Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

ShareScene needs your help, to keep ShareScene free
early birds
post Posted: Aug 4 2017, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 3 2017, 01:34 PM

WTF!!! sadsmiley02.gif

just so frustrated and sad to see good poster like you walk away!!
wish you could drop in so often, to feed useful invo to the poor sols like me.
don't forget us nipper!! pleeease!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

triage
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 10:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 3 2017, 09:37 PM

Geez Arty I reckon I've read every one of your 3295 posts twice over and I still managed to spell your moniker wrong wacko.gif . Just shows how little I've retained. (Saddened to hear that you are crook.)

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

arty
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 09:37 PM
  Quote Post

You'll be missed, nipper
I enjoyed reading your informative posts.
Well past retirement age myself, I know how you feel. And if I could do what you apparently are still up to and planning, I'd be so far out back that even a satellite phone would have trouble to pick me up. Alas, the blue asbestos took my breath away early, which explains my posting frequency slowing down.

All the best and heaps of fun in, hopefully, best of health and enjoyable company.

Ciao 4 niao 2 u 2
Arty.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

triage
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 06:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: lgrif's post @ Aug 3 2017, 04:29 PM

Yeah nip, drop us a line every now and then. I suspect many of the ss crowd are retirees so you too can treat us like a bit of a hobby.

Mate, ever since artie quietened down I've seen you as the resident mainstay of this place imo. Bigly grateful to you. smile.gif

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

lgrif
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 04:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mrbear's post @ Aug 3 2017, 04:22 PM

Happy retirement nipper. Always appreciated your input & due to size of same figured you were retired.
If you disappear into the wide blue yonder you will be sorely missed.
When possible, keep those posts coming.

mrbear
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 04:22 PM
  Quote Post

You will never be so busy now that you have retired nipper.

I have been for 7 years and never any time to sit around between fishing ,travelling,grandkids,great life.

Mama bear and myself fly out to Iceland ,paris,scotland ,the Orkneys and a bit of rellie visiting tonight for 6 weeks ,hard to do that working fulltime,cheers mrbear biggrin.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  nipper  

opptimistic
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 03:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 3 2017, 02:53 PM

Thanks Nipper. You will be able to get your claws into something else now. Best Wishes in your retirement. You have been a great poster with great input.Opptimistic biggrin.gif

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

Only a newbie Sharescene poster myself, but have enjoyed your input - so many thanks.

Congrats on your impending retirement and enjoy it to the fullest.

I recently migrated to SS from HC, after advising them to close my account. HC is a stock forum where unfortunately cheerleaders thrive and contrarian points of view do not. Cheerleader groups (every thread has a tight knit ramp team) TOU posts they don't approve of en masse. Moderators, who do not understand the stock and/or subject matter, simply act on the number of TOU's they receive and remove the posts the cheerleaders do not like.

Many great contrarian posters, with subject knowledge/qualifications, etc, have moved away from HC as a result. I think you will find many more posters migrating from HC to SS - they can keep the rampers.

One HC contrarian poster, Clark Kent, wrote this many years ago - I think it was at the time of CVI being ramped to the moon and back.

If you fit this model, below, you'll be a top poster on HC, with a heart, in next to no time. smile.gif

The 25 stages of a Hotcopper Fantasy stock
-----------------------------------------------------------

1. Dormant explorer quietly acquires exploration tenement in an unheard of part of the world
2. Intention to drill the 'hottest' commodity of the day is announced to the market
3. Investors undertake a quick geography lesson. Tenement located on Google Earth
4. Messianic posters appear extolling the virtues of this 'sure-fire-thing'.
5. Posters cram on Wikipedia. Regional geology and drilling techniques knowledgeably discussed
6. On location photo of company official appears (in safari suit)
7. Frequent company announcements, such as capital raisings, are greeted enthusiastically
8. Optimistic valuations by wannabe geologists/economists abound
9. Each powerpoint presentation adds $1 billion to the market capitalisation
10. Share price climbs precipitously
11. Stockmarket novices delight in referring to options as "oppies" and ordinary shares as "heads"
12. Mountains of previously 'scarce' scrip hits the market
13. Director sales are pathetically rationalised
14. Share price drops precipitously
15. Wannabe experts declare "buy the panic, oversold value play" (as bad a sign as any)
16. Numerous conspiracy theories regarding capping, profiling and price manipulation emerge
17. Share price chart resembles a "House with pointy roof and chimney"
18. Shareholders reluctantly espouse Long-Term-Buy-and-Hold investment
19. The once prolific "Messiah" suffers writer's block, and no longer responds to posts
20. Company announcements dry up and become more vague
21. Lots of acrimonious exchanges ensue on Hotcopper
22. The "Messiah" and his band of faithfuls move camp
23. Seek.com and Metlink web-sites experience a sharp increase in traffic
24. The "Messiah" attributes his blunder to dishonest reporting by company management

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  arty  nipper  

alonso
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 02:39 PM
  Quote Post

Happy retirement nipper.

Work? You'll soon get over the pain of it.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

mme
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 02:16 PM
  Quote Post

All the best! Unfortunately I have succumbed somewhat to HC as this site appears sadly imo stale. As you say, it maybe better some went across there and whether or not I'm in that category, I find both sites helpful in wealth creation once you sort the good from the bad! You might find your interest will increase with retirement!! biggrin.gif

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING