Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

210 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NEWS PAPER OR MEDIA ARTICLES, ANYTHING INTERESTING
deadone
post Posted: Jun 7 2021, 10:56 AM
  Quote Post

from yesterdays herald sun by lucy carne

and if you head to the federal government's website, you'll find a bewildering 1827 words explaining who can get vaccinated under lb,
it's staggering that we're still stumbling through this rollout.

surely if we want to vaccinate the population swiftly, it's time to scrap age restrictions and make any vaccine available to anyone.

enlist Aldi's effiicient checkout staff to do the jabs, through in a sky jacket with your vaccine and you'll get the masses jabed in no time.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

henrietta
post Posted: Jun 5 2021, 12:45 PM
  Quote Post

Love the headline in today's Australian

Ski ban leaves operators a little off piste

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

henrietta
post Posted: Jun 5 2021, 11:18 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jun 5 2021, 10:33 AM

Must say, I had thought crash dummies didn't have too many sexual parts. Maybe crash dummies will be replaced by the sex dolls. That should keep them happy.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 5 2021, 10:33 AM
  Quote Post

Any one who thinks the world is not completely nuts need to look at a few of these.
1. The San Francisco Police department put out a video of a suspect who set fire to a woman's hair on a bus in S.F. They were seeking help in identifying the suspect, but bizarely decided to pixelate the face of the suspect in the video so its blurred. maybe they planned to look for suspects with the same clothes. see Zero hedge

2. From Twitter comes the exciting news that Eleanor Holmes Norton , a Washington DC Democrat rep, announced this week her intention of introducing a bill requiring both male and female car crash test dummies after claiming “they are nowhere near achieving equality,” regarding safety testing to keep women safe on the road.

3. And just to prove its not just America, from Italy 24 news
An Italian artist has managed to sell a piece of "art" that is invisible.
The artist originally from Santa Giusta has created an immaterial sculpture, completely invisible, entitled “I am”: if some “layman” can have doubts about its artistic value, they will have to change their mind. The work was sold for 15 thousand euros in the auction organized by Art-Rite, one of the rare Italian auction houses that deals with “sessions” dedicated exclusively to contemporary art.

The work must be placed in a private house within a space free from any obstruction, with dimensions of approximately 150 x 150 centimeters. Estimated at the start of 6 thousand euros, it has doubled the base reaching, at the hammer, 12 thousand euros (15 thousand with auction rights).

Physical, the buyer will find only the guarantee certificate in his hands, which testifies to the archiving of the work and represents the only visual element present in the catalog where, instead of the traditional image of a tangible work, a absolute white space.

Thats it, I'm going to Mars.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  Pendragon  

early birds
post Posted: May 19 2021, 10:03 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/companies/financial-ser...20210505-p57p1g

The majority of my savings had sat in a long-term deposit, but the interest rate is just so small, that I decided it was time to start online trading to shake things up,” the 28-year-old communications executive says.

“I spoke to a few financially savvy friends to get some advice. One of them actually raked in some serious cash during COVID-19 from a long-term investment he has in overseas shares – he helped me set up my trading account, and gave me some tips to invest to get the ball rolling.”

=================

sound so familiar ----reminds me year 2000 before the the dot come crash...... ohmy.gif

market always work this way isn't it?? lmaosmiley.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 18 2021, 10:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ May 18 2021, 09:37 AM

Could not have happened to a bigger bunch of bastards.
Hope they never get paid.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

early birds
post Posted: May 18 2021, 09:37 AM
  Quote Post

It’s a Wall Street nightmare. You score hundreds of millions of dollars on a trade and you just can’t get paid. That’s what Goldman Sachs faces in a transaction pitting it against Mexico’s dominant power company, one championed by President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. At issue: roughly $400 million the Wall Street giant believes it’s owed from a natural-gas trade that went wild when a deadly deep freeze hit Texas in February.

from bloomberg

==============================
whoa!! cowboy stand off!! ohmy.gif

early birds
post Posted: May 17 2021, 11:14 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/rear-window/bedlam-behi...20210516-p57scr

Bedlam behind penny stock’s 7500pc rise and fall

===============
ohmy.gif

market never changes!!! lmaosmiley.gif

nipper
post Posted: May 9 2021, 11:58 AM
  Quote Post

Modern practice now calls for rocket stages to be de-orbited as soon as possible after their mission. In the case of large core segments, these would normally come straight back, within one orbit, falling into the ocean or on land (the US company SpaceX now propulsively lands its core stages so they can be used again).

For upper stages that go into an orbit and may travel around the globe several times as they precisely position a payload, the preference is to include a re-ignitable engine that can steer the stage into a return at the earliest opportunity.

Usually, this would be over an ocean ... potentially in the furthest place from land in the South Pacific, between Australia, New Zealand and South America.

Over an area of approximately 1,500 sq km (580 sq miles) this region is a popular graveyard of rocket elements and defunct satellites, where the remains of around 260 missions are thought to be scattered on the ocean floor.
thought to be?!?! ....

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-57013540

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: May 4 2021, 09:43 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/bill-gates-...litting-up.html

Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are splitting up after 27 years

==============

how this happened ?? the media always made me believe the marriage truly will be [till death do the apart]!!
kinda in disbelieve !!

210 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING