Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

938 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Oct 24 2006, 01:13 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like the price is going to stick around the 3c mark. I guess thats where they want it for the recap plan.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Oct 24 2006, 12:30 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Enumerate on Tuesday 24/10/06 11:30am

Which brings me to the question - if you knew the HIV IND was to be filed/announced, this year - why would you sell before this event? Last sell offer price was at 3.9cents - this is still cheap from what we know

Because at this stage, it is only a promise. Any number of things could go wrong to cause yet more delays. Unless you are acutely aware of the detail and the associated probabilities that is all it is and given the track record of the previous bunch and the money woes all in a hi-tech company that few people will understand then until leadership is found to provide the lay investor with confidence you can expect the IND not be reflected in the price until it is underway with an ascribed value.

And while we might know that the market at large does not.

--------------------

Enumerate
post Posted: Oct 24 2006, 11:30 AM
  Quote Post

Just had a quick look at the final accounts.

- I can understand why the Promega and Bremner "cash" was needed.
- No sure whether to interpret these accounts as "tagged" or "not tagged". Viability as a going concern is dependent on capital raising.

Reading some of the management comments - looks like HIV is a definate starter for '06.

Which brings me to the question - if you knew the HIV IND was to be filed/announced, this year - why would you sell before this event? Last sell offer price was at 3.9cents - this is still cheap from what we know but the question is "who is keener - the seller at 3.9 or the buyer at 2.7".

--------------------
Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

plastic
post Posted: Oct 24 2006, 10:14 AM
  Quote Post

Looks like the market is confused on this one.

Unwilling to pay more than last sale.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 23 2006, 06:18 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like they can trade.

What will it be?

A stampede for the door by JP Morgan Chase?

I think so.

Time to buy, buy, buy and bye bye Citigroup. Sorry to see you're all such a bunch of good for nothing losers. I guess lies and deceit can only get you so far, eh?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 23 2006, 05:54 PM
  Quote Post

Well, maybe he wasn't that far out. Audited report is out today. The auditor expresses his opinion that there is inherent uncertainty regarding continuation as a going concern.

I don't know if this means they can trade or not. If they can, I guess it will be tomorrow they resume. We might see the price crash even further. If they can't the status quo remains til they recap.

Recap plans are set down for the prospectus to be sent out and the cap raising to be completed before years end.

Beats me where they are going to get the capital from when the SPP failed and nothing all that significant has happened with regards to adding value. Although they must have something big in mind because when they talk about the CEO terms of employment and dis-employment they refer to a company in excess of $75m.

They are talking about "further developing" the HIV programme that hasn't started yet. Don't quite know what that means but if we were to speculate I would say they expect early Phase I success and may partner another biotech and or big pharma in a stand alone company and IPO that on the NASDAQ using the CAPM model of business on the basis of that success.

They won't let on about the current state of the Nucleonics affair only to say that its not resolved. Maybe in that December hearing if we are lucky, eh?

Nor will they crack on about what they have planned for next year.

One thing at a time I suppose. They are only a small group with limited resources working hard to shore up the current position. Gotta say, it all looks good so far.

Once the capital comes in and the HIV thing starts up, it will be blue skies forever....lets hope.

Great to see, that the Whitton holding (Barbary Coast) is gone. I think he tried to collapse the price to facilitate the take over but looks like Mike Dalling has saved the day. Good on you Mike. smile.gif

Interesting to note is the Kay holding has also gone. Maybe he was a part of the scheme as well. Disappointing if he was.

Thomas and Cappello are gone also.

Thats the heads anyway unless they have put them in to a nominee but I see they still have options.

Anyway, its all looking good from here on in.

If JP Morgan dump when this comes back on line then I think thats a buy.

--------------------

boylep
post Posted: Oct 23 2006, 03:23 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: plastic on Saturday 21/10/06 05:15pm

Don't know where the guy from Hot Copper got his information from about re-listing. When I rang the company this morning they indicated that the re-listing won't be until at least Friday of this week. I guess we will have to be patient.

Boylep

plastic
post Posted: Oct 21 2006, 05:15 PM
  Quote Post

There is something weird in that Adder. Oct 03 was the setting down date for the last hearing. Now its being re-heard? Maybe it was adjourned. Who knows? All we know is BLT isn't letting on whats going on but are doing the deals with a close bunch of people who are presumably in the"know". My money however is on the Japanese. They will never venture in to the unknown without every screw and rivet available in use against observable risk.

This is as safe as it can be when it comes back on line. All thats left to do is make the announcements.

Some guy on HotCopper (emailed) reckons its back online Monday. Says he spoke with the CEO. No ann. though.

Don't see any bigger companies like Alnylam, Sigma Aldrich, Acuity, or Amgen even stepping up to the plate. Not yet anway. Wonder how big pharma are gonna fit in to all this as opposed to biopharma.

Once things like that happen then you know this thing is going to the moon.

Enumerate; sixty patents. That really is something. I didn't know they had that many pending. Makes me wonder if the main one is for MS, Lou Gehrigs, asthma, cancer, RA or psoriasis. These seem to be the big targets at the moment. Or perhaps its the HIV or HCV fields. Who knows but I am positively excited about the next week or two when this thing comes on line again. Makes me wonder who else they are going to do a deal with!

I have the feeling Australasia is about to become an economic powerhouse in the science R&D bio and pharma segments the same way Singapore and Japan did with electronics and industry.

--------------------

theadder
post Posted: Oct 21 2006, 09:25 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Enumerate on Wednesday 18/10/06 08:21am

hi Enumerate, looks like December the 6th is the day now...

**Panel H: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 10:00 A.M., Courtroom 201

2006-3035 MATTHEWS V USPS [argued]
2006-1122 BENITEC AUSTRALIA V NUCLEONICS [argued] 2006-5061 REGATTA BAY LIMITED V US [argued]
2006-1407 AQUATEX V TECHNICHE SOLUTIONS [argued]
2006-3233 RUSH V TREASURY [on the briefs]
2006-3325 STRAITON V OPM [on the briefs]

Enumerate
post Posted: Oct 18 2006, 08:21 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: plastic on Tuesday 17/10/06 03:10pm

From Plastic
I particularly like the Japanese interest in this.

Your points about Japanese interest and approach are very insightful.
- PDLC positioning/timing
- Keiretsu relationship

I agree that these matters are for the longer term and are likely elements of Benitec long term strategy. However, it now seems as it BLT.ASX will be there, in the long term; and hence disucssion of strategy is entirely appropriate!

Resolution of the Graham '099 patent re-exam will be the key to establishing the keiretsu. I am sure it is not lost on the biotech community that Tacere is funded with Japanese money. I'd also suggest there will be other pharma communities of interest who will now be waking up to RNAi.

I'd also note reference to the 60 patents in the Bremner press release! Alot of these will be duplicates of a single patent in multiple geographies - but 60, in total! I know that BLT.ASX has rights through licensing deals which may be difficult to detail with public information sources. 60 patents indicates that the estate is potentially broader and deeper than I orginally thought.

This is another intriguing piece of news!

--------------------
Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

938 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING