Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MP1, MEGAPORT LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jun 11 2021, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 22 2021, 04:25 PM

and above $16
Bevan Slattery took to corporate soapbox LinkedIn earlier [last] month to taunt a trader betting on share price falls for Slattery's latest sharemarket venture, Megaport. Slattery reckons the trader short sold 11 million shares only to watch the price rise. He also stated that over a single day recently, he fielded and rejected four calls from investment bankers and brokers asking if he might consider selling some shares, presumably, to help his short-selling enemies cover their positions.

and he might have won this round.... from $13 in the middle of May, there has been a rise nearly each day since

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 22 2021, 04:25 PM
  Quote Post

In 3Q FY21, Megaport saw continued growth in Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR), up 8% QoQ to $6.8M in March 2021. Total revenue for the quarter was $19.6M, up 5% compared to 2Q FY21.

In March 2021, Megaport achieved 2,117 customers, up 4% QoQ, 7,037 Ports, up 5% and total services of 29,056, up 4% QoQ, and 422 Megaport Cloud Routers, up 10% QoQ.

Outlook : Fiscal Year 2021 has highlighted the strong operating leverage in our business model and we remain on track to achieving EBITDA breakeven, on a run rate basis, by June 2021.

up nearly 10% to $12.84 and closed on day's high

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 1 2021, 05:36 PM
  Quote Post

Ally Selby (Livewire Markets): Next up we have Megaport and Nick; it has a $1.8 billion market cap. Is it a buy, hold or sell?

Nick Guidera (Eley Griffiths Group): Look, I think its a hold. Right at this juncture, valuations are still stretched, given you are seeing a rotation out of tech into cyclicals. I think for that stock, you have seen solid growth in ports and services, but you’re yet to see an acceleration post COVID19, and I think that’s what the market’s waiting to see to buy this stock.

Ally Selby: James, its share price is down about 16 per cent since the beginning of the year. Should people be buying the dip? Is it a buy, hold or sell?

James Dougherty (Lennox Capital Partners): It is a buy. Adding to what Nick said, I think they are in for a period of accelerated growth over the next few years, they have gone through a period of consolidation and investment, they have invested in R&D, and you seen a new product in SD-WAN (software defined networking in a wide area network) that opens up a new market for them. They have hired a Head of Revenue globally, and they also have cash on the balance sheet for acquisition. So all of those three factors, I think, means you are going to see an acceleration in growth.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 10 2021, 01:31 PM
  Quote Post

1HFY21 Financial Highlights
● The Company's revenue for the half-year period ended 31 December 2020 was $36.0M, an increase of $10.1M or 39% from the same period ended 31 December 2019.
● Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) for the month of December 2020 was $6.3M, an increase of $1.7M or 37% from December 2019.
● The business generated a profit after direct network costs of $18.2M for the half-year period ended 31 December 2020, an increase of $5.1M or 38% from the same period ended 31 December 2019 ($13.2M).
● Net loss for the half-year period ended 31 December 2020 was $38.4M.
● At 31 December 2020, the Company's cash position was $144.2M
As of the second quarter of Fiscal Year 2021, all three of our operating regions are EBITDA positive. This puts us on track to achieve our goal of Group EBITDA break even on a run rate basis within Fiscal Year 2021.

aare we there yet? Market seems satisfied with the numbers, up a buck or more; now $14+
Soon, we will launch Megaport Virtual Edge, having currently deployed MVE infrastructure to eleven metros globally. An additional ten metros will be enabled by the end of this fiscal year. Our industry first integration between Cisco and MVE to support Viptela SD-WAN services is well on track and customer field trials are underway. Additionally, our Technology Partner pipeline for MVE integration covers about 50% of SD-WAN market share globally. This positions us to greatly expand our addressable market and drive more uptake of Megaport services through channel programmes with leading technology companies while providing more choices to our customers in how they engineer their IT solutions...
gotta keep innovating to keep up. Very fast moving sector.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 11 2020, 03:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 14 2020, 03:02 PM

they seem to like this one. Now it is in the 200
Matthew Kidman (Livewire Markets): Okay. Let's jump into an area you know well. Data centres, the cloud, Megaport, appropriate name. Taking on the world in that area. Buy, hold or sell?

Gary Rollo (Montgomery): Megaport is a buy. Look, this company has an interesting proposition, not just here in Australia, but globally. And, as the name suggests, it is solving a problem that was not around yesterday. Corporate computing networks were designed for the old age. In the new world of cloud, you don't know what you've got to connect to and when. Megaport solves that problem, and it solves it in an elegant way. It has got a huge addressable market. And for us, that is one of the most interesting tech stories on the ASX and globally today.

Matthew Kidman: Megaport: mega by name, mega by price. Went up about 120 per cent since the [March] bottom. Chris, buy, hold or sell?

Chris Stott (1851 Capital): Sell. So, really good company, Matthew, but the valuation is incredibly stretched to us. 26 times revenue, yet to be positive in terms of from an EBITDA perspective. So, we think it has certainly had a strong run, as you mentioned, off the lows in March. So, sell.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 14 2020, 03:02 PM
  Quote Post

Livewire Markets :One company that's had a bit of a breather in its share price run is Megaport. Buy, hold, sell?

Tobias Yao (WAM) (Hold): Megaport is a hold for us. We really like the business long-term. It's a leader in its niche. It's about two to three times larger than the next competitor. It's exposed to cloud adoption and it's helping businesses connect to their cloud service providers. It's a hold for us purely because we're looking for a better entry point.

Livewire Markets: Okay. It's all about the cloud. Buy, hold, sell on Megaport?

Arden Jennings (Ausbil) (Buy): Yeah, it's a buy for us, Vishal. High conviction position within our smaller micro-cap funds. Megaport, as Tobias pointed out, is really exposed to the adoption of the cloud. And Megaport's providing network as a service, connecting up cloud technologies amongst various data centres globally. So if there's one chart that I could point our listeners to, it would be the customer cohort chart they produce annually in their results. And it demonstrates that the customers love Megaport's product and that's shown in the adoption of their services and also the monthly revenue that they're receiving per port. And it's backed by great management and Bevan Slattery as founder is still on the board and still a significant shareholder. So we see the pullback in the share price as definitely an opportunity. And I think this is one where you can let your winners run.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 17 2020, 02:19 PM
  Quote Post

Livewire Markets: Okay, Megaport, one of the new kids on the block in the Australian technology scene. Buy, hold, or sell?

Jun Bei Liu (Tribeca): It is a buy. I like Megaport because Megaport is probably the only cloud infrastructure company that you can find in this market. Yes, there is NEXTDC but NEXTDC is the future, essentially the future property trust. They build assets for companies to use and so that is more cloud-related and demand for that type of product is going through the roof and COVID certainly has speeded up that kind of adoption.

Now, Megaport is the future Telstra and it has innovated that space and it is global. It is the largest in its sector because it is the innovator and it has got enough runway for it to continue to expand global dominance. For me, it is one of the rare exposure to that space in the Australian market.

Livewire Markets: Okay. Eleanor, moving to the cloud, it has been one of the major trends in the structural shifts that we have seen accelerate through the past few months. Buy, hold, or sell on Megaport?

Eleanor Swanson (Firetrail): Jun Bei, I promise I'm not copying you but I am a buyer on Megaport as well. What the company does is they facilitate the transfer of data by virtual cloud connections and they have got an amazing first mover advantage in building out their network footprint. The company has currently got 600 data centres, that is double their nearest competitor, and they have also managed to double the number of data centres installed on their network over the last 12 months.

We expect the company to continue these phenomenal growth rates. And in addition they have got a new product pipeline which we expect to support valuation going forward, so it's a buy.
smile.gif

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jun 1 2020, 03:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jun 1 2020, 01:47 PM

I was planning to go fishing in my new Zegna suit, but you seem to imply they are mutually exclusive.

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 1 2020, 01:47 PM
  Quote Post

Congrats, so what are you going out to buy??
What about a new 4WD, fishing boat, or maybe a Zegna suit?
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Jun 1 2020, 01:27 PM
  Quote Post

Took part in the SPP; I committed the full $30k seeing the trading price was well above $9.50 offer. But, as with prior offers, scale back loomed. Ended with less than 25% or $6772.

Oh, well. Trading has held up and closing on $14 again so I can't complain

--------------------

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING