Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

266 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

TLS, TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED
early birds
post Posted: Jul 21 2021, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2021/07/20/dnr...elstra-why-now/

It has been a long, hard, two-decade slog for Telstra Corporation, a period filled with more losses than wins for the telco giant. So why is DNR Capital buying it now? Jamie Nicol, Manager of DNR’s High Conviction Fund and Portfolio, explains.

====================
it is from our onw sharecafe, hope you guys can take 2 or 3 minutes and listen to the video ........
really similar to what i thought......only different to me is that this guys is head of a big fundies, and i'm only a tiny shrimp!! weirdsmiley.gif

but TLS is worth a to investing ......

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

early birds
post Posted: Jul 19 2021, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

Telstra confirms interest in Digicel Pacific
William McInnes

Telstra has confirmed it is in discussions with Digicel Pacific regarding a potential acquisition in partnership with the Australian government following media reports the company was interested in the communications service provider.

The company said the discussions were incomplete and there was no certainty that a transaction would proceed.

Telstra said it was initially approached by the Australian government to provide technical advice in relation to Digicel Pacific ,which is a commercially attractive asset and critical to telecommunications in the region.

Fears are rising that Chinese interests may bid for Digicel, bringing the nation too close to our borders for comfort.

“If Telstra were to proceed with a transaction it would be with financial and strategic risk management support from the government,” the company said.

“In addition to a significant government funding and support package, any investment would also have to be within certain financial parameters with Telstra’s equity investment being the minor portion of the overall transaction.”

Digicel Pacific generated EBITDA of $US235 million in calendar 2020 with a strong margin, as well as extensive network coverage.

===========================
so the govnt. gonna support TLS on this and there might be more support on the the way?? tongue.gif

nipper
post Posted: Jul 1 2021, 12:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 1 2021, 09:34 AM

InfraCo Towers was just the first cab off the rank, with Mr Penn planning a similar process for its fixed line and data centre assets deep into next year.

Telstra International assets are also set to be monetised in the future.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 1 2021, 09:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 1 2021, 09:10 AM

The consortium has paid $2.8bill for a multiple of 28x EV/EBITDA, which is at the upper end of what similar businesses have sold for around the world, with the following aspects:
  • ... the multiple is impressive in that it is not leveraged
  • ... a minority stake, with Telstra keeping control
  • ... sold to local consortium, of Future Fund, the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation and Sunsuper ... so no FIRB considerations
  • .... a convergence of views for what are long term assets
Marko Bogoievski, chief executive of Morrison & Co, which stitched together the deal and will manage the investment on behalf of the consortium, says a key to making an offer that could successfully pre empt the auction was to come up with a structure that met Telstra's specific needs. A commitment to keep improving the tower network was particularly crucial.

He says a problem with similar transactions around the world has been strained relationships between the infrastructure owner and their major customer.
We are taking the exact opposite stance, Bogoievski says. The way to be successful is to make sure they are successful.
The consortium's focus, he says, will be making sure Telstra's service arm gets what it needs, particularly around access to existing towers and new towers as required.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Jul 1 2021, 09:10 AM
  Quote Post

There’s nothing like a capital return from an ageing industrial such as Telstra to get the fans emerging from the shadows.

And so it was on Wednesday when the telco snuck in the sale of 49% of its transmission and communications towers on the final day of its 2020-21 financial year.

The bottom line was a handy $2.8 billion from the sale with half of that paid to shareholders.

The sale was revealed late last year and firmed up earlier this year in the restructure of the company announced by CEO, Andy Penn.

The buyers are a group of local super funds – the Future Fund, Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation and Sunsuper (managed by Morrison & Co).

The deal values the business, which is the largest mobile infrastructure provider in the country with about 8,200 towers, at $5.9 billion.

Telstra shares closed up more than 4% at $3.76, the highest the shares have been since January, 2020.

Telstra says $75 million made from the sale will be spent on improving connections in regional Australia.

The deal is expected to be finalised by the end of September, with the capital returned to shareholders in the same period.

The telco is due to report its 2020-21 results in early August and shareholders will expect details and timing of the return, incouding its size and nature, to be revealed then.

“Today’s announcement is a further endorsement of the [T22] strategy as the establishment of our infrastructure assets as a separate business was designed to enable us to better realise the value of these assets, take advantage of potential monetisation opportunities and create additional value for shareholders and that is exactly what today’s announcement achieves,” CEO Andy Penn said in the statement.

Mr Penn confirmed the legal restructure of Telstra early this year, which included the split of InfraCo Towers from InfraCo Fixed. ServeCo houses product and services while a fourth division for the international arm is also being established.

Mr Penn said Telstra is retaining majority ownership and will continue to own parts of the network including radio access equipment and spectrum. The telco has entered a 15-year agreement with InfraCo Towers to secure ongoing access to existing and new infrastructure.

Dr Raphael Arndt, chief executive of the Future Fund, said in the statement the investment added to its local infrastructure portfolio.

“This investment further strengthens the Future Fund’s exposure to digital infrastructure and the long-term thematic of data growth,” Dr Arndt said in the statement.
===================

from our own sharecafe!! i would trial up stops to see how high it can go......

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

early birds
post Posted: Jun 30 2021, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jun 30 2021, 08:55 AM

nearly 4% up as i'm typing
main target is achieved !! around 3.75ish. but seems it will have further to the upside, tighten up the stops at 3.60, aim for the 4 bucks ish. [i know i'm greedy] ohmy.gif
that is how "run the profit" i guess!! tongue.gif

early birds
post Posted: Jun 30 2021, 08:55 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/companies/telecommunica...20210630-p585gf

Completion of the sale is expected in the first quarter of the 2022 financial year and the transaction will leave InfraCo Towers with no debt. Telstra will return about half of the sale proceeds – $1.4 billion – to shareholders.

Telstra will retain majority ownership of InfraCo Towers and control the active parts of the network like radio access equipment and spectrum assets.

The remainder of the proceeds will be used for debt reduction to ensure we maintain balance sheet strength and flexibility. This level of debt reduction is important to deliver a broadly neutral credit outcome given the long-term Tower access obligations created by the transaction,” he said.

==================

should we see a good pop up for it's share price today?? thought it is sensible way to release value of TLS.
of course , i'm biased , as i still hold chunk of TLS. ohmy.gif

nipper
post Posted: Jun 30 2021, 08:45 AM
  Quote Post

Telstra has announced a consortium comprising the Future Fund, Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation and Sunsuper will become a strategic partner in Telstra InfraCo Towers after agreeing to acquire a 49 per cent interest.

The Towers business is the largest mobile tower infrastructure provider in Australia with approximately 8,200 towers. The transaction values Telstra InfraCo Towers at $5.9 billion, representing an FY21 pro forma EV/EBITDAa multiple of 28x.

Telstra expects net cash proceeds after transaction costs of $2.8 billion at completion and the Towers entity will have no debt. Completion is expected in the first quarter of FY22. Telstra intends to return approximately 50 per cent of net proceeds to shareholders in FY22.

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Jun 23 2021, 10:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 23 2021, 09:38 AM

not vary sure of it nipper
it's just my opinion, and with basic market moves,
saw the SP prop up yesterday, i reckon people put some of the sale into TLS. KINDA p/o shift thingy with all those fundies!! tongue.gif

to see the price movement today , that will tell little bit ...

nipper
post Posted: Jun 23 2021, 09:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jun 23 2021, 08:58 AM

You can bet that both buyers will be telling us that Vocus is a great buy when they try to refloat it in a couple of years’ time.
... Do you think this will be the case? I am not sure about Macquarie, but Aware Super would be a long term holder, if data and connectivity trends keep heading up.

--------------------

266 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING