Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

PRY, PRIMARY HEALTH CARE LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jan 4 2019, 08:37 AM
  Quote Post

China's Jangho Group has pounced on Healius with a takeover bid valuing the medical centre and pathology group at more than $2 billion, signalling further shakeout in the local healthcare sector.

The unsolicited, highly conditional proposal from Shanghai-listed Jangho adds to what was already shaping up as a tumultuous year for the health sector, with private hospital giant Healthscope under a takeover offer and API making a play for rival wholesaler Sigma Healthcare. Healthcare costs and charges are likely to be a key battleground in the pending federal election after Labor's "Mediscare" campaign in the last poll.

Healius, formerly known as Primary Health Care, said under the proposal lobbed by Jangho Hong Kong, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Jangho Group, its biggest shareholder planned to acquire the balance of the company that it does not already own by way of a scheme of arrangement. The bid will be another test for the Foreign Investment Review Board in an election year.

Jangho has stalked Healius for more than two years and already controls 15.93 per cent of the group. Taking the company's net debt into account, Healius is valued at $2.88 billion.

The offer is pitched a $3.25 a share
- make it work by slicing and dicing the debt?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

nipper
post Posted: May 8 2017, 03:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ May 8 2017, 03:05 PM

from a low of 3.18 in February to a high of 3.80 today
Hardly linear. Just looking at price action, from 3.90 to 3.40 following the 02 Feb drop based on poor results, an intraday low of 3.18 on 21/2 then to 3.59 on 31/3 and back to 3.42 by the latest announcement . VWAP around 3.35 over the 2 months?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

alonso
post Posted: May 8 2017, 03:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 8 2017, 02:51 PM

True but that only happened a week ago as well, or was only announced a week ago.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

nipper
post Posted: May 8 2017, 02:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ May 8 2017, 02:16 PM

usually a new MD / CEO brings writedowns - the new guy comes with experience and may be a "known quantity"?

Dr Malcolm Parmenter ... brings a wealth of knowledge and practical experience in the operation of medical centres in Australia, with over nine years' tenure as CEO of Independent Practitioner Network Limited, both as a listed company and under the ownership of Sonic Healthcare Limited and subsequently two years as CEO of Sonic Clinical Services.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: May 8 2017, 02:16 PM
  Quote Post

This is quite a turnaround, from a low of 3.18 in February to a high of 3.80 today, though pulled back a bit.
So it's had an impetus from the announcement of proposed unfreeze of Medicare but that only came in recent days.
What accounts for the rest of it?

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

nipper
post Posted: Feb 20 2017, 01:53 PM
  Quote Post

Primary Health Care (PRY) (-16.2%) reported a 36% fall in earnings for its medical centre business,

- you would have expected an earnings stream backed by visits to doctors should have relatively low volatility.

so... blame the gumt policy uncertainty, instead
"As a result of half-year trading, the subdued environment reflected in the Medicare data, and ongoing uncertainty over government policy and regulations, Primary now expects underlying net profit for the 2017 fiscal year to be in the range of A$92 million to A$102 million"

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jan 10 2017, 03:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jan 10 2017, 01:57 PM

doesn't need to be insto selling.
There are quite a few "egg-spurts" that look for certain announcements and immediately start shorting the cr@p out of it. That kind of day-trading can be extremely rewarding, so these guys have also pretty deep pockets to trade from.
Many of these manipoolators are wearing wild beards: Not shaving means they don't have to look themselves in the (mirror) face, which makes it easier to suppress any vestiges of conscience.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

alonso
post Posted: Jan 10 2017, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 10 2017, 12:42 PM

Yeah, I'm sceptical that would have caused the pullback or all of it. Watching for a dump from an insto to be reported.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jan 10 2017, 12:42 PM
  Quote Post

Ouch! What a difference a "blast from the ceo's past" can make sad.gif
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01818837

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

binks
post Posted: Jul 13 2016, 12:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 13 2016, 12:46 AM

A bit off topic but where did "a lipopygian chairwarmer in Canberra" come from ? Lipos - fat, pyge - buttocks (ancient greek) ? I claim no scholarship - only know from looking them up.

Great word, presuming you made it up, there are some benefits to be had from a classical education

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING