Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

INR, Ioneer ltd
nipper
post Posted: Jul 13 2019, 03:14 PM
  Quote Post

Questions have surfaced of whether the Australian-listed lithium miner Ioneer could be on the radar of resource industry giant Rio Tinto.

Ioneer has a market value of $236 million and some believe it could be too small for Rio, which trades with a $38.5 billion market value. But Rio has a ventures unit that examines smaller opportunities and so the possibility should not be discounted.

Ioneer is developing the Rhyolite Ridge Lithium-Boron project in Nevada, not far from Rio’s borates business in Boron, California.

The company’s boron supplies are understood to be depleting and Rio has milestones it needs to achieve. The chemical has various modern uses, ranging from computer screens to fertilisers to magnets for wind turbines.

Ioneer counts former Rio energy and minerals chief executive Alan Davies among its directors. Rio terminated Mr Davies’s contract in 2016 following an internal inquiry in 2011 into contractual arrangements with a consultant who provided advisory services on the Simandou project in Guinea.

- an examination of the declining share price over the last year or so indicates the company isn't making a go of it.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING