Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

101 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 98 99 100 101   

Reply to this topic

How Can We Make ShareScene Better For You?
rotuma
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 07:36 PM
  Quote Post

Where's the navigator! mad.gif

--------------------
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has ever been taken from the Earth ..." Napoleon Hill

Guest_kismet_*
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 01:23 PM
  Quote Post

Although I've used a web-mail address, I think limiting registrations to one per person and insisting on a genuine non web-mail address is essential to the integrity of this forum (and it's members). There will always be some smarty that gets around this issue, but I believe it's a good start.
Should you so enact, I will have no problem in supplying my "paid for" e-mail address.

Another feature that I liked from the "old hotcopper" was 12hr page lengths for topics. Scrolling is much easier once a page is loaded, and loading times now with fast processor speeds and broadband are not the consideration it once was, however, even then it was still more acceptable than consistently loading many pages just to check back a few hours.
Updating of "new posts" could happen automatically on return to the "topics page".
whadayathink? rolleyes.gif

The_Muns
post Posted: Nov 23 2003, 08:38 PM
  Quote Post

Just tried finding your link on google, didn't find it or I'm blind :|

May be getting better exposure on the search engines might improve your user numbers.

ineedhits.com has a nice free search engine registery app and there are others out there. May be you've already done this, as I know it usually takes up to six weeks to become live.

--------------------
The_Muns

People who follow me are bigger fools than I.

influxweb
post Posted: Nov 22 2003, 11:45 PM
  Quote Post

Yep! Thats another good option. I'll talk it over with everone and get something happening real soon.

Thank you thank you
Andrew

rotuma
post Posted: Nov 22 2003, 11:32 PM
  Quote Post

Yes, I understand. It would take up some room on the home page ...

Perhaps to get around this, you could just include a new button next to "user settings" called say, "member stats" or something along those lines. Then you could include something like:

Forum Statistics
There are ...... Posts in ..... Topics in .... Forums
Last Post on .. / ... /2003 at .. : .. pm
Last Post by .....
There are ...... Forum Members
..... forum members joined today
The Newest Forum Member is ........
There are ... Active Users online, ... Guest(s) and ... Member(s)

I hope this helps! smile.gif

--------------------
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has ever been taken from the Earth ..." Napoleon Hill

influxweb
post Posted: Nov 22 2003, 06:55 AM
  Quote Post

Hi there Rotuma,

We actually took this off the front page to make things simpler and less confusing on the eyes for people.

But after your suggestion I think we will think seriously about putting it back!

Regards
Andrew

colaiscute
post Posted: Nov 21 2003, 11:21 PM
  Quote Post

i think they have some statics and charts.... there are some links on the front page. They are out of date but the will probably update them soon.

--------------------
colaiscute

rotuma
post Posted: Nov 21 2003, 10:28 PM
  Quote Post

One feature I like at another site I am a member of, are member statistics they post on their home page, which updates daily ... I think it would be of interest here, considering how young the asxboard is. I have pasted their format below:

Forum Statistics
There are 12595 Posts in 646 Topics in 5 Forum
Last Post on 21/November/2003 at 11:33
Last Post by Bobo
There are 8090 Forum Members
The Newest Forum Member is speedking
There are 2 Active Users, 0 Guest(s) and 2 Member(s) online

They have this in the bottom right corner of their home page. Probably the last 3 lines would be the most relevant, as it would be nice to see how quick we are growing day by day ... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

ADMIN1
post Posted: Nov 21 2003, 08:33 AM
  Quote Post

we are thinking of things like live chat, instant messaging groups, email groups, investment education articles, book reviews, and of course the popularisation of the VIP room over the next weeks.

who else has some fresh ideas that they have always wanted in a forum?

We are here to serve. Let us know how we can help. smile.gif

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

101 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 98 99 100 101

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING