Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

YBR, YELLOW BRICK ROAD HOLDINGS LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Mar 7 2019, 11:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 7 2019, 10:29 AM

These "celebrity" spruikers are all the same. When will people learn

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Mar 7 2019, 10:29 AM
  Quote Post

Eight years since the last posting.... And the "joke" comment still relevant.
ASX suspension? What ASX suspension?! Yellow Brick Road's Mark Bouris has spent the week since the business failed to lodge first-half accounts doing what he does best. That is, self-promotion.

It's why they pay him so much, after all. The SME guru's Twitter feed has been incessantly urging small businesses to "join the movement". That is, his Mentored business, subscriptions for which start at $19 a month. His company's woes increasing all the while the ex-Celebrity Apprentice host preaches business advice, we can't help bearing comparison to the fire and brimstone televangelist barnstorming the southern towns where his mistresses happen to live. Do as I say, not as I do.

Meanwhile, those who've invested in Bouris' shtick more directly are preparing their brickbats. Or their sell orders. YBR shares ceased trading on Friday pending bog-standard paperwork.

The mortgage broker did confirm it will detail, in the fullness of time, a net loss and hefty goodwill impairment. Absent any real and present numbers (pending the stonkingly overdue satisfaction of GrantThornton), YBR's holding statement defies the company's recent confidence.

Back at the November AGM, Bouris said the company was "well placed to succeed, whatever the outcome of the royal commission and any subsequent regulatory changes". YBR now blames that inconsequential royal commission for the write-down. And a failure to lodge accounts by their due date is no sign of success....
https://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/mark-...20190306-h1c1vx

- another article alludes to "Goodwill being 80% of equity". Yikes

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

kiril
post Posted: May 31 2011, 08:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareScene.com's post @ May 31 2011, 12:00 PM

Will be on the phone this week to Bells to see how much stock I can borrow in this little beauty.

If ever there was an opportunity to make a killing shorting an IPO here it is.

The prospectus is a joke.

It states that 4 acquisitions were made in the last 18 months, and those 4 acquisitions form the total revenue of the business....only one direction this one is going.

The fact that they could get this fully underwriten just goes to show how much crap a broker will push onto their clients just to earn a fee.

Kiril.

ShareScene.com
post Posted: May 31 2011, 12:00 PM
  Quote Post

Renamed by request:

TO: YELLOW BRICK ROAD HOLDINGS LIMITED (YBR)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Aug 18 2010, 11:08 AM
  Quote Post

Renamed by request:

INTERSTAFF INTERNATIONAL LIMITED (ITS)

TO:
ITS CAPITAL INVESTMENTS LTD (ITS)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Dec 3 2009, 04:30 PM
  Quote Post

Renamed by request:

INTERSTAFF RECRUITMENT LIMITED (ITS)

TO:
INTERSTAFF INTERNATIONAL LIMITED (ITS)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Dec 13 2007, 03:05 PM
  Quote Post

Created by request:
INTERSTAFF RECRUITMENT LIMITED (ITS)

Thankyou
ShareScene.com

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING