Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2   

Reply to this topic

NEWBIE QUESTION, ABOUT POSTS ON THIS SITE
balance
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 04:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 13 2017, 11:15 AM

Hi blacksheep, welcome to the site and thanks for your contributions. Sharescene has been quiet for some time now. CUV is a very active board and good luck to them.

There's been plenty of very active boards over the years but traffic has dwindled, since the GFC iirc. It's a pity really as SS is a great format with some real quality posters.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 02:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Jul 13 2017, 02:15 PM

Here's an idea, if you don't like the thread, don't click on it

Who said I don't like the thread

I simply asked a question, as someone who hasn't posted here until recently, why this was the most, if only, stock sometimes discussed on this site.

There are plenty of threads I ignore and this will most likely be one of them

Doubt this thread will get much more traffic so you won't be missing much by ignoring, but be my guest

A couple of "helpful" posters have already taken the time to give me their thoughts, so not much more to add

Guess I'll think twice before asking another question - wouldn't want to upset you.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 02:15 PM
  Quote Post

Here's an idea, if you don't like the thread, don't click on it. CUV has kept Sharescene going when most members showed little

interest in posting. There are plenty of threads I ignore and this will most likely be one of them.

alonso
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 01:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 13 2017, 11:15 AM

I have noticed over the years that SS tends to focus more on resources, energy, tech & healthcare stocks and very little on industrials and what I'd call mainstream stocks.
Not that there's anything wrong with that but it probably accounts for the slower traffic.
I have a fairly large range of watchlist stocks on another site and, while they get run from time to time, there are always stocks that attract focus beyond comprehension eg HML, currenrly not trading.
SLA haa been a long discussed stock here as have a few other specs. CUV, not so long, seems to be some kind if in-game. Whatever turns you on.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 11:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 13 2017, 09:44 AM

Many thanks for your reply, arty smile.gif

I couldn't understand why people are so focused on one share, but that must be the answer.

This site needs some broader share discussion so as to attract additional traffic

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

arty
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 09:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 12 2017, 09:20 PM

That is not specifically a newbie question.
I have been a member for almost a decade, and I haven't found a logical explanation for the number of reads and posts on CUV and SLA. However, at one time I looked at the posts in those two threads, and I noticed the same contrubutors posting exclusively in the two threads and nowhere else. They also have a habit of acknowledging even the most trivial one-liner of their mates with a "Thanks", yet contribute nothing to any other topic.

There is one other stock forum where scores of one-liners attract "Likes" for even the most idle gossip. On that particular forum, SLA and CUV aren't discussed very much at all. These observations make it pretty clear to me that your second question is most likely the right answer. smile.gif

If nothing else, this kind of "discussion" adds considerable traffic to ShareScene's forum. And traffic keeps a forum alive.
For that reason: thank you, CUV and SLA addicts tongue.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 12 2017, 09:20 PM
  Quote Post

Can anyone answer me why CUV seems to be the most talked about stock on this site?

Has discussion on CUV been banned on other sites and that's the reason posters come here?

Just seems odd

--------------------

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING