Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

ATL, Apollo Tourism and Leisure Ltd
nipper
post Posted: Mar 9 2019, 08:45 PM
  Quote Post

Apollo listed on the ASX in November, 2016 with an issue price of $1 per share. The business was established in 1985 when Gus and Carolyn Trouchet began renting out a pop-top camper from their house in suburban Brisbane.

On February 25, Apollo said it was tracking toward the lower end of its profit guidance range of $22 million to $24 million for financial 2019. Its net profit in the first half fell 8.1 per cent to $14.7 million. It completed the acquisition of a caravan manufacturing business from Fleetwood Corporation for $11.2 million
on March 4.

Made it up to high $1.70s, but has declined to sub $1.

Baby-boomer market not as strong, given as an explanation. Also, growth is easy??
Apollo Tourism and Leisure, a global company that deals in in campervan rentals and sales with a fleet of 5000 vehicles across Australia, the US, New Zealand and Europe, says the Grey Nomads are backing off from buying top-of-the range campervans and caravans, and trading down to lower priced vehicles in preparation for extended trips around Australia.

Luke Trouchet, the chief executive of Apollo, expects the caution to persist until after the federal election. Sentiment started to come off late last year and remains soft.

"We're not immune from what's happening in the automotive sector," he said. "We are seeing a bit of trading down. "It's probably the sentiment, the uneasiness and the uncertainty," he said.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING