Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MXI, MAXITRANS INDUSTRIES LIMITED
terrine
post Posted: Sep 9 2019, 11:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Sep 9 2019, 10:39 AM

iI read the presentation and didnt see too much we didnt already know.
Might be a while till we see that recovery, the whole motor trade seems to be hurting

alonso
post Posted: Sep 9 2019, 10:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: terrine's post @ Sep 5 2019, 12:43 PM

Yes it's been bad. The drought has been a factor as it always is but also the retail downturn.

They've got a new investor presentation out today with some interesting figures. I was surprised to see that parts had in underlying terms (whatever that means) had been equal to trailers in revenue. They certainly have an impressive parts distribution setup.

I bought quite a few over recent months. I don't know that they've ever been quite this low but I do know that over the 15 years I have been buying & selling them, they have always come up from the bottom. So I'm holding with some medium term confidence.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

terrine
post Posted: Sep 5 2019, 12:43 PM
  Quote Post

Further to my last post a year ago, the medium term hasnt been that good
In fact its been awful
I know they have good contacts with the Supermarket chains and the Defence Force, but the droughts hurting.
Directors have been busy buying recently at these low low prices
If I didnt have enuff, I just might average down myself.

terrine
post Posted: May 14 2018, 11:19 AM
  Quote Post

short lived day (year) in the sun......profit guidance today
while not the stellar FY results expected (previously announced) profit guidance really doesnt appear that bad
a marginal fall in expected profits....maybe a medium term buy for the punters

terrine
post Posted: Feb 23 2018, 02:37 PM
  Quote Post

STELLAR result, EPS UP 27%

alonso
post Posted: Aug 19 2016, 02:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Aug 13 2015, 10:27 AM

Good old stodgy reliable.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

alonso
post Posted: Aug 13 2015, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

It seems to me the chart is now showing positive signs, a breakout even? Early days I guess, depends what report brings.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Aug 10 2015, 10:19 AM
  Quote Post

Have been looking for today's ann for a while. They could have closed it a year ago in terms of outlook but I guess they had existing contracts to fulfil.
Still it's a good restructure move by the board.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Jul 15 2015, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jun 24 2015, 01:26 PM

It might be looking neutral right now but I think (hope) it's showing signs that it will trend higher.
This has been a cyclical stock since I had anything to do with it and it might be time for a comeback.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Jun 24 2015, 01:26 PM
  Quote Post

Obviously not much interest here for a while. I sold the last of mine in 2012 and made some good profits.
The chart may not be looking too healthy right now but I'm back in for a few, punting that it's now oversold and
the good times might come back. Always been a good business.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING