Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

YOW, YOWIE GROUP LTD
nipper
post Posted: Mar 13 2019, 06:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 5 2018, 03:17 PM

here's a logical outcome for YOW (you had me at Convertible Note)
Yowie is the subject of a $20 million takeover bid by listed investment firm Keybridge Capital, which says it will offer 9.2 cents per share for Yowie, whose signature product is a chocolate containing a miniature animal toy.

By 1pm (AEDT) Yowie shares had jumped 24.3 per cent to a seven-week high 8.7 cents. The offer represents a 31 per cent premium to Yowie’s share price before today’s open, with the confectionery company having last month reported a first-half loss of $US1.24 million ($1.75 million).It lost $US5.2 million and $US6.6 million in the last two full financial years.

Keybridge already holds a six per cent stake in Yowie and wants to get directors on the board to force a review of its operations, assets and liabilities.

“Keybridge notes that Yowie has consistently failed to structure or conduct its business operations in a profitable manner and that Yowie has incurred significant losses in the ordinary course of its business,” it said.“Given those matters, Keybridge wishes to increase its stake in Yowie to a level where it is able to exert material influence.”

Keybridge will pay cash for bid acceptances up to the value of $9 million. Once it has a 51 per cent stake, it would issue new notes for the remaining acceptances. The $1 notes pay seven per cent interest per annum and mature on July 31, 2020.

Yowie chairman Louis Carroll said last month that his company’s performance in the six months to December 31 had fallen well short of shareholder expectations, with rival Ferrero having launched a new Kinder product in the US. Nonetheless, he said he expected profitable trading by the end of the current financial year.
...just wondering if there will need to be a sweetened deal

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 5 2018, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 5 2018, 02:32 PM

I could never understand the hype surrounding this one sad.gif but then I'm a bad mother who never let her children eat sweets biggrin.gif Today, they do thank me for their full set of healthy teeth and slim bodies.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Jan 5 2018, 02:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 5 2018, 02:18 PM

More likely a sugar hit... I wouldn't be buying on the dip. The timeline for exclusive licensing must be expiring soon?

(lost interest in this one a while back; serial overpromiser)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 5 2018, 02:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 4 2018, 10:49 AM

A chocolate fix biggrin.gif

In with the new directors

Yowie Group Ltd (ASX:YOW, OTC ADR: YWRPY)) (the “Group" or “Yowie”) is pleased to announce the
appointment of Mr Mark Schuessler as Managing Director and Mr Glen Watts as a non-executive
director.

Out with the old

The Company also advises that Ms Patricia Fields and Mr Trevor Allen have resigned as directors
effective as of today’s date. The Company would like to thank Patricia and Trevor for their services
on the board of Yowie and for initiating the board renewal process that is now well progressed. Both
remain shareholders in Yowie and committed to supporting the company’s future success in a
consulting capacity, as required

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Jan 4 2018, 10:49 AM
  Quote Post

Chocolate meltdown
YOW shares have plunged by more than 33 per cent, making it Australia's worst-performing stock on Wednesday.

Investors dumped their Yowie stocks after the chocolate maker dramatically slashed its sales growth forecast for the 2018 financial year, from 55 per cent to 17 per cent.

Yowie blamed the sales downgrade on several factors including its problems gaining traction in the US and Canadian markets.

The company revealed in a statement to the ASX that its North American sales (in the first half of the current financial year) fell by 11.7 per cent, compared to last year.

The chocolate maker also expected greater sales from its Canadian retailers, had it not been for product shipment delays.

Another factor it named was the underperformance of Discovery World, a line of children's chocolates, which come with collectable toys.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 1 2016, 08:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 13 2016, 10:45 AM

not much news coming out for YOW - the company doesn't seem to be capturing the 'discretionary spend' and impulse buy that could have catapulted it into popular imagination. That and a lawsuit (babes in a complex commercial reality) tends to show management can't get the runs on the board.

Now slipped sub 60c; & glad I sold into the last run-up in May at 85c (though it went too early at it breached $1.00 that month)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 13 2016, 10:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 6 2016, 01:58 PM

Trading Halt pending an anticipated announcement by the company regarding an equity raising

Yowie Group is seeking to raise $25 million in an institutional placement at 90¢ a share. Funds raised would be put towards marketing, sales, capital expenditure and working capital, according to terms sent to potential investors. Canaccord Genuity, along with co-managers Harleys, Morgans and EAS Advisors, working on the deal.

and well 'anticipated' by some.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  

nipper
post Posted: May 6 2016, 01:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 21 2016, 12:01 PM

several positive announcements recently for YOW

- Gains access to 10,000 new convenience channel outlets in USA
- signed a three year Licensing Agreement for SPACEPOP, a new music and fashion-driven brand created to appeal to tween girls.
- NUMBER ONE selling and fastest growing novelty candy item in USA

cracked $1.00 today, and got to $1.05

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 21 2016, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 19 2016, 11:27 AM

Yowie powering ahead - Quarterly out this morning; SP up to 83c

- Second consecutive quarter of positive operating cashflow
- Highest quarterly sales since company inception
- Strong Easter sales performance
- Ranging has now increased to 23-25,000 stores with sales recorded across 45 current active accounts and/or account groups
- Angry Birds will be launched at the 2016 Sweets & Snacks Expo in May. Other licensing concepts are in development.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 19 2016, 11:27 AM
  Quote Post

first manufacture of the Angry Birds chocolate candy product has been completed off the new production line at the Madelaine Chocolate Company. Production has been completed on schedule and in time to fulfill all customer order and delivery requirements.

Distribution of the Angry Birds product is underway and will shortly be in selected retailers to capitalize on the lead-up to the release of the new Angry Bird movie scheduled for May 20, 2016.
YOW has moved up from sub 60c to 71c in the past few days, on the strength of this Ann?

the success of the merchandising will be dependent on the movie success., and it will be interesting to see if the Angry Birds team can translate the game/ app to 90 minutes of screen-time. Over to you, fickle public

--------------------

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING