Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

33 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MAK, MINEMAKERS LIMITED
Commander C
post Posted: Dec 2 2011, 02:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: denpal's post @ Dec 1 2011, 04:04 PM

Beats me how people get into such responsible positions really.

Through bluster and prating LOL!

Commander C
post Posted: Dec 2 2011, 02:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: denpal's post @ Dec 1 2011, 04:04 PM

Yeh meh keeping eye on UCL too!:)

Although MAK keeps fallling faster than UCL, so the hypothetical "merger" ratio is falling from MAK's perspective (bad for MAK's shareholders)

denpal
post Posted: Dec 1 2011, 04:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Commander C's post @ Nov 29 2011, 07:05 PM

Hi Commander, plenty of company management is pretty thick........we see that every day on the ASX. Beats me how people get into such responsible positions really.

I see UCL is getting cheaper, my pencil is getting sharpened, but will watch for a bit longer yet and hope to scoop up at the absolute low.

danc
post Posted: Nov 29 2011, 07:40 PM
  Quote Post

This is another dog i threw out the door..How much money in this climate??????... with a mob un proven track record.. U have gotta be joking..They are pissing in the wind..

Commander C
post Posted: Nov 29 2011, 07:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: denpal's post @ Aug 30 2011, 09:04 AM

Hi denpal

I totally agree ---- Namibia costs at most $200 million (gross) to develop....while Wonarah costs $2 billion --- where will MAK find $1 billlion for their share???

Should we be writing letters into the new Executive Chairman and remaining Board members???

Commander C

denpal
post Posted: Aug 30 2011, 09:04 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Limerick's post @ Aug 29 2011, 12:24 PM

I have always thought that Namibia should be developed before Wonarah. I did have some UCL and still keeping a watch on them for the time that major traction is gained...............it's a nice project with plenty of resource and low capex and opex. It's beyond me why all the shagging around with remote Wonarah with all its problems with logistics when Namibia could have been already up and running and generating solid profits.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Commander C  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Limerick
post Posted: Aug 29 2011, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: right edge's post @ Jun 2 2011, 08:16 PM

Meanwhile, broker Intersuisse has put a 'buy' on Minemakers (MAK), which is trading at 36c today. This was the stock that hit $2.78 during that 2008 boom. Intersuisse has valued the company at $2.06 a share. The company is moving toward a joint venture with an Indian company to develop the Wonarah project in the Northern Territory.Minemakers also has a 48 per cent stake in a marine phosphate deposit, with plans to dredge the seabed off Namibia. First production is timed for 2013.The market - as with so many commodities - is being affected by China, which has been an exporter of the fertiliser feedstock but is now in transition to a net importer, a process that will be completed by 2013. Many supply sources are nearing exhaustion

right edge
post Posted: Jun 2 2011, 08:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 2 2011, 09:38 AM

Was up strongly before general market malaise set in. Still one of the best performers today.

Should outperform in the short and long term.

Snapped up a few today and Ive got the nets cast for some more.

arty
post Posted: Jun 2 2011, 09:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Jun 1 2011, 06:38 PM

confirmed: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01185988
Minemakers Limited (ASX and TSX: MAK; NSX: MMS) has signed a non-binding, Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with Bombay Stock Exchange listed NMDC Limited (BSE Symbol: NMDC; market capitalisation AU$21 Billion) to establish a pathway for the development of the Wonarah Phosphate deposit in the Northern Territory.

Under the MOU relevant NMDC management staff will join the Minemakers team to undertake a joint Feasibility Study into the agreed aspects of the full development of Wonarah, Australia’s largest known, undeveloped, phosphate deposit.

That's got to be one of the worst-kept secrets. tongue.gif
... but will it enough to push MAK against the overall market trend? UD down more than 2%; Europe nearly as bad sadsmiley02.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mme
post Posted: Jun 1 2011, 06:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 1 2011, 06:35 PM

One of three company's the Indians were looking at. Others were LCY and I think Stellar? biggrin.gif

33 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING