Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

285 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 > »    

Reply to this topic

PPP, PAN PACIFIC PETROLEUM NL
Guest_mogul_*
post Posted: Aug 2 2007, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

Great stuff there Alby, I agree, so where are the buyers at the moment to stop the slide?
So much good news & prospects in this share...

albion
post Posted: Aug 2 2007, 11:44 AM
  Quote Post

A lot of people thought they were going to buy PPP for a song at the time the options were due to run out, it never happened. A lot of people now seem to think they will pick up PPP for a song again with a Hector duster. Well hello guys dont think its going to happen, the market is already saying Hector is a duster with the shares pushed down to 30cents.At this price PPP market is about $177million but if all goes to plan they could be earning anything up to $140million in the first year and then Tui still has a further 9 years to go at lower rates before its finished. If shares did happen do drop further on a Hector duster it would be short lived as buyers know what going to happen ex Hector. The market should have some idea of flow rates, an upgrade has more or less been telegraphed and we have Taranui. Taranui has a far greater chance of coming in than Hector and could be connected quickly into Tui. IMO anyone dumping PPP at 30cents must have rocks in their heads or does no research, could be wrong but at 30cents PPP looks great buying, then there is always that T/O talk.

alonso
post Posted: Aug 1 2007, 03:12 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: smallbear on Wednesday 01/08/07 02:46pm

not much use doing anything else, you'd only have to buy it back at about where it's at now to my way of thinking!

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

russellfji
post Posted: Aug 1 2007, 02:48 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sharp737 on Wednesday 01/08/07 02:38pm

Agreed Sharp. I've elected to hold through the Hector drill pretty much for the reasons you list. Tui alone should put a floor under the sp.

Agree too that if the Dow falls out of bed, so will we.

Holding PPP NZOO.

R

smallbear
post Posted: Aug 1 2007, 02:46 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sharp737 on Wednesday 01/08/07 02:38pm

i think even if Dow did collapse there would still be a home for all that black stuff. China needs it and has the money to pay for it.- it doesnt make sense given that Tui got revalued +30% yesterday! Now a producing asset - im staying put! Im starting to enjoy the volitility of these Sublime mortagages and Iran issues.

sharp737
post Posted: Aug 1 2007, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: russellfji on Wednesday 01/08/07 02:04pm

It could be a bit of both. I know I have jumped into some stocks in the past hoping for a quick rise and then flick them. Didn't always pay off and sometimes I got caught and HAD to sell. And that always drove the price down as it wasn't little quantities.

But yes, Hector would be a reason for some. But what people are forgetting is that PPP is now producing the big stuff. And it has not come out on the news & TV over here in NZ as yet. Now when it does, look out! Whether Hector is a duster or not, there will be a dip if there is, but jack all I think. And that is because Tui will be ramping to 50,000 bbl/day with and upgrade in resource highly likely.
And then there is Taranui coming along with Maitland 2 well.

But all the best to holders. Don't panic! As one friend of mine used to say to me..."you have to have balls of steel....". I think that applies here. Don't get ripped off. But of course, if the DOW collapses, that's another story.

Sharp

russellfji
post Posted: Aug 1 2007, 02:04 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sharp737 on Wednesday 01/08/07 01:57pm

I'd suggest profit takers are moving in BECAUSE Hector is underway. They'll buy back cheaper in the event of a duster and try to board the train again if it's a gusher. Normally I'd be among them but for reasons well explained by other posters, I think this time it's worth holding on.

Luc to all holders.

R

sharp737
post Posted: Aug 1 2007, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: reginald on Tuesday 31/07/07 04:08pm

Someone is selling....probably on margin or needs to pay back bank quick. Something like that I would say because the news is all good!

Roll out the Barrel!

Sharp

reginald
post Posted: Jul 31 2007, 04:08 PM
  Quote Post

Hi All,
Strange reaction to first oil.....i suppose you can't expect too much in this panicky market.

Wargfang
post Posted: Jul 31 2007, 11:37 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Wargfang on Tuesday 31/07/07 09:42am

If Hector were to hit....I know its dreamtime....PPP would be worth what ? lets say 60 million barrels, 14% so a 250% upside to current inventory smile.gif

--------------------
Resistance is futile – you will be accumulated

285 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING