Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

38 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 35 36 37 38   

Reply to this topic

RBY, ROCKEBY BIOMED LIMITED
radd
post Posted: May 23 2005, 12:45 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: herger on Monday 23/05/05 10:16am

Hey Herger,

I like the story too, also I`ve been told that all is fine with company , just that

'as you mentioned' no money & not sure where the next lot money for the coffer`s is

going to come from ,and with specky bios not been flavour of the month and recent

investors being burnt big time I think RBY will find it hard to find a substantial investor

{although stranger things have happened} I agree it could be worth a punt for the brave

but I said that at 4c as well, but how much lower can it go?

Anyways as far as I`ve been told is a very motivated team of people involved with RBY

just not 'Share Market Street-Wise' if you Know what I mean , has been on the watch

list since 8c and I still don`t hold yet ,but I believe they have potential. PDYOR.

Cheers Radd. biggrin.gif

--------------------
All things are difficult before they are easy,Keep your mind focused on your goals and you will acheive them!

herger
post Posted: May 23 2005, 12:16 PM
  Quote Post

Delayed FDA approval has sent this stock plummeting on concerns it might not be able to raise enough funds to keep doors open.

However for the brave this could be a worthwhile punt. Their test looks okay from a layman's point of view with similar mechanisms (using an ELISA based technique with specific antibody reactions) to some of the profitably produced diagnostics on the market today. Potential market is huge, I read somewhere that 10 to 20 million women visit their doctors for Thrush each year. Assuming a 1 dollar profit margin and 25% uptake by GPs there's at least 2.5 to 5m profits already (?!).

They are also working on a saliva based test so women can self administer a test for Thrush - over the counter sales could end up well above 10 to 20 million a year, I think.

Richard Pratt's investment vehicle has taken up 7% of this company in a recent placement at 5c, as has QIC although QIC has sinced sold out at a substantial loss.

Thrush can often be misdiagnosed without lengthy tests at the doctors so I think there's a ready market for this product. I did read somewhere that women can just apply anti fungal cream (I've heard yoghurt works too) indiscriminately whether they think there's thrush there or not so there's a real argument against the product.

Faces huge risk going forward but looks like it's worth the rewards at a market cap of 3m

I'd be interested in hearing other's views on this, as I really have no idea on working out if a rapid self administered, saliva based thrush test will be readily accepted or rejected flat out by the women out there.

lmorgante
post Posted: Jun 9 2004, 01:06 PM
  Quote Post

any ideas on this one anybody

topic-starter
post Posted: Apr 28 2004, 02:58 PM
  Quote Post

ROCKEBY BIOMED LIMITED

38 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 35 36 37 38

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING