Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

ShareScene needs your help, to keep ShareScene free
triage
post Posted: Yesterday, 09:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Yesterday, 08:30 PM

Yeah dunno the reason Mick. I reckon for a long time arty was the heart of this forum. In real life he must have been such a lovely bloke. Not only was he very prolific with his in-depth and knowledgeable posting, he also set the relatively gentle tone of the place. He was even flower's closest mate here and flower used to walk around picking fights with everyone.

The other factor I think is general fatigue. Nothing much has changed in the last decade. I would have thought the drought and the bushfires and the virus and the shut-down would have caused an upheaval but that doesn't seem to have happened. I remember back leading up to the GFC, the first sign of trouble was when HSBC closed some US funds in late 2006 maybe early 2007. Nothing happened for maybe six months but then the cracks started appearing, all hell broke loose and by March 2009 it was all over and the recovery had begun. This time around we have had nose-bleed debt levels for years, we've had Trumpy running amok for almost 4 years (whether in a good or bad way is irrelevant, but there is no doubt he has been attempting to upset the applecart), we've had China become increasingly assertive and still the status quo continues on. I know that you are attempting to change things up with your gold plays but I reckon most people have worked out a long while back how they want to sit things out until the change finally comes.

Kudos to you and nip and eb and a few others who are putting in the effort. If I thought I had anything of interest to add I would. But the fact is I don't.

PS Also, hc is great when you get a real expert or two regularly contributing about a stock. I was lucky there was one of them on Orocobre for several years although he has gone quiet of late. But for the most part there's an inverse relationship between the number of hc posts about a stock and how fundamentally solid the company behind the stock is. Almost all of the chatter is hot air.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

mullokintyre
post Posted: Yesterday, 08:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Yesterday, 07:52 PM

I missed lots of names, geez, i even miss Flower!
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

henrietta
post Posted: Yesterday, 07:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Yesterday, 11:45 AM

Hey Mick, how could you forget fforrestgump ?

Things are pretty quiet here, and I regularly check hc for a couple of companies, but honestly, the quality of most posts on hc is pretty close to zero. I suspect many investors have settled on fairly safe "blue-chips" for the most part, and there hasn't been any "boom" of note lately. Bitcoin is mildly interesting, trying to improve on bank interest rate is always a challenge, and of course covid has provided some excitement.

Your posts are valued and would be missed.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 06:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Yesterday, 05:59 PM

Or black hole

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

plastic
post Posted: Yesterday, 05:59 PM
  Quote Post

Radio silence.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Yesterday, 11:45 AM
  Quote Post

According to Sharescene's front page, there are over 77,000 registered members.
Apart from the 76,990 who only look at CUV, I wonder what the rest are doing.
There are fewer and fewer regular posters these days.
Apart from the demise of the artful Arty, there have been many who have dropped off the radar.
Somebody upset Blacksheep, a prolific and knowledgeable poster, Wren was another who got angry and left.
Wolverine, Veeone, Disco Stu, Barra, mistagear, mags, Wasabibarako, Hungry, balance , mr bear, mpl, alonso and many more who were regular and if nothing else entertaining posters have all gone missing in action.
One might have expected that these guys would have been replaced by other new knowledgeable and entertaining posters.
Sadly, it does not seem to be case.
There are days when apart from CUV, only 4 people have posted on the day.
So far today, this post will only be the second for the day.
Wonder if perhaps I should HC.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: Aug 4 2017, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 3 2017, 01:34 PM

WTF!!! sadsmiley02.gif

just so frustrated and sad to see good poster like you walk away!!
wish you could drop in so often, to feed useful invo to the poor sols like me.
don't forget us nipper!! pleeease!

triage
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 10:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 3 2017, 09:37 PM

Geez Arty I reckon I've read every one of your 3295 posts twice over and I still managed to spell your moniker wrong wacko.gif . Just shows how little I've retained. (Saddened to hear that you are crook.)

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

arty
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 09:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 3 2017, 01:34 PM

You'll be missed, nipper
I enjoyed reading your informative posts.
Well past retirement age myself, I know how you feel. And if I could do what you apparently are still up to and planning, I'd be so far out back that even a satellite phone would have trouble to pick me up. Alas, the blue asbestos took my breath away early, which explains my posting frequency slowing down.

All the best and heaps of fun in, hopefully, best of health and enjoyable company.

Ciao 4 niao 2 u 2
Arty.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

triage
post Posted: Aug 3 2017, 06:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: lgrif's post @ Aug 3 2017, 04:29 PM

Yeah nip, drop us a line every now and then. I suspect many of the ss crowd are retirees so you too can treat us like a bit of a hobby.

Mate, ever since artie quietened down I've seen you as the resident mainstay of this place imo. Bigly grateful to you. smile.gif

--------------------

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING