Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

SXE, SOUTHERN CROSS ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING LTD
nipper
post Posted: May 7 2021, 04:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 6 2018, 10:46 AM

and that was about as good as it got .... hit 80c ... now 52c in 2021.
paid 3c ff dividend for each of last 3 years. EPS around 5c for same period; Single digit RoE and RoC.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 6 2018, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 24 2017, 09:40 PM

Another Fundie tipping SXE to do well in 2018 - extract AFR article

For value-oriented small cap hunters, Tribeca's Towle nominates Southern Cross Electrical (SXE:ASX) as a long idea. The supplier of electrical contracting services has historically been exposed to the mining industry in Western Australia but their acquisition of Heydey brings exposure to the East coast infrastructure boom.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/markets/australian-fund...4#ixzz53MQyxU7L

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 24 2017, 09:40 PM
  Quote Post

Posted this under another thread entitled - STOCK PICKS 3018.

Had a bit of a look at his tips, noticed his TIGA Trading Pty Ltd ( http://thorneyopportunities.com.au/board-directors/ ) recently took part in SXE's CR,,increasing their s/holding in SXE by circa 7 mil, taking their holding from 6.38% to 7.43%. The CR was done @ $0.75 per share and raised $33.2m before costs. The SP closed today @ 73c. Funds are to be used as follows
The funds from the Placement will be used to support SCEE’s growth strategy, by providing general working
capital, in the context of SCEE’s greatly enlarged order book and significant pipeline of work, and balance
sheet strength and the flexibility to capitalise on potential growth opportunities

All the "expert" stock pickers are coming out with next year's HOT stock tips - thought I'd put them all in this thread. This is, of course, not investment advice just a record of who picked what stock and whether or not they got it right - always DYOR

Apparently he likes/is particularly excited about ANG - Austin Engineering, (Thorney had helped fix their leadership and balance sheet). Others are Southern Cross Electrical Engineering - SXE - and MMA Offshore - MRM.

Alex Waislitz's next tip is to get into mining services stocks

"We have long had a relationship with these companies, but in time we have sold down significantly but kept our knowledge and intellectual capital in them. So now we have thought it was an opportune time to purchase more shares in these companies."

He said Southern Cross has been winning work with new projects and had entered the fast-growing infrastructure sector while MMA was a longer-term play.

"It is in the oil industry, which we think will lag others for the next two years. So we are trying to position ourselves earlier as an appropriate entry level."​

Read more: http://www.afr.com/personal-finance/manage...7#ixzz4zJtJEDII

Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

BSA
post Posted: Feb 23 2008, 10:31 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: lance2210 on Saturday 23/02/08 09:24pm

Chart looking encouraging also Lance wink.gif

--------------------

lance2210
post Posted: Feb 23 2008, 10:24 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Smartman_plc on Wednesday 19/12/07 10:10am

Hi Smartman, i bought in SXE around $1.45 however very positive vibe from the half-yearlies. If you and other readers download their presentation they are the second biggest electrical subcontractors after Downer EDI. Obviously heaps of RGP Iron Ore projects from both RIO and BHPB. I kinda like the fact that SXE hasn't come many people's radars yet.

Smartman_plc
post Posted: Dec 19 2007, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

Euroz Securities rate SXE as a BUY and have an updated price target for SXE of $2.02 per share.

Euroz believe that the finalised contracts, particularly for RIO at the Dampier Port Upgrade, are supportive of a strong first half of 2008. Medium term contract wins possibilities include:
- Cape Lambert for Rio;
- Boddington for Newmont; and
- Newman Hub expansion for BHP.

Euroz say that these projects on there own (and there are many other possibilities) support a strong 2009 (the majority of our 2009 forecasts) and Euroz believe that SXE is well placed to win further work. Euroz view the project profile for 2009 as very encouraging and there say that there is significant opportunity for SXE to beat 2009 forecasts.

SXE trades at 16.5x normalised forecast 2008 EPS of 10.3c and 13.9x forecast 2009 EPS of 12.3c. Euroz say that trading metrics are "fair overall, for a strong growth, non capital intensive electrical engineer exposed to the current resources spend".

Euroz commented that "SXE continues to operate in a strong macro environment" and, "is very likely to hit or exceed prospectus 2008 numbers, and be on strong run rate heading into fiscal 2009".

--------------------
Cheers,
Smartman

Smartman_plc
post Posted: Dec 6 2007, 05:56 PM
  Quote Post

My advisor from my broker is expecting that SXE should push $2.00 share price.

--------------------
Cheers,
Smartman

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Nov 19 2007, 02:05 PM
  Quote Post

Created by request:
SOUTHERN CROSS ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING LTD (SXE)

Thankyou
ShareScene.com

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING