Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

FLT, FLIGHT CENTER LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Aug 9 2007, 08:42 AM
  Quote Post

So it looks like it was all about a potential tax claim. And the rich buys at PEP throw their tantrum because they didn't get their way.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/behind...6530447755.html

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Aug 8 2007, 12:21 PM
  Quote Post

We need independent directors to look independent dammit. Not actually be independent.

The tale gets murkier by the day but the final conclusion is right.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/direct...6252705067.html

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 1 2007, 07:58 AM
  Quote Post

Has QAN announcing a possible break up of its different subsidiaries had any influence on FLT's founders pulling the plug on its PEP deal?

I think so.

Back in the day, when everyone was happy except Ansett and airlines hadn't even contemplated Singapore Airlines entering the fray, FLT had a privileged and special relationship with QAN. The people who were at the top of both companies then are still there now so you can assume the lines of communication are open and active and now that market conditions are changing again they have seen the light.

No longer will QAN try to enter the ticketing business and no longer will FLT dream of having a chartered airline.

Instead, they will work with each other on those fronts and at the same time FLT will try to increase its services of insurance and FOREX and go head to head with AMEX safe in the knowledge their core business is underwritten by their special relationship with QAN after they take over their back office ticketing functions.

On ya' Scroo.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 28 2007, 08:49 AM
  Quote Post

Lazards are one of the most well connected companys in NYC. I once saw the CEO in an interview on CNN. A mind of steel.

I don't doubt for a single minute that AMEX has influenced Lazard in coming to their decision.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/sims-s...2338623033.html

I see trouble ahead for FLT.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 4 2006, 07:25 AM
  Quote Post

One of my favourite stocks this. I remember getting in at $8 eons ago and out at 28$ with some profitable trades along the way. Then back in on the recent breach of $10.

My feeling is that this move is hung around a strategy of loss leading in to new markets. The recent Forex deal indicates that. I think they will stay out of the airline game. Preferring to take on AMEX head to head.

AMEX are in tight with Qantas. IF relations are still good between the FLT and QAN then I would imagine Nixon has said set yourself up as AMEX and we'll go with you for all our financials and insurance.

Yeah. Send those Americans packing. BLT have just repelled the Citigroup led take over. AMEX will lose market share to FLT. Cemex, another Citigroup led bid, will fail in the bid for RIN. Citigroup's business has peaked. Even gonna be dobbed in by one of their clients in the inside trading case. Bwahahaha. Crikey. Even Sol might get sent home. Ariba! biggrin.gif

If they wanna come Down Under let it be with a cheque book.

--------------------

herger
post Posted: Oct 25 2006, 10:29 AM
  Quote Post

Looks like its congrats to holders, takeover offer for FLT shares at $17.20 announced today. Private equity teaming up with founders to do a buyout.

Featured Stock Stories

BSA
post Posted: Sep 22 2006, 11:21 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: dawno on Tuesday 11/07/06 02:47am

A close above $12.50 might be about the first line to cross

Hi Dawno smile.gif

Looking good to break from a cup and handle ish base pattern,... three of the four weekly indicators I use for basing stocks say thunderbirds are go, but like you feel a close above $12.50(on volume) is needed. It has had a bit of a go at it today but low volume for now.

Cheers
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

RADIO
post Posted: Sep 5 2006, 02:54 PM
  Quote Post

user posted image

Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (Thu, 31 Aug 2006 2:00PM):

Full Year Results for 2006 Mr Graham Turner, MD and Mr Shannon O'Brien, CFO

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sabretoothed
post Posted: Jul 18 2006, 11:45 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: dawno on Tuesday 11/07/06 01:47am

Golden cross coming, looks ready to run now
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

dawno
post Posted: Jul 11 2006, 01:47 AM
  Quote Post

A close above $12.50 might be about the first line to cross
dawno smile.gif

--------------------
THE COST OF MY COMMENTS IS NOTHING - SOME WOULD SAY THAT'S ABOUT ALL ITS WORTH - THEY MIGHT BE RIGHT.

Long Term Contrarian Value Investing: The herd hate me & I hate the herd - but that's the way I like it because I then know I must be on the right track.

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING