Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

NOX, NOXOPHARM LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Apr 6 2021, 09:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 8 2021, 09:33 AM

Compelling New Data Moves Noxopharm to Protect Major Veyonda Opportunity in Septic Shock Treatment

Highlights:

Noxopharm responds to compelling COVID-19 pre-clinical data by lodging an International PCT patent application
Patent intended to protect extended use of Veyonda beyond cancer into septic shock applications
Lack of effective treatments means that septic shock is responsible for an estimated 10 million deaths per annum, plus at least another 3 million deaths from COVID19
Pre-clinical data confirms actions of Veyonda widely considered fundamental to blocking the cytokine storm that leads to septic shock
Data produced by Australian academic collaborators independent of the Company
Analysis of NOXCOVID trial patient blood samples underway

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 8 2021, 09:33 AM
  Quote Post

NOXCOVID Trial Advances to Final Stage

Positive review of hospitalized COVID19 patients triggers approval to move from Part 1 to Part 2 of the trial
Top dose of 1800 mg Veyonda daily to be used in final patient cohort
Tests on blood cytokine levels in Part 1 patients underway

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 1 2020, 11:05 AM
  Quote Post

from April last year
Idronoxil Confirmed as New Immuno-Oncology Drug

• New class of immuno-oncology drug identified
  • Activator of NK cells and CD4+ immune cells
  • Potential to boost function of current immuno-oncology drugs.

SYDNEY, April 16, 2019: Noxopharm (ASX: NOX) releases data from the first series of pre-clinical studies confirming that idronoxil (IDX), the active ingredient in the Company's anti-cancer drug candidate, Veyonda®, activates the immune system. The studies confirm that IDX activates cells associated with both the innate and adaptive immune systems, increasing functional natural killer (NK) cells and CD4+ (T-helper) cell numbers. The studies involving human cell and animal test systems are part of a coordinated collaboration between the Company and a number of prominent universities and research institutes in Australia and overseas.

and today:
NOX has an announcement that their drug candidate idronoxil, being used in other investigations, has some potential in the Covid-19 pandemic, in that it may block the inflammatory progress of the cytokine storm/ cascade that is causing tissue damage and the need for progressively more intense hospitalisation, to ICUs.

This is a potential third path, they claim; other than
1.development of vaccine (month or years away)
2. block viral reproduction once infection gas occurred (hydroxychloroquine, etc)

Needs to be investigated, of course. NOX has put in provisional patents and looking for funding and clinical trials.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Dec 18 2019, 02:35 PM
  Quote Post

Boards of both Noxopharm Ltd (ASX:NOX) and Nyrada Inc are pleased to announce that commitments for the Maximum Subscription of $8,500,000 for the Nyrada Initial Public Offer (IPO) have been received.

The Company has been advised by the Lead Manager, Alto Capital, that the IPO Offer has been fully allocated and final reconciliation of funds are underway with formal closure of the Offer expected before Christmas. Nyrada can confirm that the Minimum Subscription of $7,000,000 has been received and is being held in trust.

Nyrada currently is in discussions with the ASX regarding confirmation of conditional approval requirements, however notes that further to recent ASX correspondence, conditional approval and an ASX listing of Nyrada is now expected in January 2020.

Nyrada is a U.S.-incorporated company established by Noxopharm in 2017 for the purpose of developing drugs across the three areas of cardiovascular, neurological and inflammatory diseases and disorders.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 18 2019, 08:40 AM
  Quote Post

The Claim: Potential for Fundamental Change in the Treatment of Brain Cancer
● Noxopharm commences a research program pursuing a novel approach to the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), the most common and aggressive form of brain cancer

● Based on recent international research showing key role of the brain chemical, glutamate, in driving aggressive growth of GBM

● Noxopharm owns what it believes to be world-leading technology in glutamate-inhibition

● Major opportunity to slow GBM growth and help preserve normal brain function

- “A key challenge will be to limit a glutamate-blocking effect just to the tumour. A drug that blocks glutamate function in the brain generally would be far too toxic. Our compounds appear to work specifically where there is glutamate over-dose and have been well tolerated in animals to date. This is what we believe gives us a major competitive edge in what seems likely to be a major new area of drug development.”

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 29 2019, 01:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 26 2019, 11:12 AM

interesting (singing from own hymn book) Announcement from NOX today:

Veyonda and Immuno-Oncology Effect Explained
After some 60 years of radiotherapy and 50 years of chemotherapy, mostly destructive treatments revolving around attempting to blast cancer cells out by damaging them, there is a new direction in cancer therapy.

That new direction is called immuno-oncology (i-o), and it is based on the simple rationale that if cancer represents a failure of the body’s immune system to recognise the presence of abnormal cells and to eradicate them, then that is the problem that we should be addressing, not going in the opposite direction and hitting the body with drugs and radiation that in fact serve to damage the immune system......
ending with: " Noxopharm sees Veyonda as bringing a unique perspective to the global search for more efficient immuno-oncology therapy. That global search is exemplified by Bristol-Myers Squibb decision in 2017 to pay US$1 billion for a STING technology that was only in the pre-clinical stage. Veyonda is in the clinic, with a known safety profile and a growing body of evidence to support its i-o effects in the clinic.

co-inciding with Cancer, and the science of a very human war
Writing as someone who has been the beneficiary of pioneering cancer treatment at “Peter Mac” for 14 years, I’m interested in .... the history of how the cutting-edge treatments now available became possible. How many people even noticed that, on October 1 last year, the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine was awarded to James P. Allison and Tasuku Honjo for breakthrough discoveries in stimulating the human immune system to attack cancer cells?

It took a century and the tenacity of a few pioneers to turn the human immune system against cancer. As recently as 2011, “most oncologists — most scientists — dismissed cancer immunology as a dead end, peopled by quacks and true believers” who confused hope with good science, Charles Graeber records in The Breakthrough: Immunotherapy and the Race to Cure Cancer (2019). But finally good science — exquisitely good science — yielded the breakthrough for which Allison and Honjo have just been recognised..............
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/inquirer/c...b2d9aa726a9083e

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Apr 26 2019, 11:12 AM
  Quote Post

• Veyonda clinical program continuing on plan
• CEP and DARRT programs to be expanded and expedited on basis of positive clinical data
• Pending release of DARRT-1 and LuPIN-1 interim clinical data
• Board changes ahead of planned growth and anticipated U.S. listing
• Continuing emphasis on value creation via expanded IP portfolio.
- and just hitting 50c. As the macd guys say, " rallying into a long-term downtrend" ....(my last post in late '17 was absolute peak lol)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Dec 14 2017, 08:46 AM
  Quote Post

$1.58 ....Woohoo.

But you'd have to think a speeding ticket is due?

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Dec 12 2017, 10:36 AM
  Quote Post

And well above $1.20

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 28 2017, 07:22 PM
  Quote Post

Pushed over a dollar today, before dropping back. A bit of argy-bargy going on, and assertions / clarifications as to which entity owns the intellectual property

--------------------

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING