Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

JHC, JAPARA HEALTHCARE LIMITED
early birds
post Posted: Jun 7 2021, 10:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jun 7 2021, 10:47 AM

https://www.afr.com/companies/healthcare-an...20210607-p57yo7

The board of Japara Healthcare has opened its books to suitor Little Company of Mary Health Care Ltd, also known as Calvary Healthcare, taking a possible tie up one step closer.

This is higher than Calvarys initial approach of $1.04 per share made on April 30.

The Japara board has considered the revised indicative proposal and obtained advice from its financial and legal advisors, Japara said in a statement to the Australian Securities Exchang

The board has determined that it is appropriate to offer Calvary due diligence access, subject to agreeing appropriate conditions and confidentiality arrangements, so that Calvary can develop a binding
proposal that is capable of being recommended to shareholders.

---------------

easy to hold on to until it get's $1.20 plus......... tongue.gif

early birds
post Posted: Jun 7 2021, 10:47 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ May 12 2021, 11:03 AM

ann for JHC

calvery increased it's bid to $1.20 per share!! tongue.gif

early birds
post Posted: May 12 2021, 11:03 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 1 2021, 09:25 AM

hit over 1.06 this morning

seems my thoughts is on the card, the bid will be increased bit more.

also see EHE went up a lot [same sector but it is bigger, includes in asx200]

nipper
post Posted: May 1 2021, 09:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ May 1 2021, 04:43 AM

Japara Healthcare on Friday said it had received a $1.04-a-share offer from not-for-profit Calvary Health Care to acquire all the shares of the owner, operator and developer of aged care homes under a scheme of arrangement.

Japara was considering the bid in the context of what it said were "expected improvements in trading conditions", along with the federal budget on May 11 as well as the government's final regulatory response to the royal commission into aged care quality and safety also expected in May.

Calvary, as a not for profit operator, at least has material advantages over potential for profit rivals, such as not being subject to payroll tax. Japara had 6064 staff on December 31.
The outcome of any tussle for Japara is unclear, but it could lead to a split of the company's operations from its real estate.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: May 1 2021, 04:43 AM
  Quote Post

i hold this aged care stocks , has been hit real hard during the virus last year.

today it received unbinding bid....... indicate $1.04 per share. i reckon the bid could increase to 1.10---1.20. imho though, and i'm biased !

=============

i made it to the wrong code. . forgive me!! not many readers on this one anyway!! ohmy.gif

nipper
post Posted: Oct 5 2019, 04:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 5 2019, 03:30 PM

Yep, management by Actuarial Projections
....to ha[ve] enough cash to refund the estimated number of bonds due in any one year. Bonds are refunded when a resident leaves care or dies.

another Ponzi-esque set of circumstances, when/ if short-term liabilities overwhelm long-term tied up invested capital.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 5 2019, 03:30 PM
  Quote Post

Sobering read on the Aged Care sector - REG< EHE< JHC are all mentioned ->>> Aged-care sector at risk of collapse
extract
As it happens, all three listed providers have more current liabilities than they have assets, leaving a deficit on this measure of between $60 million and $135 million.

According to the Ansell Strategic report, “a number” of companies have had to offload some of their assets “in recent times” to ensure they had enough cash to refund the estimated number of bonds due in any one year. Bonds are refunded when a resident leaves care or dies.

The report levelled a sobering statement: “Without an improvement in sector performance in the very near future, the Government may face a much greater exposure than short-term funding relief.”

Essentially, the sector holds almost $30 billion in accommodation bonds. The three listed aged-care providers have a liability of more than $2 billion between them. No aged-care provider has enough assets to pay these debts back all at once if they go bust.

read more - https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/po.../15701976008867
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Mar 29 2016, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

Added by request - Japara Healthcare Ltd

Regards,

ShareScene Admin

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING