Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

30 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Trump
mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 3 2021, 04:04 PM
  Quote Post

Trump still looms big and mean across the divide of US politics.
But his supporters are just not going away quietly.
According to BloombergsThe NBA Finals were down 61% in ratings and 13% overall from the previous season.
The NFL superbowl TV audience was the lowest in 15 years, and there was a general decline of 11% over the year.
Lots of reasons have been put forward as to why, though the persistent politicisation of sports has not helped.
Recently, the norm has been that those who fail to take the knee, end up taking the boot.
The latest American ritual to take a boot was that cultural peak called the Golden Globes.
The only good part of this spectacular in the past was watching the Hollywood Elites squirming as Ricky Gervais eviscerated them with his pointed take down of their gross hypocrisy.
This obviously white male supremacist has been given the boot for two white female supremacists, who as has become the norm, joined many of the award recipients in giving lectures about how we need more diversity, especially fewer WMS, despite the furore over the WAPO pointing out that the group of people picking winners and losers had not a single person of colour among its dignitaries.
And like the sports, the GG's did not fare to well with audiences, as audience numbers fell by 64% from last year.
The real kicker was that the ratings for the Trump Appearance at the CPAC, which was broadcast at the samme time as the GG's, managed to score 6.7 million TV viewers, almost matching the GG audience of 6.9 million.
All of these figures are despite so many people being forced to stay at home during most of the ratings period.
I missed Ricky, especially his caustic comment from last year, or maybe the year before.

"So, if you do win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech. You're in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award. Thank your agent and your god, and f*** off!"

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 17 2021, 03:33 PM
  Quote Post

Finally found a non political Trump Joke.

President Trump was walking outside on the Lawn heading for his Limo, when gunman steps out and takes aim.
One of the secret service agents seem and screams "Mickey mouse".
The gunmen is so startled that he fumbles the gun and drops it by which time he is jumped on by other agents and hauled away for interrogation.
Later his superiors were going through what happened , and they asked the agent " What on earth possessed you yell out Mickey Mouse?"
The secret service agent in question blushed, and admitted that he had got confused and actually meant to shout "Donald, Duck".

Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 10 2021, 10:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 10 2021, 10:20 AM

and as someone pointed out; this trial has Senate members both as witnesses and jury.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 10 2021, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

Without getting into any pro vs anti trump rhetoric,I found the headline from ABC NEWS interesting.
US Senate votes Donald Trump's second impeachment trial is constitutional and should continue

I am always open to correction, but I was always under the impression that the US supreme Court was the only body able to determine the validity of something under constitutional Law.
Having the senate or House of reps determine it as such has about as much weight as Pauline Hanson.
Mick

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 2 2021, 03:04 PM
  Quote Post

Perhaps we'll revert back to the mean and get our black swan events from the end of a bomb now that the Americans have steamed into the Black Sea and ratcheting up the Chinese rhetoric.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

cooderman
post Posted: Feb 1 2021, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jan 29 2021, 04:49 PM

Any qanon followers watching what is going on in the markets might just be thinking, ah...here's the storm. Finally.

They also might be thinking " Life is a bitch when reality pays a visit."
Attached File  QAnon.jpg ( 83.05K ) Number of downloads: 8

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

plastic
post Posted: Jan 29 2021, 04:49 PM
  Quote Post

Any qanon followers watching what is going on in the markets might just be thinking, ah...here's the storm. Finally.

Imho, we've had a shower.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 20 2021, 07:39 PM
  Quote Post

Something that slipped under the radar is the second leg of the Sino-US trade agreement.

Trump mustn't have been able to close it out. Could be what he's talking about when he is referencing Biden being good for China.

--------------------

kahuna1
post Posted: Jan 16 2021, 08:15 PM
  Quote Post

Its On ...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Screenshot_2021_01_16_Instagram_1_.png ( 378.66K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 16 2021, 06:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jan 16 2021, 05:00 PM

I am happy to give you ten to one.
But I need to see the colour of ya money first.
Mick

--------------------

30 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING