Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

75 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

COVID-19, Pandemic
early birds
post Posted: Apr 13 2021, 09:09 PM
  Quote Post

future is diving as i posting

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/13/us-regulato...ing-issues.html

U.S. regulators reportedly call for pause in use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine due to clotting issues

==========================

well, big set back .......... weirdsmiley.gif

plastic
post Posted: Apr 13 2021, 09:29 AM
  Quote Post

Hopefully nipper and a few others here stood up to be counted and did the thing that leaders and real men do. I'll take my chances with the virus and make sure I respect the concept of personal space and wash my hands frequently. Because that's all that's needed.

The majority of people are over it in a week or less with existing medicines.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-13/john...ralia/100064454

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is based on similar technology to the AstraZeneca vaccine.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Apr 11 2021, 09:28 PM
  Quote Post

interesting point
Britain will next week become the first big country to reach 72 per cent herd immunity by vaccine and infection ... and with less than 10 blood clot deaths in the process, compared with 125,000 virus deaths. But even then the British government is not putting that at risk with any over-hasty exit from its social restrictions, showing what a long road it is out of this crisis.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

plastic
post Posted: Apr 9 2021, 02:06 PM
  Quote Post

For some strange reason I am yet to see an article which involves Roche or Novartis in anything Covid related.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Apr 9 2021, 03:45 AM
  Quote Post

Why there is something fishy about the holding back of the Novavax vaccine. No North Atlantic FTA yet either.

Multivalent Dirk Haussecker@RNAiAnalyst·7hCompare: $NVAX interim results end of January...EU approval maybe June. $CVAC pivotal study not even fully recruited...expects EU approval same time.

I think JNJ are using the adeno virus as well as AZ. Now they are having problems.

Which would you rather have, the disease of the cure?

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/mass-cov...ctions-reported

A mass vaccination site at Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Colorado was shut down after several adverse reactions to the Johnson & Johnson CCP virus vaccine, said Centura Health, which is managing the site.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Apr 8 2021, 01:30 PM
  Quote Post

Something unusual about this Novavax vaccine. Its supposed to be the most efficacious of them all but still has not received any approval for use. Yet people are dying on the AZ one and its still being pushed. Now Australia is going for it and Germany are in talks with Russia for theirs.

Can't tell me games aren't being played.
https://www.afr.com/policy/health-and-educa...20210407-p57h6a

Novavax firms as third vaccine for Australia</h1>
Jill MargoHealth editorApr 8, 2021 – 10.20amAustralia's regulator is assessing early data about the Novavax vaccine, which has a high chance of becoming the country's third vaccine against COVID-19.

--------------------

triage
post Posted: Apr 8 2021, 07:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Apr 8 2021, 05:50 AM

Shame there was no contingency planning for vaccine supplies here like there was put in place in countries like the UK and Canada. More and more it looks like it was the state governments that steered us through the COVID surges despite the worst efforts of the feds. The vaccine roll-out was where Morrison could have showed his competence but ... (as macrobusiness noted: "I don't hold the syringe, mate").

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

henrietta
post Posted: Apr 8 2021, 05:50 AM
  Quote Post

More doubts. No wonder Saint J in NZ is prevaricating. Pity about the plebs.

AstraZeneca vaccine ‘strongly associated’ with blood clots
The AstraZeneca vaccine is “strongly associated” with blood clots in the brain and mostly affects women aged under 60, an urgent investigation by the European Medicines Agency has found.

In Britain, both men and women aged under 30 will now be offered an alternative vaccine to AstraZeneca because of increasing evidence the vaccine is linked to deadly clots which have killed 19 Britons, three of whom were aged under 30.

The dramatic findings out of Europe that possibly link the vaccine to very rare cases of unusual blood clots with low blood platelets could now impact on the suitability of providing the AstraZeneca vaccine for younger women in Australia.

The findings will put pressure on the federal government to follow the UK lead and readjust its vaccination strategy. Australia currently offers the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine to frontline health care workers, quarantine staff and the elderly.

“So far, most of the (blood clot) cases reported have occurred in women under 60 years of age within two weeks of vaccination,” the EMA found in its investigation. Blood clots appear to affect women at a rate of more than three times than they affect men.

Dr Sabine Straus, the EMA safety committee chair, said the reporting rate of people developing brain clots, known as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST), or abdominal clotting called splanchnic vein thrombosis, was one or two per 100,000 doses of AstraZeneca.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

plastic
post Posted: Apr 5 2021, 02:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Apr 5 2021, 12:27 PM

Big word. I suggest a clot would be far more appropriate than triage in your case.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 5 2021, 01:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kahuna1's post @ Apr 5 2021, 01:05 PM

Data on Pfizer and Modern vaccine is actually damming if any journalist actually looked.
hold back those floodgates

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

75 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING