Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

94 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

KIM, KIMBERLEY DIAMOND COMPANY NL
Jay
post Posted: Jul 19 2007, 09:50 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ozybuddy on Wednesday 18/07/07 10:57am

get out of jail free guys. 70c bid from Gem Diamonds. Directors have accepted.

--------------------
I hold EXS, CRC, JRL, BLK, ANZ, NAB, WBC, ERA, TAP, RXM and written XJO Puts

ozybuddy
post Posted: Jul 18 2007, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

how things can change. I wonder if GEM will try a takeover. Looks like it may. On the London Stock Exchange AIM where they do not have trading halts up 30% today. Code KDC. I must say being they do not have trading halts it creates a trading opportunity to buy on preliminary information whilst the ASX is in a Halt.

I think tomorrow we will see a lot of movement in the SP. If it is a takeover I will be thinking to get back in. Short term only. Hopefully in the morning it does not open high but gives me an opportunity.

Good luck punters!

--------------------
After a certain point, money is meaningless. It ceases to be the goal. The game is what counts.
- Aristotle Onassis

Long Haul
post Posted: Jul 18 2007, 10:07 AM
  Quote Post

SYDNEY, July 18 (Reuters) - UK miner Gem Diamonds Ltd. (GEMD.L: Quote, Profile , Research) is set to bid for Australia's Kimberley Diamond Co. (KIM.AX: Quote, Profile , Research) in a deal worth more than A$225 million ($196 million), the Australian Financial Review said on Wednesday.

Citing no sources, the paper said Gem has bought a stake in Kimberley (KDC.L: Quote, Profile , Research) in preparation for a bid after Kimberley's shares lost 25 percent of their value last week.

Kimberley shares were placed on a trading halt on Tuesday pending an announcement.

Perth-based Kimberley -- which has one mining project, Ellendale, in Western Australia's Kimberley Region -- had been the subject of takeover speculation earlier this year, with Gem among those seen as a potential bidder.

Kimberly has a market value of about A$225 million. The paper said Gem has about US$519 million in cash, more than enough to offer a premium for Kimberley.

Kimberley posted a net loss of A$16.2 million in the year to June 2006. ($1=A$1.15)

wolverine
post Posted: Jul 17 2007, 09:24 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: marwoode on Tuesday 17/07/07 08:37pm

hi marwoode

a 80c porking looks pretty good from where i am sitting.

might even get a smooch from them to close the deal.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

marwoode
post Posted: Jul 17 2007, 08:37 PM
  Quote Post

well that is terrible news about Mr Hutton... very sad indeed...

as for the potential for t/o - there are rumours that it will be $0.80 from Gem Diamonds in London... if it does eventuate, I hope the shareholders reject it as $0.80 is theft - but I also think the cash-strapped nature of KIM may see big holders happy to unload...

I wouldn't be surprised if the muscle flexing to decimate the share price in the last week or two was related to the pending t/o...

aaa
post Posted: Jul 17 2007, 12:37 PM
  Quote Post

interesting to observe that Blina Diamonds ( in which KIM has a big interest ) is trading well up today. Anyone care to interpret what this means in relation to KIM

marwoode
post Posted: Jul 17 2007, 12:08 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: balance on Tuesday 17/07/07 11:42am

indeed... how does a man take a porking like a man... I think the two emoticons available that best sums up how I took it was... weirdsmiley.gif grrr.gif

but back to reality... I saw this post on HC a few minutes ago...

"The founder of Kim Dia passed ,graham Hutton, info is a possible t/o on the way"

I'm not sure what "passed" means - whether it was natural causes or otherwise - but if true, it is very sad for his family & friends...

as for the "possible t/o on the way" - it has been talked about for some time, but it would be sad to see KIM get taken over in this manner... the true value of KIM is surely considerably north of the $0.50 mark.

It appears to me that the recent weeks price slam has been the mark of good old fashioned ruthless corporate activity going on, and the net result will be the KIM asset gets lifted at a substantial discount to the real value - however, in the absence of a counter bid, it will probably get over the line at whatever discounted price they pitch...

thieving pr**ks - but then again it is a big bad world out there...

balance
post Posted: Jul 17 2007, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: marwoode on Tuesday 17/07/07 11:39am

A mate was going to buy on the T/O rumour.I guess he was the last to hear cos its dropped ever since.
just exactly how does someone take a 'porking' like a man marwoode... stun.gif
lol, never mind we all get done sometime.
maybe its my imaginitis working in my previous post considering what they've raised recently.
Was one of those news wire things I read heaps of and something rang a bell with kim.
May have been "dropped as a result of cap raising"??

r/b.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

marwoode
post Posted: Jul 17 2007, 10:39 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: balance on Tuesday 17/07/07 10:04am

KIM had a raising at $0.70 a few months ago (late Apr - early May) - if they do another raising now, they'd want to be offering some free options or something to compensate the 60 day "porking" the last lot of investors took~!!

I can't believe the way this stock has moved... a few months ago the takeover rumours were rife... then last week I started hearing rumours of insolvency etc... I elected to take my "porking" like a man and have moved on! (albeit with a bit of a limp~!! blink.gif )

I hope for other punters it turns around, but I can't see the last few months of decline being undone in a hurry...

balance
post Posted: Jul 17 2007, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

pretty sure I read somewhere the other day they maybe after some $$.
dont follow kim so have no idea of their cash position.Just a rumour thing.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

94 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING