Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLX, SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED
jkconnor
post Posted: Jun 19 2006, 03:15 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: King Baz on Monday 19/06/06 04:02pm

Goodness!!!! Took the baby out for a walk and look what happens! As they say a watched pot never boils.

--------------------
JK

King Baz
post Posted: Jun 19 2006, 03:02 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: jkconnor on Monday 19/06/06 12:41pm

jk the 'steadiness' has accelerated since your last post wink.gif

--------------------

Regards,

KB

LIFE IS FRAGILE and as investors we have disproportionately significant moral obligations.

I encourage people to watch the DVD titled 'The Corporation' to fully understand the exploitative nature intrinsic to corporations. Then, immediately after to watch the 'Inconvenient Truth' to put it in context.

jkconnor
post Posted: Jun 19 2006, 12:41 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rene in geneva on Monday 19/06/06 10:37am

There is a very "steady" buyer in the market today. There all the time on the bid. Will be interesting to see where the stock closes.

--------------------
JK

rene in geneva
post Posted: Jun 19 2006, 09:37 AM
  Quote Post

Good article in The Age today. Not mentioning the Silex name, but just more comment on the nuclear issue and the perpetual 12% income stream for making nuclear fuel cheaper.

Nuclear Power debate

--------------------
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate

k9_
post Posted: Jun 17 2006, 02:56 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: kahuna1 on Saturday 17/06/06 12:19am

Agree with you 100% on the sp kahuna - nice to see it heading up again and I hope you are right with respect to the insto support.

Looking forward to ratification of the GE deal by the US government, hopefully sp will head to $5 and beyond on the back of that news.

kahuna1
post Posted: Jun 17 2006, 12:19 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: k9_ on Friday 16/06/06 09:42pm

No Worries K9,

My own apologies I think are called for.

Sorry but I dont understand your point of view at all.

It must be me.

Doesn't matter. Please dont try and explain.

Opinions vary ....

Share price says it all.

Frenzied buying on the close by institutions ... not small players and the bid that would not go away from three different brokers for the last 2 days. Didn't matter one little bit buying a fresh high on the close.

All the best

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

ditch
post Posted: Jun 16 2006, 10:26 PM
  Quote Post

What are u all on about, Silex technology is now with GE, unless they drop the ball.
Australia will again pay the price high for being the democracy that it is. If this does'nt make sense i've just had a big drink which is probably the result of being a slx shareholder.
ditch

k9_
post Posted: Jun 16 2006, 09:42 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: kahuna1 on Friday 16/06/06 12:39am

Sorry if I have offended you kahuna, it was never my intension - live and let live is my motto.

It's ok to regulate the banks and Telstra?? Energy supply is the most fundamental of all our utilities and is probably the single biggest issue facing the world today. That said governments around the world are moving to less regulation and "smaller government", however I just can't help but think that slx gives Australia more influence in the nuclear debate (and therefore the energy debate - especially if you consider the solar possibilities now) and what government would want to back away from that kind of power (no pun intended).

You ask for an example of government intervention, and that is a fair question - how about the no new uranium mines policy? As far as slx goes you can't get much closer to home than that.

I hope to hear from you again kahuna, you make some good points indeed.

Cheers,
K9.

kahuna1
post Posted: Jun 16 2006, 12:39 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (silex @ Thursday 15/06/06 11:17pm)

Apologies,

Find the whole suggestion a little hard to follow.

Qantas is the national carrier I was refering to ....

Either way silex will do what it will do.

Oh the future fund ... I beleive I was the person who suggested it.

I understand the suggestion was passed on to the company at the highest levels ... interesting what the reply and action was ...... just sad. Which makes K9's call a little hard for me to take since I was the person pushing this way and ... well the result is we now have a deal with GE and no interest shown whatsover by the govt or futue fund.

Opinions vary ... have enjoyed watching the bid size last couple or days.

Good luck

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

King Baz
post Posted: Jun 15 2006, 11:22 PM
  Quote Post

nothing wrong with differing views.

l too considered GE takinng over SLX as a natural progression . . . but surely ANSTO, successive governments supporting SHL/SLX . .. didn't pursue U-enrichment just to sell if to the yanks for a $1B!

There is obviously a strategic interest if Australia hopes to valu-add uranium . . . perhaps the future fund will take a stake (somebosy else raised this idea).

Johny, Condy, Clinton, Bush have gone to considerable effort . . . economically makes sense for GE, but would not be good for Aus hence the national interest argument.

--------------------

Regards,

KB

LIFE IS FRAGILE and as investors we have disproportionately significant moral obligations.

I encourage people to watch the DVD titled 'The Corporation' to fully understand the exploitative nature intrinsic to corporations. Then, immediately after to watch the 'Inconvenient Truth' to put it in context.

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING