Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

121 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 118 119 120 121   

Reply to this topic

Gold, Gold Companies worth buying
Danville
post Posted: Nov 11 2006, 10:50 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (Keith49 @ Saturday 11/11/06 10:37am)

Keith, have you thought about just buying spot gold with a CFD company like CMC? The margin requirement is only 1%, and the contract sizes start from 8,197 (current gold price x10.) That makes your margin requirement $82.00 That's aussie dollars, but you can also trade it in US dollars.

I love the junior speckkies, but there you have to put 100% cash down to trade and are subject to the ups and downs of drilling results.

I like the CFDs because they are a pure gold play. But you have to remember that both the upside and the downside are significantly increased.

melanie
post Posted: Nov 11 2006, 08:54 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Keith49 on Saturday 11/11/06 12:37pm

I bought into Cougar Metals (CGM) recently. They have the Alta Floresta project in Brazil, where a drilling program was begun earlier this year. The first three targets yielded high grade results. With proceeds from options (Dec 06), they will be able to fund drilling and exploration in the coming year in Brazil, of up to $6m. CGM have also flagged that they plan to divest their WA nickel assets, and the Cue Gold Field asset. In the past year the Company has demonstrated its commitment to a long-term stay in Brazil by setting up local infrastructure, and importng their own two drilling rigs. They have a third rig on hire. The alluvial gold was previously mined by local artisinal miners, and their targets are the veins below these historic workings, as well as new exploration targets identified in their recent radiometric survey. I realise there are issues such as sovereign risk, and environmental issues, but have bought as a "speculative" buy. Some initial assay results are yet to be released. I liked Randal Swick's own jump-out-of-the-skin enthusiasm for the project. Here is a link:

http://www.minebox.com/story.asp?articleId=7511

I recall when AVO was 11c in '04 - that was a multi-bagger!

Disclaimer: Mel's stockpick is not intended as a recommendation to anyone, but this post is for research info. only.

Keith49
post Posted: Nov 11 2006, 12:37 PM
  Quote Post

I have been studying gold for a long time and in my view I believe we are sitting on a great opportunity to make money - a little like a few years ago in the Perth real estate market. I could be wrong but I think this time next year the gold price will be considerably higher. Many reasons including US Dollar , US economics , China's desire for gold - as well as India , generally world political problems and more.
But that aside can we please have some form of discussion on the best leverages. I am sure there are others out there that have opinions from steady growth to 10 baggers.
I am currently considering out of favour stocks such as BDG , and IGR - both have had large drops recently - perhaps more than they deserve. There are also takeover opportunities such as AVO and DOM.
So lets hear others opinion
Lets make some money out of what I consider a golden opportunity that does not come arround too often.

121 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 118 119 120 121

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING