Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Free e-mail
influxweb
post Posted: Nov 25 2003, 11:36 PM
  Quote Post

Cool guys! smile.gif If you need any help with PGP or anything along those lines just yell out. Happy to help!
Andrew

Guest_kismet_*
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 08:55 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks Andrew, I know what PGP is but nevr used it.
You're right though, it probably is time to get into it.
Funny aint it (perculiar funny), i've had both asx and hc open for most of the day since 18/11, and today I've spent more time here.
Yes, Muns, I think I like it.............a lot! biggrin.gif

The_Muns
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 07:38 PM
  Quote Post

Cheers for that Andrew, will be looking into it myself.

--------------------
The_Muns

People who follow me are bigger fools than I.

influxweb
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 07:35 PM
  Quote Post

p.s. Kismet, my advice is simple. PGP! No, not a stock ticker, but a type of encryption very popular for email. see http://www.pgp.com

If your email is at all sensitive u should look in to it regardless of where your using a free email address, an expensive fee-for-service address, or anything inbetween! smile.gif

Andrew

The_Muns
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 07:31 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like you like it Kismet smile.gif

Stay tuned as I think this is the new HC.

La di da

--------------------
The_Muns

People who follow me are bigger fools than I.

Guest_kismet_*
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 07:27 PM
  Quote Post

thorough answer.
thanks ADMIN 1

ADMIN1
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 05:19 PM
  Quote Post

Here are the solutions to your technical problems UPDOWN. We apologize for not updating the HOW TO guides after changing some of the site navigation buttons etc last friday at the request of the members.

----------------------

We have changed the name of "my assistant" to ::NAVIGATOR:: as we feel this describes the function better.

We also changed "My Controls" to "user settings" for this same reason.

There are three types of email subscriptions you can make use of with asxboard.

The first is a REPLY notification to any topic (such as a specific asx code, or a discussion topic in the general section) that you have personally posted in. This is automatically made when you reply, but if you dont want this to automatically happen, just deselect this option in your "user settings panel"--'Email Settings'. If you want to unsubscribe yourself from a select few topics, go to "Subscriptions: view topics" in the "user settings" panel.

The second type of notification is the FORUM notification. If you click "subscribe to forum" somewhere around the site you will receive an email when a NEW topic is created. You can edit these at "Subscriptions: view forums"

The third type is a private message notification. We hope you have tried out private messaging already. If not, give it a shot through the "X new messages link".

Please keep the questions coming. We are only too happy to help.

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

ADMIN1
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 05:16 PM
  Quote Post

You cannot reply to the email topic because it is held in a special official forum announcements forum only for admins. You must create a new topic in the general chat as you have now done, so official and non offical posts dont get confused.

ASXBOARD.com is a free service and we currently have only spent $25 for the www.asxboard.com domain name to get this service up and running. All other infrastructure was already owned. Since asxboard.com does not put any strain on the world class server infrastructure they run off, the extra hosting and maintainance costs are zero. Admins or moderators on this site are not receiving any income, and give their time up for you only because they believe in asxboard's potential.

Yes, we are providing free email addresses for a selfish reason, but it has mutalistic benifit for those who sign up. We provide them with a free reliable email address, with all the security of other providers such as hotmail and yahoo, and with even more inbox space. You personally set the password to your email box, so only you the password holder can have access to the mailbox. As I understand the technical admins have no advantage over any other third party hacker to get into your email box, since we too dont know your password. We have better things to do than to try to hack in anyways.

Our motive for providing the email address is free advertising for the asxboard name. Whenever a user@asxboard.com email is sent to an investor friend or to a business, it gives our name free exposure to other people who might be interested in our service. Big brother and Iprimus did a similar thing with their web address bigbrother.iprimus.com

Hotmail and yahoo provide the free service for this reason, and also to gain exposure to their paid advertising. At the moment we have no plans to advertise on the asxboard.com site.

The other motive is that only people with 25 posts or more can apply for the address, so this will hopefully encourage people to post some more to break this barrier!

I hope this answers your welcomed sceptical curiosity.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

updown
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 03:20 PM
  Quote Post

Hi,
I'm having difficulty in the email area. I clicked onto "track this topic" to see how it goes and got flooded with emails. I've tried to "unsubscibe" in "user setting" but keep getting emails. I've tried to follow the unsubscribe text

"You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link."

but it refers to "my control panel" is this meant to be the same as "user settings". And is "view subscriptions" meant to be"subscriptions", then "forum"?.

Also trying to contact "Administrators" under "my assisatant in top right hand corner"...doesn't exist on my screen. Help please

Regards Updown

Guest_kismet_*
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 01:52 PM
  Quote Post

I wasn't permitted to reply to the posting by ADMIN re "free e-mail".

I AM an eternal skeptic, so i ask:

What's in it for ASXboard (& the other free providers for that matter) ?

How will ASXboard guarantee the integrity of sensitive information that may be contained in mail?

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING