Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

42 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

GXY, GALAXY RESOURCES LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 11 2018, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 9 2018, 06:39 PM

SP has had a good run - reached a high of $4.54 yesterday which was a bit overcooked IMHO - and is retreating today along with a number of Li companies. Market down across the board.
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=gxy
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 9 2018, 06:39 PM
  Quote Post

GXY is covered in this UBS report and given a target - GXY.AX Neutral N/A A$3.60 05 Dec 2017

Galaxy Resources 13 GXY.AX Neutral N/A A$3.60 05 Dec 2017

Note Required Disclosure -
]13[/b]. UBS AG, its affiliates or subsidiaries beneficially owned 1% or more of a class of this company`s common equity securities as of last month`s end (or the prior month`s
end if this report is dated less than 10 days after the most recent month`s end).

Lithium – prices higher for longer;Orocobre, Galaxy Resources, Albemarle in production with growth options

http://nzuricopper.com.au/wp-content/uploa...S-battery-1.pdf
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Dec 20 2017, 11:06 AM
  Quote Post

The Galaxy share price has been on an impressive run over the last six months and risen a staggering 127%.

This means that the lithium miner’s shares are now rapidly closing in on their all-time high of $4.08.

Can they continue to climb higher?

Following the recent lithium pricing update by rival Orocobre Ltd (ASX: ORE), I would say that Galaxy’s shares are about fair value based on the prices being commanded by producers at the moment.

In light of this, I wouldn’t expect its shares to climb notably higher in the coming months, making it a hold for me.

However, should demand continue to outstrip supply, as Orocobre’s management has predicted, then prices could increase further in 2018 and lift Galaxy’s shares.

But even so, I would suggest investors look to get in at a cheaper price in order to gain a more compelling risk/reward.

What is a good buy price?

I think that investors that can snap up shares at $3.50 will do very well from an investment in Galaxy. Especially if they are prepared to hold onto their shares for the long-term.

Due to its three world-class assets, high prices, and growing demand for lithium due to the seismic shift to electric vehicle usage, I believe Galaxy could outperform the market significantly over the next five years...
- Motley Fool

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 13 2017, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 7 2017, 12:16 PM

GXY in the media - http://dailytelescope.com/pr/china-taking-...hium-race/28889

Regardless if China moves ahead, lithium prices don't appear to be abating any time soon so new lithium resources like A.I.S. Resources' Guayatayoc project in South America are likely to bring tremendous value and aid in the move to electrify the auto market.

POTENTIAL COMPARABLES

Galaxy Resources (OTC: GALXF)

Galaxy Resources Limited is a lithium-focused resources company, with assets spanning Australia, Canada and Argentina. Galaxy is currently advancing plans to develop the Sal de Vida Lithium and Potash Brine Project (“Sal de Vida“) in Argentina, which is situated in the Lithium Triangle, a region where Chile, Argentina and Bolivia meet. Sal de Vida is a proven high quality resource has excellent promise as a future low cost production facility. Galaxy also owns the Mt Cattlin Spodumene Mine near Ravensthorpe in Western Australia and the James Bay Lithium Pegmatite Project in Quebec, Canada.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 7 2017, 12:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 7 2017, 12:00 PM

GXY in the media - https://thewest.com.au/business/automotive/...t-ng-b88683067z

UBS said its preferred picks for investors were Independence Group and Western Areas in the nickel space, Syrah Resources for graphite and Orocobre and Galaxy Resources for lithium.
Galaxy also received a buy recommendation from Bell Potter based on a big resource upgrade for its James Bay lithium project in Canada on Monday. The broker issued a price target of $4.57, noting lithium prices had continued to strengthen on constrained supply and continuing growth in demand.

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 7 2017, 12:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 29 2017, 10:38 PM

Roskill view

Locking-in customers for the longer term is a smart move for Galaxy as competition in concentrate supply from WA is set to heat-up from 2018. Although most other existing and near-term producers have the majority of their output sown-up under off-take agreements, typically for greater than two years, additional un-contracted supply could become available and customers without agreements like Blossom and Ruifu would be a key target for extra sales. Roskill still sees downside pressure on spodumene concentrate prices mid-term, but as agreements are increasingly linked to lithium carbonate/hydroxide prices it may take a wider price fall to realise. Galaxy has reaped higher pricing in not having formula-based contracts, but if the market turns that advantage could transfer to its customers.

https://roskill.com/news/lithium-galaxy-sig...s-bay-resource/

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 29 2017, 10:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 29 2017, 05:40 PM

Shares in lithium miner Galaxy Resources spark up

Assessing the Galaxy announcement, Citi analyst Clarke Wilkins said: "While positive, we see this announcement largely on expected lines and the market will likely continue to focus on the project pipeline progress."

Mr Wilkins said Galaxy had also signed a "conversion agreement" that would see some of Mt Cattlin's lithium concentrate converted into lithium carbonate/hydroxide on behalf of Galaxy.

"This will allow Galaxy to sell downstream lithium chemical products to consumers directly and capture higher share of lithium value chain. We believe this also fits into Galaxy's strategy to develop relationship with end-consumer for potential future product mix of the company," he said.

read more - http://www.smh.com.au/business/mining-and-...129-gzv5ww.html

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 29 2017, 05:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 29 2017, 08:26 AM

News well received - SP up 8.64% @ $3.90/share
Attached Image

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 29 2017, 08:26 AM
  Quote Post

Something's happening

• Binding offtake agreements for minimum 200,000 tonnes per annum of lithium concentrate signed with multiple customers for 5 years

• 100% of total planned lithium concentrate production from Mt Cattlin sold for contract term

• Headline pricing achieved for 2018 higher than 2017

• A portion of Mt Cattlin lithium concentrate to be converted on Galaxy's behalf into lithium carbonate and or lithium hydroxide

• Galaxy to commence selling lithium chemical products to the end-user market in 2018

• Offtake arrangements to settle through Mitsubishi Corporation

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 23 2017, 12:06 PM
  Quote Post

GXY's Managing Director & CEO is featured as a speaker at the upcoming BloombergNEF - Future of Energy Forum - Shanghai - held next week November 28-29, 2017

https://about.bnef.com/summit/event/shangha...hanghai-agenda/

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

42 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING