Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

29 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

LITHIUM, LITHIUM DISCUSSION
nipper
post Posted: Sep 15 2021, 01:20 PM
  Quote Post

Just after 7pm on Tuesday evening, Perth based lithium producer Pilbara Minerals announced it had conducted just its second ever auction on the Battery Material Exchange, a platform it launched in March to sell unallocated tonnes of spodumene concentrate from its Pilgangoora complex in the WA Pilbara region.

Pilbara's first auction via the BMX platform was impressive, fetching the equivalent of $US1420 a tonne at the industry benchmark for spodumene.

Given spodumene prices languished at $US400 a tonne in September 2020, .... the Tuesday night auction was something else entirely. Pilbara revealed in its short ASX announcement that it has sold 8000 tonnes of lithium for a staggering $US2240 a tonne. Convert that to benchmark price and the auction yielded the equivalent of $US2500 a tonne.

and PLS up 9%

https://www.afr.com/chanticleer/the-lithium-boom-just-went-to-another-level-20210915-p58rsz

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 11 2021, 08:11 PM
  Quote Post

Some Australian lithium miners could become a fixture of the local ASX major indices, with a favourable supply and demand equation propelling Pilbara Minerals and the soon to be merged Orocobre and Galaxy Resources into the top 100 stocks.

Physical demand for lithium and other battery materials such as nickel, copper and cobalt has been increasing, and miners are now charging up to three times as much as they were a year ago for their output. Pilbara Minerals, Galaxy Resources and Orocobre all hit record highs this week, and all three have more than doubled in value since the start of 2021.

... bids for its spodumene concentrate, which contains lithium, as high as $US1,250 for 10,000 dry tonnes. A year ago, it was fetching less than $US400 for the same product.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 8 2021, 09:50 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 8 2021, 09:04 AM

not MNS... I own lots of WES. and , ultimately, Li is not the only future, and not Li ion. Flow batteries, Hydrogen power, etc. Hold graphene shares as well.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Jul 8 2021, 09:04 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 7 2021, 12:47 PM

morning nipper

https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2021/07/07/mag...-battery-chain/

Magnis: An End-to-End Provider in the Lithium-Ion Battery Chain

Magnis Energy Technologies (ASX: MNS) aims to become a leading global producer of next-generation green credentialed Lithium-Ion Battery (LIB) cells, enabling the future energy requirements of the world, the global storage of renewable energy and electrification of transportation.

==============

from our own sharecafe.

what do you think nipper?? should we jump on the train or it is too late for us?? unsure.gif

nipper
post Posted: Jul 7 2021, 12:47 PM
  Quote Post

Fitch Solutions anticipates that tight supply will continue to drive up lithium prices, with lithium hydroxide monohydrate (56.5 per cent) forecast to reach $US17,500 ($22,593) per tonne by 2025.

The consultancy reports that demand will grow to 1.5 million tonnes of lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE) in 2030.

This is expected to lead to an influx of new lithium supply coming online to meet market appetite.

In 2020, decarbonisation rose to the forefront of government attention and has led major economies to prioritise lithium investment in an effort to strengthen their supply chain resilience for critical raw materials, Fitch Solutions states in a May report.

However, even with the 124 lithium operations identified by Fitch Solutions ... many of which are still in development ... supply is unlikely to meet demand.
Existing lithium producers such as Chile and Australia will also experience significant growth over our forecast period as companies seek to ramp up operations ahead of the anticipated demand surge...

This will help the production balance, but ultimately we expect the pace of new capacity to prove insufficient in meeting the pace of increasing demand, pushing the market into deficit.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 9 2021, 08:13 PM
  Quote Post

Lithium prices continue to push higher
Fastmarkets provides updates and commentary for recent lithium price movements. Its most recent update for the week ended Thursday 01 April highlighted:
... Lithium prices in China rise on active restocking while supply remains tight;
... Seaborne Asian lithium prices tick up on persisting tight availability;
... European and US prices post further gains on firm prices for technical-grade material.
It noted that lithium carbonate, 99.5% Li2CO3 min, battery grade, spot price range in China rose to 88,000 to 92,000 yuan (A$17,580 to A$18,380) per tonne on 1 April, up from 85,000 to 90,000 yuan (A$16,980 to A$17,980) the prior week.

Fastmarkets also said the supply for lithium carbonate was more challenging than lithium hydroxide. A consumer was quoted as saying:
In March, producers were not willing to make large sales because supply is quite tight; moving into April, they are increasingly less willing to sell because of the rapid rally of spodumene price.

A trader added:
The overall supply tightness is derived from the squeezed spodumene supply from Australia. Among all, supply tightness for lithium carbonate is most acute.

ASX lithium shares, including Galaxy Resources Ltd (ASX: GXY), Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) and Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE), have all managed to push higher into 2 to 3 month highs after being range-bound throughout February and March.

At the smaller end of town, explorers have been pushing out a stream of positive results, including:

Neometals Ltd (ASX: NMT) up 5% on preliminary metallurgical results.
Core Lithium Ltd (ASX: CXO) announced that it had achieved the production of battery-grade lithium hydroxide monohydrate on Tuesday, and its shares have surged 8.50% higher today
Jindalee Resources (ASX: JRL) jumped 35% higher today after a mineral resource estimate.
Piedmont Lithium Ltd (ASX: PLL) is 6% higher, with an announcement yesterday regarding a lithium resource estimate update

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 17 2021, 04:54 PM
  Quote Post

Wesfarmers Limited (ASX: WES) today announced the joint approval, together with Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile S.A. (SQM), of the final investment decision for the Mt Holland lithium project, and committed initial funding. Full funding will be committed upon receiving environmental approvals for the Kwinana refinery, which are anticipated in early FY2022.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 19 2021, 10:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 19 2021, 09:19 AM

make that EUR up 70%, LIT and VUL up 30%+, and LPD, WKT, INF, INR and JRL in double figures.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 19 2021, 09:19 AM
  Quote Post

Sector is hot. Five on watchlist up > 10% with LIT and EUR more than 30. LPD and JRL pushing ahead, VUL nearing $10, must be nearing exhaustion
(All the minnows)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 16 2021, 07:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jan 16 2021, 03:28 PM

and, I think you are being disrespectful to Mr Adams; he made his money in advertising. Much loved by the ABC, he was a man ahead of his time, predating Virtue Signalling by a generation.

--------------------

29 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING