Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

20 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AMM, AMCOM TELECOMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
arty
post Posted: Aug 19 2014, 09:19 AM
  Quote Post

In the 12 months since the last posting, AMM's share price hasn't moved very far.

Attached Image

Little wonder then that the company is going on the road to sell their virtues: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01543207
However, it appears they've been saving at the wrong place, i.e. at the quality of their presentation. It may not be obvious to everybody, and will probably escape most Brokers' attention. But the eye of a regular chart reader isn't that easily fooled and will notice gross disparities between the sizes of those various bars as early as the very first chart on page 3:

Attached Image

Here, I have inserted some visual aids in the NPAT and Dividend "comparisons". It seems the charts have been copied from last year; not even the percentages have been updated. Dividend increase from 5 to 5.5 is indeed a rise by 10% - but that was last year!
From 5.5 to 6.2 is a rise of 12.7%. Dirro NPAT: Last year's rise from 16.8 to 20.8 is close to 22%, but 20.8 to 23.2 is a rise by 11.8%.

Very sloppy indeed.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mrbear
post Posted: Aug 13 2013, 04:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nifty49's post @ Aug 13 2013, 11:24 AM

Hi nifty,you can never put too much money on a winning horse I think.

I bought some more for 1.93 this morning and I even made some extra profit when I just checked now,amazing for me though I am in no hurry to sell them as I have had a few buys in this company over the last couple of years and they have made good profit to date and show no signs of stopping so I will stay in the saddle for the foreseeable future and let the margin grow,cheers mrbear

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nifty49  

nifty49
post Posted: Aug 13 2013, 11:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mrbear's post @ Aug 13 2013, 10:58 AM

Yes Mr Bear

Had a few of these for awhile. A dividend payer with substantial growth prospects if not taken out! Got some IIN from them also.

Nifty

mrbear
post Posted: Aug 13 2013, 10:58 AM
  Quote Post

Another good result,a nice little earner with a good outlook,cheers mrbear

nebo
post Posted: Feb 27 2012, 01:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 21 2012, 11:46 AM

Hi,

I was just on Bells website looking at their research.

They did a paper that came out on the 20th may explain some of the fizz, Buy target 1.20-1.30 odd.
I had a look at the motley fool paper , it was actually for M2.

Ill have to look at them again, I must admit to bias against them as they traded with Bartercard for so many years so didnt trust their published figures. (M2 not AMM). as actuals and not 30% funny money flowing.

Regards,

Nebo.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

arty
post Posted: Feb 21 2012, 11:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 21 2012, 11:00 AM

(though I assume yr graph compensates for this??)

It does, nipper.
Corporate Actions are always considered, pre-consolidation trades recalculated accordingly.
That way, everything on MA charts refers to one of today's shares; before August last year, that would have been three old ones.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper    

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 21 2012, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 21 2012, 10:44 AM

Go Fibertel.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

nipper
post Posted: Feb 21 2012, 11:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 21 2012, 10:44 AM

don't forget the 1 for 3 share consolidation in Aug last year

(though I assume yr graph compensates for this??)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: Feb 21 2012, 10:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 20 2012, 02:47 PM

A Dot.Bomb survivor; hasn't seen 90c for 11 years.
Nic Darvas would have a field day smile.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Feb 20 2012, 02:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nebo's post @ Feb 20 2012, 02:30 PM

should have gone AMM site to see

I too should have indeed, Nebo;
But I had noticed the breakout on my chart and bought just in time; and then the email arrived.
So, there are now two more reasons to hold - if I needed any in addition to the chart.

Attached Image

support 89c, today's trailing stop 88c.

--------------------

20 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING