Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

905 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Today, 05:06 AM
  Quote Post

Tariffs looking as if they will be postponed. Market (Pfizer) will move first. Long before any bureaucratic machine has completed itself.

That an extension is even mooted tells us Trump doesn't really want to implement them and they are being used for leverage in a stick and carrot technique and that final outcomes are close. Does anyone really think Trump and Xi don't know how to telephone each other?

https://www.zerohedge.com/

US officials are refusing to comment on the possibility of an extension to the March 1 "hard" deadline, though the White House has reportedly been considering a 60-day delay to give time to meet with President Xi.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Feb 20 2019, 04:54 AM
  Quote Post

Senior members of the Chinese delegation don't arrive until Thursday. Friday our time. The following week is the Nth. Korean meeting.

Maybe something will happen inbetween but I am still picking the first or second week of March.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 19 2019, 02:13 PM
  Quote Post

Chinese delegation arrive in Washington soon with talks to resume tomorrow. I'd say this is the final meet. Impossible to say when the announcement will occur. Americans love the theatre too much. Gotta make some drama around the tariffs issue.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 19 2019, 09:50 AM
  Quote Post

What happened to the spike in volume?

The market will always move ahead of anticipated news.

While it's impossible to know if it was a seller exiting quickly, a buyer getting in on the nod my guess it's a shorter covering in the expected upside from the trade talks.

Still not enough for me to buy some though.

One thing for sure is the market will move before we get any public closure to trade talks.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 19 2019, 05:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Feb 16 2019, 12:40 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.
https://www.reuters.com/article/global-econ...p-idUSL5N20D3O8

While everyone talks about sides, winners and losers etc etc. Nobody talks about partners.

Whatever happened to win-win deals?

Any situation anywhere offers up four potential outcomes. Win, win. Win, lose. Lose, win. Lose, lose.

Of the four, win, win actually seems the easiest to attain.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 16 2019, 12:40 PM
  Quote Post

When a deadline is given, it is almost always certainly to be ignored. Otherwise there's no drama. No surprises. Hopefully it will come before but I doubt it. More likely, middle of March.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/ar...jectid=12204464

President Donald Trump said that "there's a possibility" he would extend a March 2 deadline in trade talks with China if the two countries are closing in on a deal.

Trump made the remarks after two days of high-level negotiations broke up in Beijing Friday, and the two countries announced plans to resume talks next week in Washington. The world's two biggest economies are locked in a dispute over China's aggressive push to challenge American technological dominance.

The US is scheduled to hike import taxes on US$200 billion ($291.2b) worth of Chinese goods on March 2. But Trump told reporters that he might extend the deadline "if I see that we're close to a deal or the deal is going in the right direction." He had made similar comments on Tuesday.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 16 2019, 11:27 AM
  Quote Post

Highbury Capital gonna do a Dendreon on BLT?

The saving grace might be JPM. At least its not Citi or the Giant Squid. It was at the beginning though. That JPM are appearing on the books suggests we are full circle.

https://www.deepcapture.com/

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 15 2019, 12:33 PM
  Quote Post

Nth. Korean summit is set down for 27&28th of February. China reckons Trump won't initiate the tariffs. Trump says he might delay them. While England's navy is steaming to the Pacific just in case.
Seems to me like China has the whip hand. But Nth. Korea is piggy in the middle around which everything swivels on.

First O second week of March will determine BLTs fate of it hasn't been already in private.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 14 2019, 06:49 PM
  Quote Post

Trump says he may delay the implementation of the tariffs. Wonder what's brought that on. Doesn't want to spite his electoral base when they realize American strength means consumption costs more for them.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 12 2019, 07:59 AM
  Quote Post

That's the end of Chinese New Year on Sunday. If it's gonna happen it must be soon. But I got a feeling there is still a bit to go.

I hope BLT and the holders get put out of their misery one way or another. Otherwise this is just gonna be another cash burning gravy train shell.

See Dirk was berating SGMO for running a sham. SGMO very similar to BLT.

ARWR up another 8% with no new news. Someone must know something!

--------------------

905 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING