Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

A2M, THE A2 MILK COMPANY LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Mar 5 2019, 08:22 PM
  Quote Post

Interesting observation from Joe Aston AFR. ASX listed companies only require directors to notify the market when they are buying/selling shares in their company, whilst in New Zealand all key personnel must report their share transactions. Appears a number of key personnel have been selling big time recently - see link for details
A2 Milk managers make off with moolah
This mob isn't waiting for Christmas in July. But it begs the question, if a good chunk of its executive management is selling, and selling big, why on earth should retail or professional investors be buying?

https://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/a2-mi...20190305-h1bzmr
Total shor positions as at 7th February, 2019 = 4.33%
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=a2m
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Feb 20 2019, 08:43 PM
  Quote Post

one way to put it
A2 Milk, a triumph of marketing and branding, hit a record high today and is now bigger than Lendlease, Caltex, AMP, Coca-Cola Amatil and Seek. It's now twice as big as Flight Centre and Harvey Norman
(and the ultimate triumph: silly people happy - make that happy people silly - enough to pay a premium for a product that may or may not be wonderful)
A2's interim result was better than expected in several ways, including net profit rising 55.1 per cent to $152.7 million, easily above analyst expectations. But most impressive was its underlying earnings margin rising from 32.9 per cent to 35.6 per cent, despite marketing spending rising 75 per cent to $45.5 million.
.......... The only question with this stock will be valuation. It now trades on an earnings multiple of around 38 times.
https://www.afr.com/markets/a2-milk-crown-r...20190220-h1bhtm

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 20 2019, 11:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Feb 17 2019, 05:46 PM

I wouldn't go near this with a barge pole.

Not one I'm fond of either, but many appear to be lapping up today's news biggrin.gif although some of today's move could be attributed to shorters covering on better than expected results? As at 13/2/2019 total short positions = 5.96%

a2 Milk reported a record net profit in the six months to December 31 to $NZ153 million ($147 million), up 55 per cent. Shares have jumped 92 cents, up 8.4 per cent, in early trading to $13.37, the highest price ever.

The net profit was 11.7 per cent better than Morgan analysts' estimates. Company revenue grew by 41 per cent to $NZ613 million while earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) was up 53 per cent to $NZ218 million.

a2 said its total sales in the Australia-New Zealand market jumped 37 per cent to $NZ418 million, in China and Asia sales grew by 33 per cent to $NZ117 million, and in the UK and USA 30 per cent to $NZ23 million. Chief executive Jayne Hrdlicka said the company was not expecting revenue in China to dip at all in the face of new e-commerce laws that were introduced to the country last month.

a2 is not paying a dividend.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

plastic
post Posted: Feb 17 2019, 05:46 PM
  Quote Post

Sequoia buying in reminds me of their position in and the fate of Dendreon.

I wouldn't go near this with a barge pole.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 12 2018, 06:41 PM
  Quote Post

Gets a mention in this article
China's thirst for baby formula creating problems for Australian shoppers and staff
Exclusive by Rebecca Puddy and Rhett Burnie
Updated Tue at 12:08pm
extract
Companies reaping the rewards
One of the companies producing in-demand formula, a2, has headquarters in Australia and New Zealand.

The company's share price and profits have soared, partly in response to strong demand from China, with their November trading update announcing net profits of $86 million for the four months to October, an increase of 64.5 per cent on the same time last year.

An a2 spokesperson said as a listed entity the a2 Milk Company was unable to comment on market-sensitive information.

"The a2 Milk Company guarantees that any mother who wants to buy a2 Platinum Infant Formula will be able to do so if they contact the company via its website," he said.

"This mechanism demonstrates our commitment to all Australian consumers having access to our product.

"There are many thousands of online facilities in China across all brands in China which have the capacity to operate outside of the control of brand owners."

This week, the Chinese Government released guidance on its new cross-border e-commerce law which will impact English-label products entering the country.

In a release to the Australian Stock Exchange, a2 said it was confident all requirements would be met before the deadline of March 2019, with the company receiving a bounce in its share price.

read more - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-11/abc-...oppers/10594400
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 15 2018, 07:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Oct 12 2018, 05:50 AM

Wonder if the A2M directors, who were selling recently, caught wind of this?

The world's biggest infant formula maker Nestle is launching its own brand of A2-only baby formula in Australia and New Zealand as it looks to muscle in on the dominant position of high-growth stock, The a2 Milk Company.

https://www.afr.com/business/retail/fmcg/ne...20181010-h16gnr

Short positions @ 9 October 2018 = 4.75%, with a number of short alters - indicating the stock has been shorted more than 0.5% on the da
Fri 12th Oct, 2018 4,354,127 733,297,297 0.59% 9,096,854 47.86%
Thu 11th Oct, 2018 6,070,069 733,297,297 0.82% 13,484,435 45.02%y

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 12 2018, 05:50 AM
  Quote Post

No surprise the price is going where it is. What do you expect the minute after Goldman Sachs shows their hand? They're short as the day is long.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 8 2018, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 7 2018, 07:39 PM

extract AFR article
A2 Milk (A2M)
Matt Williams: Yeah, this is a tough one. Look, I'd have to say it's a hold. But I think of all the Chinese consumer facing companies, it's probably the one I have the most confidence in. But again, it's a management changeover, there's always a lot of moving parts selling into China. That valuation, it's a hold.

Rhett Kessler: I don't have the benefit of having held it on their way up, so for me it's an easy sell. Management selling is never a good sign. They've been amazing at leveraging being the middle man between two big gorillas of supply into the Chinese market. We've tried to understand the Chinese off take environment, I find it too opaque. So for me, we don't know, we don't play.

https://www.afr.com/personal-finance/shares...20181004-h1696j

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 7 2018, 07:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 4 2018, 09:01 PM

Pity executives didn't explain their selling to shareholders at the time, instead of now that the SP has taken a dive rolleyes.gif

Executives at The a2 Milk Company have hit back at critics who say the infant formula maker may face a sales decline in its English label product online when China's new e-commerce law kicks in from January, while also defending the recent share sales by a slew of executives

https://www.afr.com/business/retail/fmcg/th...20181005-h169cs

Article also mentions the new law that comes into effect from January 2019, when the grace period for selling English label baby formula ends, saying they are "conformable" with their business model and "sales will not be hit at this time."
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 4 2018, 09:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 24 2018, 02:29 PM

Gap @ $10.09 could get filled at this rate. Another larger gap @ $8.71 earlier this year - February

First gap not totally filled but on its way to being. SP finished the day down 4.31% @ $9.54

Don't follow this stock too closely, so don't really know the full story other than directors selling, but it looks to me like some of the cream has been taken off the frothy milk market. Another sector where money was made by some and others look like getting milked. Udder stocks BAL, BUB seem to be following a similar trend

GLTAH

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING