Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

716 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 > »    

Reply to this topic

MARKET OUTLOOK - Global & Local, Perspectives & General Market Feeling
nipper
post Posted: Mar 5 2019, 11:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Mar 5 2019, 09:20 AM

Last day for dividend is the trading day before ex dividend.

Record date... Also, Can do off market transfers up to the end of this day

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Mar 5 2019, 09:20 AM
  Quote Post

ask for help........ please explain to me

-----------------
Distribution Amount
AUD 0.08000000
Ex Date
Tuesday March 5, 2019
Record Date
Wednesday March 6, 2019
------------

Distribution Amount
AUD 1.50000000
Ex Date
Monday March 4, 2019
Record Date
Tuesday March 5, 2019
Payment Date
Wednesday March 20, 2019
=============

why the hack that " record date" is one day after "ex--date"???
and which is last date to hold stock that be able to get the divy?????
so confused!!! unsure.gif

early birds
post Posted: Mar 4 2019, 04:54 PM
  Quote Post

We expect that China would focus much of its total purchase commitment on agricultural and energy commodities," Goldman said, adding that Beijing can then reduce purchases of those products from other suppliers, as they are "less differentiated and much easier to substitute."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/04/goldman-sac...-look-like.html
==============

logical, no surprise!!!!!!!! i guess most of marketers predict this outcome.

we saw the charts of A50 today------looks like a text book stuff--------------sell on news!!

nipper
post Posted: Mar 3 2019, 02:09 PM
  Quote Post

This headline occurs, well, every 6 and 12 months
Corporate Australia has deli­vered the best harvest of dividends in almost 20 years, with cashed-up companies on track to return almost $86 billion to shareholders this financial year.

As the February reporting season draws to a close, the amount of cash paid by ASX 200 companies this financial year is expected to rise 10 per cent to $85.8bn.
.... but with high levels of foreign ownership, how much touches the pockets of locals?
....also, this time around, I suspect plowing the money back into fully franked payers isn't to be as high on many punters' lists.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 28 2019, 10:18 PM
  Quote Post

Australia and Indonesia will sign a free trade agreement next Monday, ending months of uncertainty.
The ABC understands Trade Minister Simon Birmingham will fly to Jakarta with a business delegation on Sunday ahead of the signing the following day, with his counterpart Enggartiasto Lukita.

Key points:
Indonesia considered pulling out of the agreement after Scott Morrison's comments about moving the embassy to Jerusalem

The deal is expected to benefit Australian farmers and the education sector

Indonesia wants greater access for its people to work in Australia, as well as support for its crude palm oil industry

The ABC understands Trade Minister Simon Birmingham will fly to Jakarta with a business delegation on Sunday ahead of the signing the following day, with his counterpart Enggartiasto Lukita.

The trade deal has been eight years in the making and should benefit Australian grain growers, with Indonesia agreeing to import 500,000 tonnes of grain tariff free.

Mr Morrison said in August negotiators had also secured lower tariffs, or greater access on live cattle, dairy and horticulture.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-28/aust...eement/10859758

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 28 2019, 02:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 27 2019, 08:07 PM

And yet despite all this tension between two Nuclear ratbags, and Warren Buffet's prediction of the end of the world as we know it, what does gold do?
It falls. Along with silver and other PM's.
Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  boylep  nipper  blacksheep  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 27 2019, 08:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Feb 27 2019, 03:29 PM

When you first view the video you swear its "comedy" - then you realise it's for real.

World markets already getting jitters. Oil going up

Rising geopolitical tensions rippled across markets Wednesday, sending stocks and futures lower from Asia to Europe as India clashed with Pakistan. The yen strengthened with Treasuries as traders awaited the second half of Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell’s testimony to Congress.

The Stoxx Europe 600 index opened broadly lower following four sessions of gains. The downward move came after S&P futures fell, equities came off their highs in Japan and Hong Kong shares erased an advance. Pakistani fighter jets struck at targets inside Indian-controlled Kashmir, Pakistan’s foreign ministry said. While the news moved the yen higher and India’s rupee lower, volatility across currencies continued on its downward trend. Brent oil futures climbed toward $66 a barrel.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...nd=premium-asia

International flights being grounded or diverted
Attached File(s)
Attached File  D0ZeZvjXcAUYOqw.png ( 326.97K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

early birds
post Posted: Feb 27 2019, 07:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Feb 27 2019, 03:29 PM

looks bit out steps ??

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/27/indian-air-...e-official.html

Pakistan shoots down Indian jets, carries out airstrikes in Kashmir

==============
will it trigger something even bigger ?? unsure.gif
market bulls better run for cover i guess!! devilsmiley.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  nipper  

triage
post Posted: Feb 27 2019, 03:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 27 2019, 02:22 PM

Meh, what could go wrong? ... it's not as if they are both prone to over-reacting ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JW_a-lz8sg

(looks like John Cleese's take on the haka)

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  mullokintyre  nipper  

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 27 2019, 02:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 26 2019, 08:20 PM

Let's hope this situation doesn't get out of control - Imran Khan to consult nuclear chiefs after India's first air strike on Pakistan in decades Posted 59 minutes ago
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-27/imra...trikes/10853290

--------------------

716 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING