Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

57 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

PLT, PLENTI GROUP LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: May 25 2021, 02:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 25 2021, 08:47 PM

A surge in loans for new cars and solar installations has sent Plenti to a record level of originations and revenue in its first full-year results as an ASX-listed personal lender.

Plenti, which competes with major banks in personal lending, said new loan originations rose 64 per cent to $470 million in the year ended March 31 and were headed towards $690 million for 2022. Its loan book rose 61 per cent to $615 million and will further climb to $1 billion by March next year, the company said in its first forward guidance. Its share price was slightly lower after strong gains on Monday.

Buoyed by the strong economic recovery, lending accelerated January to March to be up 120 per cent from the year earlier period, while second-half originations climbed 88 per cent after 33 per cent growth in the first half.

Its unsecured personal loan book was flat year on year with the sharp growth coming from car loans, which surged fourfold to $264 million and are now the same size as the personal loans. Plenti has made $86 million in loans for renewable energy with originations climbing 33 per cent over the year as the company partners with the South Australian and NSW governments to support household investment in renewable energy.

... but still well below IPO; today the expectations already baked in, and PLT steady at $1.20

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 25 2021, 08:47 PM
  Quote Post

Plenti Group Limited (PLT) is a technology led consumer lending and investment business.
Plenti seeks to provide borrowers with efficient, simple and competitive loans, delivered via simple digital experiences. Additionally, Plenti seeks to provide investors with attractive, stable returns via investing in the established asset class of consumer loans. Plenti offers loan products in three core verticals of the Australian credit industry: automotive lending, renewable energy lending and personal lending.

Plenti is the new name for “Rate setter”. Listed on the ASX in Sept 2020 @ $1.66 a share .... but has not really fired. Now about a buck
their offering?
..... Basic, personal loans comprise around two-thirds of its originations at present. Latitude and (hoping to IPO) SocietyOne are competitors in personal lending, along with the major banks.

..... Growth is expected to come from areas such as car loans (Carsales is a strategic investor) (now 20%) and renewable energy installations in homes (currently 15% of loans). Macquarie is a major and well-established competitor on the vehicle space, while buy now, pay later providers like Humm (Flexigroup) and Brighte are getting into renewable energy.

From the prospectus, PLT expects a 34% growth in loan origination in the next 12 months. It is likely the solar and battery sector is where they will do best (for a start, bad debt numbers would likely be far lower). Tesla is a partner, and will refer business to fund batteries. Plenti is running the South Australian government's $100 million battery scheme and is working with the NSW government to support its planned $3.2 billion investment into panels and batteries for solar. The NSW government will tender for a partner in the coming months, which Plenti is confident of winning.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 25 2021, 08:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jaytee's post @ Aug 2 2009, 04:02 PM

Polartechnics PLT

company deregistered on 23/05/2012

delisted as entity has failed to pay to ASX Limited their annual listing fee in respect of year ending June 2011 ... 31/08/2010

a loss declaration has been issued and the capital loss can therefore be claimed in the financial year the declaration is issued .... 11/02/2010

--------------------

jaytee
post Posted: Aug 2 2009, 04:02 PM
  Quote Post

i'm not talking to you guys. you seem to have death written in the words.

how could this be when they have signed up a fair amount of population around the world for their products.
i mean thats what they said...that they had a future mapped out.
oh well just move on i guess. better for me to get myself out of the house when the news hits the missus.
gunna be a hard road at home with her

forrestgump
post Posted: Aug 2 2009, 07:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jaytee's post @ Aug 1 2009, 03:40 PM

G'day jaytee,

Sadly, if they do manage to somehow restructure and salvage this, it is very unlikely that the shareholders will get anything for their shares.

--------------------
Peace
Fforrest

Try to be as good a person as your dog thinks you are.

theadder
post Posted: Aug 1 2009, 05:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jaytee's post @ Aug 1 2009, 03:40 PM

hi jaytee, the next step down at our age, would be boothill..

and the price?? Not worth a zac.. laugh.gif

jaytee
post Posted: Aug 1 2009, 03:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: theadder's post @ Jul 31 2009, 12:07 PM

is this the end. i think everything that could go wrong has happened to plt.

wots the next step down?

a buyout @ 5 cents?

theadder
post Posted: Jul 31 2009, 12:07 PM
  Quote Post

asx announcement..

Company to be Placed into Voluntary Administration

theadder
post Posted: Jul 29 2009, 03:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alderton's post @ Jun 30 2009, 05:19 PM

Trading Halt

alderton
post Posted: Jun 30 2009, 05:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moscowman's post @ Jun 29 2009, 09:22 PM

Asinine merger in the first place; PLT just wanted FER's cash reserves. What does this say about the commercial judgement of the FER board when they do a backflip on the recommendation upon receiving the expert's advice? Blind Freddy could see that PLT were cash-strapped.

A

--------------------
LOL

A

57 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING