macquarie on the NSW mid-north coast, applied to purchase Medibank shares for his 17-year-old son a week ago. Along with many other individual investors, he discovered on Tuesday morning that, unlike institutional investors, he wouldn't be able to trade straight away.

He was one of a number of first-time and amateur investors attracted by the Medibank float who could not cash in on first-day profits because they didn't buy shares through a stockbroker.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: veeone  

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING