Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

10 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ALK, ALKANE RESOURCES LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 08:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macdtrader's post @ Sep 9 2019, 02:27 PM

Grade is king
But dollars in the bank are what count (and impress the punters)

Cadia is the 3 billion tonne resource grading 0.36g/t gold and 0.26% copper being mined by Newcrest near Orange, with its gold production costs (after copper credits) coming in at a magical $US171/oz for the 912,000oz produced in FY2019.

And Alkane ... 0.48g/t gold and 0.2% copper over "hundreds of metres".

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 10 2019, 10:44 AM
  Quote Post

Well, I am out of ALK.
Having doubled since I bought in, even if it was more good luck than good management, it is too good a profit to pass up.
I was more interested in the Rare earths side of the business than its gold production, but what the heck.
It may go higher, but there is no point in being greedy.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

macdtrader
post Posted: Sep 9 2019, 02:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 9 2019, 01:17 PM

Potential big tonnage but tiny grades.
Grade is king.

nipper
post Posted: Sep 9 2019, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 9 2019, 09:44 AM

Alkane would be one of the few smaller resources plays with the sort of pockets to quickly step up its exploration efforts.

The company owns the small but profitable Tomingley gold mine, also in NSW, which generated Alkane’s $23m in net profit after tax last year. That cash flow out of Tomingley helped Alkane’s cash balance reach $80.3m at the end of June.

Alkane has a current market capitalisation of just under $200m.

& up some 20%

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 9 2019, 09:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 6 2019, 12:47 PM

“These drill results suggest a significant and exciting discovery in a region that has a history of delivering large, low-grade and long-life gold-copper mines.

The project area has already delivered some strong indications of a big porphyry system near surface at Kaiser and, along with the results from this diamond drill hole at Boda, we can see clear evidence of Cadia-style mineralisation and grade over hundreds of metres.

Alkane is immediately prioritizing follow up drilling, seeking to determine the scale of this highly encouraging discovery”.
- and a few more holes needed to figure it out

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 6 2019, 12:47 PM
  Quote Post

Trading Halt.... pending the release of significant exploration results.

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 30 2019, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

Been a long time, but I am now back in ALK.
The rare earths may get a boost big time from the spats over REM's between China and USA.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 25 2018, 03:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 17 2017, 01:42 PM

Quarterly Activities Report to 30 June 2018

Dubbo Project (DP)
 The update on the engineering, development and financials was released. Key points include that for circumstances where the Project is successfully funded and developed:
o The Project could generate A$4.7 billion free cash flow at the 20-year base case, with a forecast capital cost of A$1.3 billion base case build or A$808 million for the stage 1 build.
o The NPV / IRR is estimated to be between A$1,297 / 17.5% and A$909 / 16.1%, depending on whether capital is managed to build the Project as a single 1Mtpa plant or in two stages,
with both alternatives confirmed viable.

Tomingley Gold Operations (TGO)
 Excellent operational performance saw guidance for the full year met with 78,533 ounces of gold produced at an all in sustaining cost (AISC) of A$1,002 per ounce.
 Continued strong site operating cash flow for the quarter at A$16.0M(full year A$60.1M).
 Quarter Results
o Gold production was in line with forecast at 19,135 ounces.
o Site operating cash costs were A$754/ounce with AISC of A$1,017/ounce.
o Gold sales were 19,163 ounces for revenue of A$33.2M at an average price of A$1,735/ounce.
o 4,000 ounces of open forward contracts existed at 30 June 2018 at average forward price of A$1,750/ounce.
 Due to the completion of open cut mining, guidance for FY19 is production of 30,000 to 35,000 ounces of gold at an AISC of A$1,300 to A$1,400 per ounce. Included in this is budgeted
expenditure of $5M on rehabilitation for which provision in Alkane’s accounts has already been made.
 Planning for underground operations continues with appointment of a project manager to confirm the development economics and prepare a detailed execution plan for an investment
decision by December 2018. Corporate
 The Group’s cash and bullion position totalled A$80.0M, with A$72.0M in cash and bullion on hand at fair value of A$8.0M, an increase of A$11.0M from the previous quarter.

JULY 17 2018 - 1:00PM
Alkane Resources' exploration focus on prospects near Tomingley - https://www.dailyliberal.com.au/story/55306...k-up-the-slack/
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 17 2017, 01:42 PM
  Quote Post

Big drop today - down 10.77% currently @ 29c/share - volume 1.7mil. Not exactly sure why. Only news out today is the Board is being "refreshed" with Gavin Smith nominated

Mr Gavin Smith has been nominated for election as a non‐executive director of the Alkane Resources Ltd Group
("Group") at the forthcoming Annual General Meeting of shareholders.   
As discussed previously, the Company has been seeking to refresh the Board with the appointment of
additional independent members who will bring complementary skill sets and diversity to the Group's
leadership team.   
Mr Smith (B.Com., MBA, MAICD) has worked for the Bosch group, a leading global supplier of
technology and services, for the past 28 years in Australia and Germany and is the current Chair and
President of Robert Bosch Australia.  In this role he has led the restructuring and transformation of the
local Bosch subsidiary.  Concurrent with this role, he is a non executive director of the various Bosch
subsidiaries, joint ventures, and direct investment companies in Australia and New Zealand.  In addition,
Mr Smith is the Chair of the Internet of Things Alliance Australia (IoTAA), the peak body for organisations
with an interest in the IoT.    With these credentials, he is a natural fit to augment the Board as the
Company progresses its transformation into an alternative supplier of technology metals into the global
market.

Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 29 2017, 10:52 PM
  Quote Post

ZIA 2017: What will electric vehicles do for zircon demand?
By WILLIAM CLARKE
Published: Friday, 29 September 201

Attendees debate the effect of the rise of electric vehicles on demand for zirconia, which is used in brake pads.

Zircon producers are uneasily eyeing the rise in importance of electric vehicles, with uncertainty over how it will affect the use of the mineral in brake pads.

Speaking at the 2nd Annual Zircon Conference in Bologna, Roberto Dante, head of the friction team at Quartz s.r.l.s.u, told attendees that zirconia demand would hold up, despite the switch to electric vehicles, after a number of other attendees voiced concern.

Electric vehicles primarily rely on engine braking. But Dante noted that these vehicles will still need to be fitted with conventional brakes as a fall-back.

As a result, the effect of the electric vehicle boom on zirconia demand remains unclear.

The production of new vehicles will drive the need for brake pads, Dante said, but these brake pads will need to be changed much less often, as the electric motor takes up most of the braking duties.

Another key concern for demand is substitution. Will brake pad makers continue to use zirconia if other alternatives are available, given the recent sharp rise in prices?

Brake pad producers are wary, in particular, of the price volatility recently seen in zircon.

"It isn’t important if the price is high or low," Dante said. "What is important is if the price is stable"."

For example he noted that potassium titanate, a potential replacement, is more expensive than zirconia, but prices for that mineral are stable.

The boom in electric vehicles, which only looks set to increase, is already pushing prices for many industrial minerals higher.

Lithium and cobalt prices have already seen massive increases on the back of rising battery demand, as detailed in IM's Battery Price Report.

http://www.indmin.com/Article/3755308/ZIA-...con-demand.html
Attached Image

--------------------

10 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING