Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

PEA, PACIFIC ENERGY LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Sep 13 2019, 08:50 PM
  Quote Post

Sometimes, worth hanging on
Spotlight on Pacific Energy
Pacific Energy (ASX: PEA) is a power station and energy infrastructure-owner within the resources industry. The company owns and operates 40 remote power stations, generating 400MW of low-cost power for its customers, who are predominantly in the gold sector. We initially invested in the business on the expectation that the increase in the gold price would improve PEA’s tender pipeline for new projects.

On 24 July 2019, PEA was approached by the Queensland Investment Corporation (QIC) with an all-cash takeover offer of $0.975 per share, representing a 35.4% premium to the last quoted share price. This week, PEA received a competing takeover offer from Canadian OPTrust and Infrastructure Capital Group at an 11.0% premium to the existing offer from QIC of $0.975 per share
WAM

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 4 2019, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

Gone
Pacific Energy's biggest shareholder, Kenneth Hall, will reap a $205 million windfall after the Queensland Investment Corporation said it would buy Perth-based Pacific Energy for $422 million in cash.

Mr Hall, a former electrician who keeps a low profile, founded Kalgoorlie Power Systems in 1981 and then sold it to Pacific Energy in 2009 but retained a 48.7 per cent of the combined company and a seat on the board.

QIC will buy Pacific Energy, which provides power to remote mine sites and operates renewable energy power stations, via a scheme of arrangement, paying 97.5¢ per share in cash including a 1.5¢ fully franked dividend.

The deal is a 35 per cent premium to the last closing price of Pacific Energy's stock of 72¢ on July 22, and is above the shares' previous highest price. The stock briefly traded above 70¢ in early 2017.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

melandrob
post Posted: Apr 14 2015, 02:21 PM
  Quote Post

just testing the waters ,.... are there more posts onthis quiet acheiver ?

freoman
post Posted: Sep 13 2007, 02:18 PM
  Quote Post

this is a long term hold for me,this company is getting a foot in the door of future biomass projects.which will gain more attention in the future biggrin.gif

30MW Mt Hope Biomass Power Station Fuel Supply Agreement
The Directors of Pacific Energy Limited (Pacific Energy) are pleased to announce that the
Company has entered into a Fuel Supply Alliance Agreement with Reliable Wood Products
LLC (Reliable) for the supply of up to 450,000 tons of recycled wood waste as a biomass
fuel for the Company’s proposed 30MW biomass power station development to be located
at Company’s Mt Hope Site located in Rockaway Township, New Jersey, USA (Mt Hope
Project).

freoman
post Posted: Jul 30 2007, 02:59 PM
  Quote Post

Why the price drop ?? even though its on light volumes, is there any negative news out there sadsmiley02.gif

freoman
post Posted: Jun 9 2007, 02:33 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mouses on Thursday 07/06/07 09:10pm

I have been looking at this one with interest also,trdes on light volumes though biggrin.gif

mouses
post Posted: Jun 7 2007, 10:10 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mouses on Monday 21/05/07 04:41pm

PEA to team with Perpetual Infrasruture Fund to develop Power Station north of Perth to generate 46mv renewable electricity. New technology to go along with hydro interests in Victoria and New Jersey project. Rose 26% today. This is a Company with its foot in the door with new technology approprate for the times.

mouses
post Posted: May 21 2007, 04:41 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: topic-starter on Tuesday 22/06/04 10:15am

My two posts on PEA havent made it to the board. Wonder if this one will.
The posts get there but then suddenly disappear.

Movement today. All lower prices taken out. AGM on Wednasday in Perth. Keep an eye on this one.

topic-starter
post Posted: Jun 22 2004, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

PEA
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING