Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

MP1, MEGAPORT LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Mar 13 2019, 08:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 13 2019, 06:07 AM

Plus a $10mill. SPP @ $4.00 for existing s/holders .. but this will be scaled back

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 13 2019, 06:07 AM
  Quote Post

According to AFR
Megaport is expected to be in the market on Wednesday, seeking to raise new equity.

Offshore fund manager sources told Street Talk the company was seeking about $50 million and started wall-crossing investors on Tuesday night.

The deal has been priced at $4 and will be managed by RBC Capital Markets and Morgans. Bevan Slattery is understood to be selling down a portion of his shareholding as part of the transaction.

- so hungry for capital

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 2 2019, 07:50 PM
  Quote Post

Megaport Ltd (ASX: MP1)

Megaport was founded by Bevan Slattery, who previously had founded data centre operator NEXTDC Ltd (ASX: NXT) and connectivity services provider Superloop Ltd (ASX: SLC). It is a provider of elastic interconnection services across data centres globally. This service allows its customers to increase and decrease their available bandwidth in response to their own demand requirements instead of being tied to fixed service levels on long-term and expensive contracts.

Earlier this month Megaport released its global update which revealed that in the second quarter of FY 2019 the company increased its reported revenue by 21% to $8.3 million and monthly recurring revenue by 14% quarter on quarter. With the cloud computing boom continuing to accelerate, I believe Megaport well-positioned to continue this above average growth for some time to come.
Motley Fool

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 9 2019, 09:20 AM
  Quote Post

Good growth numbers coming from N American operations .... lifting the SP today.

Quarterly will be released 17 Jan

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 20 2018, 06:17 PM
  Quote Post

An article on Bevan Slattery, serial entrepreneur and now focusing on MP1 and SLC.

https://www.afr.com/business/telecommunicat...20180613-h11cb9

( will extract some pertinent bits and paste, later on)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 20 2018, 09:15 AM
  Quote Post

T Halt... raising $60mill including a SPP

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 2 2018, 09:31 AM
  Quote Post

Megaport has woken from a slumber; not sure why but enjoying the lift
and now $4 (doubled in under six months)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 27 2017, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

Megaport has woken from a slumber; not sure why but enjoying the lift, for what is a competitive bread-and-butter biz in a growth sector.

There's been some bidding tension for another data centre provider, and the whole sector is widely dispersed with no real dominant player;a bunch of international outfits are looking to acquire locals. Price is always the issue.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 19 2017, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

When Megaport MP1 reported in August, the market was underwhelmed, and it was sold off quickly to sub-$2.

SP bounced along at those lows for a while, but has been on a run in the last week, up more than 20% to above $2.50. There haven't been any announcements, nor Change in Significant Shareholder notices.

There is some action elsewhere in data centres, with Next DC fending off a property group, and recently the privately held Metronode putting up its 10 centres for sale.

The attention may have something to do with a recognition of continued and likely accelerating growth in data and the way it's stored
Interested parties have been presented with a plethora of facts around data centres in the Asia Pacific including growth in outsourcing of data centres - from 12 per cent in 2013 to 39 per cent in 2018 - and 27 per cent growth in data centre workloads from 2015 to 2020

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 28 2017, 04:51 PM
  Quote Post

Data centres account for 3% of the world’s electricity supply and about 2% of greenhouse gas emissions

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nextbig...-computing.html

--------------------

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING