Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLX, SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED
seawindpilot
post Posted: Feb 25 2009, 07:22 AM
  Quote Post

This is an extract from a report that i monitor. If the example given is correct and translated to other states this is going to create a stampede for solar cells. Come on Translucent we want action NOW. I fear that we will not see anything more than an update on solar in the half year report due out probably tomorrow or certainly within the next couple of weeks. It would seem logical that when they announce solar it will be a headline event in its self and not associated with a statutory report.
Stimulus Guarantees Solar Winners

It may not be the pure free market economics we're used to, but desperate times...

The government has clearly selected the industries it feels need the most attention and can provide the most benefit to be winners in this plan. By leveraging what is now law—a guaranteed market—you can walk away with certain profits.

Now that the language of the bill is clear, I've been able to figure out not only which sectors will benefit, but exactly which companies are about to get a distinct business advantage.

Solar, thanks to strong lobbying efforts, is in a particularly sweet spot.

Investors are now able to take a 30% federal refund on the value of a new installation before deducting any state incentives. So a theoretical $100.00 dollar solar system in North Carolina (35% state credit) now only costs the investor $35.00—because both federal and state incentives are now calculated from the full price. Best part is, those federal incentives have no cap and the project need only be finished by 2017 to qualify.

This incentive alone will rapidly increase solar demand as homeowners and investors alike rush to get discounts on solar installations on the taxpayers' dime. But there are many more solar provisions in the stimulus that will only magnify the gains that can be taken on solar stocks.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: bud  

gulf
post Posted: Feb 24 2009, 06:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Feb 23 2009, 09:06 PM

Hi moosey
the funding thing sounds down the track a bit but i am sure SLX know their way around these deals - we should know a bit (lot !)more this week with the six months figures and update.

kiaora
post Posted: Feb 23 2009, 11:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Sinner's post @ Feb 23 2009, 10:59 PM

hi sinner
your got me scratching my head there.its just that when fibrebyte 70% or 90% owned by slx both aust coy it was fibrebyte who applied for the grants off the aust gov,but when translucent applied for grants for their other projects it was to the american gov
cheers steve

Sinner
post Posted: Feb 23 2009, 10:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kiaora's post @ Feb 23 2009, 09:55 PM

Hi Steve,
So on the flip side of that argument, do you feel that a company domiciled in Oz but 83% owned by an American company would be eligible?
Cheers!

kiaora
post Posted: Feb 23 2009, 09:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Feb 23 2009, 09:06 PM

hi
because the solar is from translucent and not a fully subsidiary of slx and is in america,i doubt they will get any money off the institute.
cheers steve.

moosey
post Posted: Feb 23 2009, 09:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gulf's post @ Feb 23 2009, 06:45 PM

You are probably right gulf, but I was thinking more obout them helping to implement these new system coming og perhaps by way of a subsidy and even allowing reverse supply to the grid perhaps?

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

gulf
post Posted: Feb 23 2009, 06:45 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Feb 23 2009, 03:56 PM

I was hopeing we were past this stage and in production !!!!

moosey
post Posted: Feb 23 2009, 03:56 PM
  Quote Post

I hope SLX get a slice of this?

Australian Solar Institute
Advancing Australia's research and development capabilities in solar energy technology
The Energy Innovation Fund, which supports research and development in clean energy technologies, is providing $100 million for the establishment of the Australian Solar Institute.

Key objectives of the Australian Solar Institute include:

• advancing and accelerating innovation in solar thermal and solar photovoltaic technologies in Australia
  • driving research that will have a major impact on the efficiency and cost effectiveness of solar technologies
  • increasing the competitiveness of solar technologies
  • retaining local and attracting international expertise in solar energy research to Australia
  • establishing Australia as a key player in the development of solar energy technologies in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Australian Solar Institute was officially launched at its Newcastle headquarters on 15 January 2009 by the Hon Martin Ferguson AM MP, Minister for Resources and Energy.

A fact sheet [PDF, 55KB] has been developed to provide greater detail on the Australian Solar Institute and its planned operations.

The majority of the Institute's research funding will be allocated through a competitive grants program. A smaller proportion of research funding will be provided to core Institute projects and activities. The Institute's competitive grants program will be designed to encourage any Australian researcher in solar photovoltaic and concentrating solar thermal technologies to apply for funding. This includes researchers from the public and private sectors.

Guidelines for the competitive grants program will be developed over the coming months, with the allocation of these grants occurring through an open, competitive and transparent process.

An Establishment Committee and an Interim Executive Director have been appointed to begin work immediately on bringing the Institute into operation. The Committee and Interim Executive Director are developing the Institute based on consultations with stakeholders and the directions set out in a scoping paper [PDF, 110KB]. The scoping paper, released in late 2008, was prepared by the Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism following consultation with stakeholders.

A governing board and permanent Executive Director will later be appointed to allow the Institute to commence full operations by July 2009.
Further information on the Institute will be made available later in 2009. An Australian Solar Institute website is currently under development. Once the website is launched, a link will be provided on this webpage.

Any queries or comments relating to the Institute should be forwarded to:

Denis Smedley
Manager
Solar and Clean Energy Innovation
Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism
P: 02 6213 6401
E: Denis.Smedley@ret.gov.au

<H3 class="ms-standardheader ms-WPTitle">Legislation</H3>Atomic Energy Act 1953.aspx Australian Energy Market Act 2004.aspx Energy Efficiency Opportunities Act 2006.aspx Primary Industries and Energy Research and Development Act 1989.aspx <H3 class="ms-standardheader ms-WPTitle">Ministerial Councils</H3>Ministerial Council on Energy.aspx <H3 class="ms-standardheader ms-WPTitle">Publications</H3>The 2007 Sydney APEC Leaders’ Declaration on Climate Change, Energy Security and Clean Development.aspx The 2007 Darwin APEC Energy Ministers' Declaration.aspx National Hydrogen Study 2003.aspx Energy Savings.aspx Australian Hydrogen Activity Report.aspx <H3 class="ms-standardheader ms-WPTitle">Related Pages</H3>Tourism and Climate Change <div></div>Tourism and Climate Change <div></div><H3 class="ms-standardheader ms-WPTitle">Related Websites</H3>Energy Smart Toolbox (DEUS\SEDO, Govt. of NSW and WA)National Framework for Energy Efficiency (NFEE)Ministerial Council on Energy - Energy Efficiency Working Group“Greenhouse: What is the fuss all about?” (Department of Energy, Utilities and Sustainability, NSW, Australia)Energy Management Toolkit – Module 5 (Sustainability Victoria) Home Site Map Privacy Copyright Disclaimer

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Clocker  

Clocker
post Posted: Feb 17 2009, 03:12 PM
  Quote Post

Is the big parcel at $4.20 someone who knows something we don't know?

--------------------
Cheers

The Clocker

Win some, lose some. Such is life.

Sinner
post Posted: Feb 16 2009, 02:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kingsleadhat's post @ Feb 16 2009, 11:10 AM

Agreed, maths is odd-hence highlighting it. I do not think it is the average of their overall holding as their initial holding was, from memory, >$8 for the first 5%. So to get get to an average of $4.76 for their now7% holding, if indeed that is the case, would require a lot of "sell high, buy low" churning. It would explain a few things if it was the case, though...
Good to see green again today.

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING