Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

19 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

PEB, PACIFIC EDGE BIOTECHNOLOGY LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Feb 27 2015, 05:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Hancocks's post @ Feb 25 2015, 07:49 PM

From that we assume you know what the FMA are doing and not doing and that the rapid share price escalation in 2013/14 had nothing to do with dodgy brokers and fund managers.

Well, tomorrow a regular columnist in the Herald will get to tell his side of the story and spill the beans. Anything less will only fuel the fire.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

Hancocks
post Posted: Feb 25 2015, 07:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Feb 25 2015, 05:44 PM

REALLY? I MEAN REALLY, ARE YOU SERIOUS? - HAS YOUR CARE GIVER LEFT THE ROOM?

plastic
post Posted: Feb 25 2015, 05:44 PM
  Quote Post

Don't tell me this is PEB, ForBar and other dodgy dealer. Somehow, I just wouldn't be surprised if it was.

A probe into alleged illegal share trading at high profile fund manager Milford has increased in scope to embrace two major stockbroking firms, sources say.

It is understood that investigators from the Financial Markets Authority demanded further records from Milford Asset Management and the brokers about 10 days ago.

The records are said to include emails and text messages.

Milford, manager of about $3 billion on behalf of KiwiSaver investors, the Super Fund and other institutions, outed itself as the subject of an FMA probe on February 9 after a crescendo of speculation in the market.

"The investigation concerns an individual trader employed by the firm and certain specific trades," it said.

The FMA has declined to comment on the investigation or its scope, but the stock exchange has confirmed it involves allegations of market manipulation.

The allegations have serious implications for a fund manager, including the potential for fund performance to be artificially boosted in order to garner performance fees and attract funds.

Milford has won numerous awards for its fund performance, including equities fund manager of the year five years in a row.

Market sources have said they understood the investigation had begun around August last year and initially involved a relatively small number of trades.

However, the investigation is believed to have extended to cover trading going back to December 2013, requiring analysis of a large quantity of trading data.

If evidence is discovered indicating share prices may have been manipulated, the FMA will want to find out how much brokers knew of the activity, sources say.

"This is a massive game of high stakes poker," said one.

Fund managers may use several broking firms to buy and sell shares for their portfolios.

Sources say Milford made particular use of two broking firms and also used a system known as Direct Market Access to place trading orders straight into the market.

There is nothing untoward about that arrangement, although it may make the investigation more complex.

Milford Asset Management has been approached for comment.

--------------------

Hancocks
post Posted: May 15 2014, 07:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ May 15 2014, 04:33 PM

Possibly, but probably not. There are definitely going to be some great drugs and therapies on the market in the coming years, and with nano technology etc. it will be quite amazing what the drug manufacturers could come up with.

plastic
post Posted: May 15 2014, 04:33 PM
  Quote Post

And we are supposed to believe that PEB are going to go it alone to become a world super power in diagnostics. I am sure, if the drug works the first thing they will want is the tool that sells it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-14/r...r-patients.html

--------------------

Hancocks
post Posted: Feb 3 2014, 01:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Dec 28 2013, 09:40 AM

Hi Plastic, that’s a bit of an erratic post there, you have had nothing good to say about PEB ever. Pacific Edge Limited is a very exciting company that has amazing product(s); and, has some awesome governance and brilliant staff who will take this to market and I’m lucky to be one of the investors that will enjoy the ride.

plastic
post Posted: Dec 28 2013, 09:40 AM
  Quote Post

PEB doing their seasonal self promotion again. I flipped through this thread the other day. Noticed they were throwing the $100m figure about over five years ago. Then it was profit. Now its turnover. What about net profit? Or even a heads up on costs, royalties, commissions to be paid to the global sales force that will generate the $100m turnover but doesn't exist yet. Where will that materialize from?

Roche are the titans of this space. Are they just going to let their business decay and be cannibalized by PEB and others like them? And they aren't even American. What will the yanks do? Lay a law suit in the first instance is my guess unless PEB have some kind of immunity they haven't let on about. ie undisclosed pharma partner with a ready to go sales force.

I remember the rapacious rights issues and placements these guys did and I have noconfidence in them. A knock with a peening hammer against this latest advert sounds too hollow for my liking. But I'm sure the likes of ForBar will be able to fill it full of water to get the weight up so one of their Sails suckers can get done over again.

--------------------

Guest_Hancocks_*
post Posted: May 4 2013, 10:07 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ May 4 2013, 10:01 AM

Fair call, some investors have unrealistic expectations; it’s a very risky stock, but I personally consider it a good one for me to own.

plastic
post Posted: May 4 2013, 10:01 AM
  Quote Post

Not at all. I am saying those that are expecting high growth past current prices due to sales forecasts provided by PEB should think again.

--------------------

Guest_Hancocks_*
post Posted: May 4 2013, 09:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ May 4 2013, 09:22 AM

Plastic, I'm assuming (based on your previous posts) that you see the share price trailing away to about 8 cents over the next few years, and that is the intent of your post.

19 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING