Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

CL8, Collaborate Corporation
nipper
post Posted: Sep 11 2019, 01:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 11 2019, 08:24 AM

I've spent some time (a wee bit) trying to find some causality that might help with this company, with the Carly offering, but basically all that there is, is motherhood statements, generalisations and the like.... after which the CL8 people think that signing up for a subscription service will solve customer (= Millennials) problems like indebtedness and value-for-money decisions.

But, really, that's just loss transference. (Up front or debt or leasing)

Yes, the on-line discovery process allows for flexibility, multichannel accessing, verification, payments, reporting, etc. Reality is the company wants to put itself between customer and the product, by way of all the modern digital intermediations. And take a clip at each step.

But I can't find any "agency effect" other than becoming an auto sales disruptor.

Meantime, other CL8 businesses (Drivemycar, Mycaravan, mobilise) languish? It's all about critical mass.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 11 2019, 08:24 AM
  Quote Post

Collaborate Corporation Limited (ASX: CL8)
operates peer-to-peer marketplaces where the ‘trust’ it creates makes it possible for individuals and companies to transact with each other for mutual benefit.

Collaborate disrupts traditional business models by enabling owners and renters to transact directly with each other, monetising assets that would otherwise sit idle. The industry we operate in is called the collaborative economy, peer-to-peer or the sharing economy. We just call it a smart way to create value.

Seems to be a shift going on. Millennials not buying cars, for example
A greater reluctance by young people to become car owners is worsening the slide in new vehicle sales that has now lasted for longer than the global financial crisis in 2008 and 2009. A 10.1 per cent plunge in the number of new vehicles sold in Australia in August to 85,633 vehicles compared with a year ago had the nation's 3500 car dealers frustrated at banks and financiers for making it harder for potential buyers to obtain a loan.

Banks are disputing this, and argue they have roughly the same rejection rates as they always have.

The new vehicle sales slowdown has now extended for 17 months, longer than a 15-month slide during the GFC, with house price falls, uncertainty around the economy and job prospects combining to unnerve potential customers. This comes at a time when Australia's population increased by 405,000 in 2018, with about 250,000 of that annual increase stemming from migration, increasing the pool of potential buyers. The population has risen by almost 600,000 since the new vehicle decline began in April 2018.

But a structural shift is happening in the background, adding to the strain on the car industry. Many younger people who a generation ago would have headed straight to the local car dealer to upgrade their first set of wheels for a better vehicle, are now thinking twice. Some are even delaying obtaining a driver's licence at all.

Restructuring firm KordaMentha says in a new report that societal and technological change are putting extra pressure on the industry and that car ownership is now considered ''more optional''.

Those changes in consumer behaviour as people look to ride-sharing firms like Uber and Taxify, combined with higher-density living in Australia's congested big cities, mean that the industry could be approaching an ''inflection point''.

It comes as a proliferation of subscription-style services for vehicles have emerged in the marketplace, offering much more flexibility to drivers.

Chris Noone, the chief executive of ASX-listed Collaborate, the parent company of car subscription business Carly said there had been a jump in demand for the group's services, offered in Sydney and Melbourne.

"Definitely. Unlike most companies, the banking royal commission and tightening credit has been really positive for us,'' Mr Noone said. He said some people under 40 didn't like being bogged down with four-year car loans. "They know that being tied to debt and depreciating assets is a massive burden which gets in the way of their lifestyle,'' he said.

Millennials were used to changing their phone every two years or sooner. "Locking into car finance for four years and then realising that your car is no longer required or suitable after 12 months is a very expensive mistake,'' Mr Noone said.

He said online searches for car subscription services had grown 483 per cent since the start of the banking royal commission in December 2017.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING