Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

826 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

The top of this cycle for ASX200, cash is king ?
arty
post Posted: Jan 24 2018, 08:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rog's post @ Jan 24 2018, 07:17 AM

correct.
Schuldscheine require a modicum of honesty on both sides.
What an outdated concept, since the Wolves took over Wall Street ... lmaosmiley.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  triage  nipper  

rog
post Posted: Jan 24 2018, 07:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 23 2018, 04:20 PM

“Schuldschein borrowers do not require a credit rating and the company only needs to prepare a brief document to accompany a deal.”

“Market participants say that recent ruptures have not undermined Schuldschein, but have merely shown that it is not suitable for every company”

https://www.ft.com/content/ac329fba-fac4-11...92-2c9be7f3120a

--------------------
With money in your pocket you are wise, you are handsome, and you sing well too.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Jan 23 2018, 04:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 23 2018, 04:01 PM

possibly arty, and I take your point. However,
...distressed UK construction group Carillion quietly raised £112m through German Schuldschein bonds. South African retailer Steinhoff also tapped this obscure market, borrowing €730m.

Schuldschein loans were once a feature of rock-solid lending to family Mittelstand companies in Germany. The transformation of this corner of the market into a form of high-risk shadow banking shows how the lending system has been distorted by quantitative easing (QE) and negative interest rates.
Ambrose Evans-Pritchard
Read more: http://www.afr.com/news/politics/world/dav...3#ixzz54zBmrb9G

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  kahuna1  triage  

arty
post Posted: Jan 23 2018, 04:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 23 2018, 02:41 PM

- more mutton dressed as lamb

not necessarily mutton. Schuldscheine have been around in Germany for yonks. Essentially an IOU, a Schuldschein contains provisions that "I", the borrower, have a say when it comes to repaying "U", the lender.
Coming from vestiges of the German sense of fair play, it is more balanced and gives the borrower greater rights than the standard US model, and therefore is routinely rejected especially by US lenders. As has been pointed out above, in the US variant of Capitalism, it is inconceivable that the owner of the capital could waste a nano-second thinking of the needs and interests of the borrower.
The different attitude was also the main reason why Karl Marx' Das Kapital stood a far better chance of stoking the fire of discontent among the working have-nots in London than it could have if published in Cologne.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Jan 23 2018, 02:41 PM
  Quote Post

One to watch : Schuldschein bonds
... the borrower of a Schuldschein has no access to the bond market. More flexible than a bond, the Schuldschein note can be adjusted to the customer's needs regarding repayment terms, drawdown periods, etc. Lending amounts range between EUR 10 and 100 million

- more mutton dressed as lamb

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  

Mags
post Posted: Jan 16 2018, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kahuna1's post @ Jan 16 2018, 09:19 AM

Mark, didn't read word for word, but I get exactly where you're coming from. Someone once told me the concept of capitalism is to get the money from your pocket and transfer it to mine. This only works when everyone is able to get some money, as you show, in the USA, the money is going up the chain, never across or down, only up.

Yes, you're right. The 1% are absolutely feasting. Gorging themselves.

And for what? I don't really know. I know several very wealthy people, who worked and created their wealth, and they all say once the house is paid for, the nice cars paid for, the holidays paid for.... why keep working to death??? Spend time with family, friends, hell give time to the community... Once you have billions, really, why would you want to seek more, especially when it is MEASURABLY harming those below you??

I could go on for hours, I know several USA citizens, and their attitudes come off bizarre. So proud and passionate of capitalism, yet nervous and untrusting....

Humans can be brilliant, but we're also very, very evil.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  Livas1  arty  

kahuna1
post Posted: Jan 16 2018, 09:19 AM
  Quote Post

JUst report off other thread . basic longer term future outlook ...

Howdy,

Meet Cindy the New USA Ambassador To Australia

Cindy

Since September 2016 USA has not had an Australian Ambassador and finally they have seen fit to appoint Cindy 15months latter.

Its about time, a full 12 months after our hapless PM was hung up on via phone early 2017by Emperor Donald Trump over the refugee deal, finally it appears the USA seen fit to appoint a new ambassador to Australia. Or NOT !!

Rest via PDF ....

usual length for me

Enjoy

Cheers MArk

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Meet_Cindy_the_new_USA_Ambassodor_To_Australia.pdf ( 172.73K ) Number of downloads: 52

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: henrietta  coasti  Mags  Livas1  328jet  indeficit  crashtstdumy  kiril  

early birds
post Posted: Dec 22 2017, 10:07 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/201...the-yield-curve

The flattening yield curve -- that is, the narrowing in yields between longer-maturity government bonds and short-dated ones -- has attracted growing attention in recent weeks, and for good reason.

=================
market always come up with new thingy, or is it???? unsure.gif
i've been watch this "curve" indicate for long long time, my bet is ----it will work this time as well, just timing witch i don't have clues as all central banks mess around with their bond program.

arty
post Posted: Dec 18 2017, 12:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Mags's post @ Dec 18 2017, 09:01 AM

How a reset, or redistribution of the wealth will occur, and when, I can't tell, but troubling times are certainly ahead.
It is unlikely that a reset will occur. The multi-child masses are far too absorbed in their celebrity worship to worry about anything but number of likes and tweeted fashion "advice".
Meanwhile, the ghettos are growing where drug lords rule and law enforcement agencies refuse to go.
Life expectancy in those ghettos keeps declining - as it has to, given the unchecked rate of breeding.
Medical breakthroughs only benefit the super-rich, who can afford to pay for it.

Read "I Will Fear No Evil", a very prophetic sci-fi novel by the late Robert A Heinlein.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  4thekids  

Mags
post Posted: Dec 18 2017, 09:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kahuna1's post @ Oct 22 2017, 10:12 AM

Yes, it's a shocking (and I mean, it should shock anyone that learns about it) position that the USA (well, the west in general) have gotten themselves into. Reading into the detail of the latest 'tax reform' from Trump and the team..... I can't even put into words how one sided the reforms are. The evidence that they don't benefit the masses is shown by the massive ramp up in stock by backs since it was announced... Tax cuts are being pumped back into already wealthy (compared to the 95%) shareholders... Not new jobs, not innovation, not R&D... Just "wealth creation"

Wealth creation itself is in a weird place now, as like a parasite can only thrive on a healthy host, I see the masses (here in Aus also, I deal with them in retail and service) and they are reaching the end of their ability to borrow... Sustainability dropped off quite some years ago, we are just living on credit cards, hoping it will come good of it's own ability.

It is amazing that the masses have allowed this to occur, right under their noses, right after the most prosperous time in the last 100 years. Most of the masses are connected to non-MSM, but they have failed to hold their governments to account, and allowed them to destroy the current and future generations through unbelievable tax and economic 'reforms'.

I honestly believe, inequality in the west is the biggest threat to modern society. And it's at all levels, from small business owners risking everything, but earning nothing, to multi-kid families living nicely on welfare, to working families trying to keep afloat etc. etc. How a reset, or redistribution of the wealth will occur, and when, I can't tell, but troubling times are certainly ahead.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: KianJ  henrietta  early birds  arty  henriette  BobE  kahuna1  kiril  indeficit  

826 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING