Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4870 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
Johnny H
post Posted: Today, 06:47 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: seeva222's post @ Today, 04:09 AM

I'm told that having no debt is the greatest achievement in the history of mankind.

--------------------
Clinuvel until my bowels release for the last time.

seeva222
post Posted: Today, 04:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Johnny H's post @ Yesterday, 09:51 AM

Every day they lose dollars: $250k a day, $1.5M a week, $7.5M a month.

*This assumes there are 1000 patients at 15K getting treatments every 2 months.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: CUV88  simon_vienna  Johnny H  

Johnny H
post Posted: Today, 01:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Justinian's post @ Yesterday, 01:39 PM

In some of the interviews I've seen with US EPP patients, some of them are so sensitive to light that they'll have a painful reaction indoors to the wrong kind of lightbulb. Their sensitivity isn't to seasonally & latitude dependent UV light, It's to nearly ubiquitous blue light (450–495 nm). Eumelanin happens to filter both.

One patient, who spoke about her EPP at Yale Medical Center in honor of Rare Disease Day 2018, had to conduct the presentation with the lights turned off in the classroom because she could feel a reaction starting. The room had no windows. This same patient was able to go to the beach on a sunny day while on Scenesse.

While there are a few milder cases of EPP where the patients might limit their treatment to 4x a year when they're most likely to be outdoors, there are many patients who, regardless of the climate where they live, will absolutely will need treatment 6x a year just to be able to take the sheets down from their bedroom windows.

I don't recall the exact reason that the EMA gave for recommending 4 implants per year, but it's absolute rubbish. They might have claimed that there was a valid medical basis for their decision, but there isn't. It's quite obviously a cost-saving measure. The FDA doesn't consider cost of treatment in their decision making process, and their assessment contains no such restrictions.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: FarmaZutical  royco  odi01  Justinian  

Justinian
post Posted: Yesterday, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: oystercatcher's post @ Yesterday, 01:09 PM

I would think a lot of the US would need treatment some of the winter. The latitude in Florida lines up with North Africa. Most northern states line up with with south Europe.

Frogster
post Posted: Yesterday, 01:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Johnny H's post @ Yesterday, 09:51 AM

Don't worry Johnny, I'm sure with the wealth of recent US commercial pharmaceutical experience they have on the Board that the tardiness in getting the product to patients and making sales is all part of what will come to be described by said Board in due course as "a perfectly conceived and executed launch plan".

--------------------
Dr Wolgen is a magician.
His end game for Scenesse will impress, or even amaze.
En route, along with glimmers of truth, there will be distractions, illusions, sleight of hand and misdirection.
Enjoy the ride.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: xray  Johnny H  schaumelk  FarmaZutical  PunkassDerm  PortugueseMan  

oystercatcher
post Posted: Yesterday, 01:09 PM
  Quote Post

I live in Brisbane Australia so this question might seem elementary to some. Some past posts have suggested that US EPP suffers will only need to have implants in the warmer months. How about the 10 USA states that enjoy mild winters. Wouldn’t they want an implant all year protection?

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Johnny H
post Posted: Yesterday, 09:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Desert Rat's post @ Yesterday, 05:52 AM

US patients theoretically have access to 6 implants per year. 6 x 60 days = 360 days, or pretty much the entire year.

Every day that Scenesse remains unavailable is another day that Clinuvel loses money.

If Clinuvel had been ready to distribute at approval, most US patients would be halfway through their 2nd implant by now. That's quite a missed opportunity, both financially and for the patients who have been patiently waiting in the dark.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: waz  bretto32  Frogster  paul jackson  PunkassDerm  seeva222  

Desert Rat
post Posted: Yesterday, 05:52 AM
  Quote Post

A CNBC commentator said last Friday that the value of Apple Inc shares almost equals the valuation of the entire Australian stock market. Just a factoid. After thinking about it, the lack of Scenesse distribution in the US up to the present probably doesn't matter, since it is winter in the N hemisphere and EPP patients in the US will no doubt want to "save" their 4-6 implants for the coming summer months. However, the company gets no reprieve from the exclusivity clock which started ticking upon US approval late last year. They will get the time back for the period the drug was under review by the FDA, which was considerable. But they had better get distribution channels lined up now for the coming spring/summer months or they will miss out on an entire season of US sales. And, any monitoring requirement for the US distribution is ridiculous since the product is proven safe and effective now for many years. Also, the January "Newsletter" continued the annoying trend of providing no actual news but a lot of hand wringing about how hard it has been and how wonderful they have done against such adversity. Give us all a break now, Philippe.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: oystercatcher  Billy Boots  paul jackson  badass79  

odi01
post Posted: Yesterday, 01:28 AM
  Quote Post

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid...J2Whg8QuxPI0fo4

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blackm3  PortugueseMan  

sharelooker
post Posted: Jan 19 2020, 11:49 PM
  Quote Post

New US-instos have entered the game:

https://www.morningstar.com/stocks/pinx/clvlf/ownership

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: odi01  scipio79  Verharven  waz  royco  Alaaf  

4870 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING