Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

34 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RBC, RUBICON LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Jun 24 2019, 11:15 AM
  Quote Post

The top five holders own 75% of the company. The top twenty own 85%.
Yet Junior says he wants to remain listed. I guess its for the liquidity factor.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/compani...A578B9271565D18

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Jun 24 2019, 09:38 AM
  Quote Post

Audited results due this week. Can't imagine Junior traveling from NYC just to sign off on that.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jun 22 2019, 02:09 PM
  Quote Post

So not only did Hughie decide to chuck in the towel last week, but Junior was back in town according to the NBR. Must've been some hook to get him here because NYC is so far away and coming to NZ is such a chore.

Apparently, there's a new Arborgen in town. The old one left yesterday. Performance is now the name of the game minus the hubris.

Still no reveal on strategy except they want RBC to stay listed because he doesn't want to carry on owning 28% of it. Sounds like a migration to the US is in store or a new cornerstone stake holder. Maybe both.

All very secret squirrel stuff but hopefully its all over in the next little while. I still can't see how Shane Jones is going to be delighted paying out to Lukie Luke's drinking buds and an American based company founded on NZ science for his billion tree plan.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jun 18 2019, 08:01 AM
  Quote Post

What were the director holdings released for? Just standard procedure probably. But they didn't do it last year. Something more ominous on the horizon that prompted Lukie Luke and Sidekick to convert their options I suspect.
Audited results need to be out within two weeks. Hopefully it will make interesting reading.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jun 14 2019, 11:17 AM
  Quote Post

I'm sure a great portion of the reasons for quitting is that he doesn't want to face the odium or smell the stench of those unwashed shareholders again at the AGM. It's certainly not because he's ashamed of himself though he should be, because he's shameless in that regard.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jun 14 2019, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

This doesn't sound reassuring for all the punters looking for a piece of Arborgen. Can't say I understand it fully.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/113450639/re...rriage-collapse

established rules that said a shareholder had no legal interest in the assets of a company in which he or she held shares.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jun 13 2019, 07:37 PM
  Quote Post

So the curtains are coming down on the Hughie and Luke Show once and for all. This time its Hughie's turn to say he intends to retire and looking at the final paragraph of that statement it seems to me they won't be able to find that legally required NZ director. Which, in that case, RBC will be wound up with a distribution of some sort to existing shareholders. Perhaps the final Tenon payment and/or Arborgen paper ahead of an IPO. Capstone style if we take a positive view. MBO style if past performance is anything to go by. Which means pennies in the pound for shareholders.

I hope this is the last anyone sees of this man in our public markets. I don't believe there is anything he has done in all his time he has been active on the NZ commercial scene that created a return for anyone except his insider cronies. We need look no further than RBC for proof of that.

Hugh Fletcher is currently one of the two existing directors ordinarily resident in New Zealand, and he is also an independent director. The Company is currently searching for a new director to fulfil these on-going requirements prior to Hugh's retirement.

From today's announcement.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jun 12 2019, 01:13 PM
  Quote Post

Could be Lukie Luke has the inside oil.

Trump Says He Is "Holding Up Trade Deal" With China, Putting Xi In A Tough Spot

https://www.zerohedge.com/

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jun 10 2019, 09:25 AM
  Quote Post

Certainly getting some attention these days. Liquidity totally different from the no trade for weeks times.
Lukie Luke knows something for him to convert his option early.

Suspect the financial year will pass very quietly. But watch out the week after.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: May 31 2019, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

Why would Lukie Luke and Sidekick have to give to market notice of their new holdings, which are less than fiver percent, when they are no longer in the company's employee? Not like these guys to suddenly get a conscience and become transparent. Remember the Limited Partnership and recent AGM's. I suspect they are preparing in advance to deflect any criticism or allegation of impropriety.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-s...5377/300989.pdf

--------------------

34 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING