Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Winners of a free book (ShareScene Book Club), Congratulations to these members
BSA
post Posted: Jun 16 2006, 02:11 AM
  Quote Post

He's a cheeky blighter that Z! tongue.gif

--------------------

Zaitech
post Posted: Jun 15 2006, 10:48 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (BSA @ Tuesday 13/06/06 05:08pm)

[CODE=BSA,Tuesday 13/06/06 05:08pm]

Ah BSA me thinks the mistake was including the last name on that list... weirdsmiley.gif

All others on the list and some not mentioned are most deserving..

Thanks SS for the book...as BSA [and some others know] a book is what I need.

Actually now that I think about it some booze* resting on the book served by Dancing girls also sounds nice biggrin.gif

Happy Trading and Thanks
Z

* None of BSA`s home brew either..I am thinking of something more expensive and err drinkable rolleyes.gif

anne
post Posted: Jun 14 2006, 11:48 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: haspete on Tuesday 13/06/06 10:21pm

Thanks S/S for my prize too.

And what a surprise -- I posted that review on One Up on Wall Street two years ago!

Here's a question for serious stock book readers: years ago, tucked away in one of teh many books I have read was this snippet by someone that said in essence:

if a market tumbles at least 10% in under 6 weeks or something, that is in fact a very bullish sign, and not bearish at all. bear markets usually start with slow steady falls and keep going relentlessly for months and months.

Can anyone remember who said that? I am hoping they are right too.

Cheers Anne

haspete
post Posted: Jun 13 2006, 10:21 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: BSA on Tuesday 13/06/06 03:08pm

Nar BSA, You alway's do!! love reading your posts..
I am looking forward to the "The Book Club" reviews!! great idea by SS..
Cheers Pete...

Azza
post Posted: Jun 13 2006, 08:31 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: BOOK CLUB on Tuesday 13/06/06 02:53pm

Thanks SS for my new book. I am looking forward to reading about those trading aussies and maybe learning some more regarding CFD's.

Once again thankyou, it is much appreciated.

BSA
post Posted: Jun 13 2006, 05:08 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (BOOK CLUB @ Tuesday 13/06/06 03:53pm)

Huh???? did I say something noteworthy???? must have been a mistake blink.gif

Cheers SS for the Book, much appreciated smile.gif

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

BOOK CLUB
post Posted: Jun 13 2006, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

Just wanted to add my congratulations to the following members who have won a free investment book of their choice for making outstanding posts in the ShareScene Book Club

BSA
cso1
rkch
anne
Azza
Bloodwynch
romaioi
lord elpus
Thumper
Zaitech

-----------------------------------------

WIN FREE BOOKS: Each week, members who make quality and interesting posts about any book in the ShareScene Book Club will be offered a free copy of a John Wiley investment book of their choice.

These book prizes are given to members who support and encourage intelligent discussion in the book club. Simply make a post in any of the Book Club topics to be in the running for a free book.

BOOK CLUB
post Posted: May 24 2006, 09:47 AM
  Quote Post

I have recieved some fantastic private feedback, that I agree with.

The member suggested we run a poll on each of the different book topics, relevant to that particular book. For example, each poll would focus on a particular aspect of one of the key topics.

That poll could be the focus, as a guiding question, to start off discussion.

I agree, its difficult for members to just start discussing a whole book, without any guided entry intro discussion.

This is an excellent idea. Thanks again.

What other ideas are there to encourage discussion on the quieter book club topics?

You feedback is very much appreciated!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Book_Collage.jpg ( 222.97K ) Number of downloads: 0

BOOK CLUB
post Posted: May 23 2006, 05:29 PM
  Quote Post

If you like reading or discussing finance/investment books, you will LOVE the ShareScene Book Club. The Book Club is in pre-launch and we need YOUR help to get it going.

How can you help? Simply visit the Book Club Forum choose a book that catches your eye, and start a discussion. There are some real classics avaliable, and new features being added each week.

The ShareScene Book Club aims to help investors to get answers and further their understanding of specific investment topics as discussed in current finance books. The latest and greatest finance books are featured, each in their own discussion topic. Authors Louise Bedford, Cat Davey, Jim Berg, John Atkinson and Peter Hegarty are eager to discuss their books directly with ShareScene members and await any questions or comments.

Does anyone have any suggestions for improvement or comments on the book club? We are eager to get some feedback from the membership. How can we make the book club more interesting, exciting and full of valuable dynamic discussions?

Feel free to post your comments in this topic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WIN FREE BOOKS: Each week, members who make quality and interesting posts about this book or any other book in the ShareScene Book Club will be offered a free copy of a John Wiley investment book of their choice.

These book prizes are given to members who support and encourage intelligent discussion in the book club. Simply make a post in any of the Book Club topics to be in the running for a free book.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks to all who have participated so far,
ShareScene Book Club Administrator
Attached File(s)
Attached File  collage_in_post.jpg ( 68.72K ) Number of downloads: 0

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING