Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

SUL, SUPER CHEAP AUTO GROUP LIMITED
HAWK7
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 10:42 AM
  Quote Post

EOFY report out today,,seems the business model is working,, . not setting the world on fire but consistent steady growth. one a of few green about in a field of red.

Mirrors1967
post Posted: Jun 14 2019, 04:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 26 2019, 06:33 PM

new video on SUL on the front page of Share Cafe FYI

nipper
post Posted: Jan 26 2019, 06:33 PM
  Quote Post

Another high yield dividend option to consider is Super Retail. It is the company behind popular retail brands including Super Cheap Auto, Rebel, and Macpac.

Concerns over softening consumer sentiment and the exit of its CEO have weighed heavily on its shares in recent months.

But with its shares now trading below 10x earnings, I think this selloff has created a buying opportunity for investors. Especially as they offer a trailing fully franked 6.5% dividend.
Motley Fool

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 25 2017, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

Super Retail Group SUL will convert its network of Amart Sports stores into new Rebel stores by October 31 as it focuses on a single brand in its sports division. SUL says the move will help it offer an expanded range of services at more locations, concentrate its investment and streamline its end-to-end supply chain. Super Retail says the move will expanding the Rebel brand's national footprint to almost 160 stores, while the Amart Sports brand will be discontinued from November 1, 2017.

Super Retail expects to reap $15 million worth of synergies and gross margin improvement over two years, but anticipates a one-off $34 million charge associated with the transformation in its FY17 accounts and some further costs in 2018. As well as Rebel, SUL operates Supercheap Auto and Ray’s Outdoors.
Super Retail Group Limited (SUL) is a specialty retailer operating in the automotive parts and accessories market along with the leisure and recreational goods market. The stock has recently been under pressure on market concerns surrounding the arrival of Amazon and the challenging consumer outlook.

While we believe a discount to market is warranted in an environment with Amazon, we think that the current discount (of circa 30%) is excessive considering:
1) SUL's Auto division represents ~47% of group earnings which we believe is less prone to disruption;
2) the opportunity for SUL to build on its leading market position centred around an omni-channel capacity; and
3) the turnaround momentum underway in SUL's Leisure division.

From a cyclical perspective, while SUL's Sports and Leisure divisions are subject to changes in the retail environment, we consider Auto as relatively defensive. At a trading FY17/FY18 PE of 11.9x/10.4x, we believe SUL's valuation is undemanding. SUL also offers an attractive FY18 fully franked yield of 5-6%.
Bell Potter - Stock Picks for 2018

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: May 29 2013, 11:33 AM
  Quote Post

Ford may be pulling out, but Super Cheap appear to have found support:

Attached Image

(quite peculiar, seeing that AHE are also bouncing)

I'm currently tied up elsewhere and can't trade every promising stock, but thought I'd put up a chart anyway.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

RADIO
post Posted: Sep 2 2008, 12:23 PM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (28/08/2008 10:30:00):
SUL - 2008 Full Year Report - Mr Peter Birtles, Managing Director & Mr Gary Carroll, Chief Financial Officer

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RADIO
post Posted: May 20 2008, 11:43 AM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (13/05/2008 12:00:00):
SUL - Development of a Bicycle and Accessories Retail Business and Acquisition of Goldcross Cycles - Mr Peter Birtles, MD

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.

RADIO
post Posted: Feb 26 2008, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (21/02/2008 10:30:00):
SUL - FY07/08 Interim Results - Mr Peter Birtles, MD

RADIO
post Posted: Aug 27 2007, 12:16 PM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (23/08/2007 10:30:00):
SUL - 2007 Full Year Results - Mr Peter Birtles, MD

RADIO
post Posted: Feb 26 2007, 01:40 PM
  Quote Post

ShareScene Memorabilia: Show your pride in the ShareScene.com community and purchase a ShareScene themed product. Check out the selection of fun and practical items at http://www.apparelcorp.com.au/sharescene/

user posted image

Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:30AM):
2007 Half Year Results - Mr Peter Birtles, MD

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING