Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

23 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RSG, RESOLUTE MINING LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Apr 17 2020, 03:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 17 2020, 09:29 AM

Bob Marley with Sly and Robbie @ Festival Hall in, I think, 1981. One of the best shows ever.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 17 2020, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 17 2020, 09:29 AM

Ok okay. bit early today. smile.gif

actually a well constructed pun

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 17 2020, 09:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 17 2020, 09:27 AM

sorry Nipper, it was a poor attempt at a pun.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Apr 17 2020, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 17 2020, 07:50 AM

we're talking about Mali? If so, then some of the best music around. At least from the 70's through to the 90's. Gone a bit overproduced since then.

Favourites include Ali Farka Touré (Talkin' Timbuku, with Ry Cooder) and Rokia Treoré, but best was the 1970's band of the Bamako Railway Band (officially Super Rail Band of the Buffet Hotel de la Gare, Bamako) with Salif Keita on vocals. Also Orchestra Baobab but they're more Senegalese, and if you want wild, get into Tuareg bands such as Tinariwen.

Isis insurgency and Libyan instability hasn't helped the sub-Saharan / Sahel region though

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 17 2020, 07:50 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 17 2020, 06:02 AM

Youre not thinking of Bob Marley are you??
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 17 2020, 06:02 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Apr 16 2020, 08:26 PM

Looks a bit violent after further reading...
good music, though 🎶

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

bg99
post Posted: Apr 16 2020, 08:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 16 2020, 06:28 PM

Looks a bit violent after further reading, so maybe I should have said... there seems to be a lot of gold thereI spent a bit of time in Kashmir and had some hairy times there, so I know what you are saying

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 16 2020, 06:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Apr 16 2020, 01:41 PM

Having had the unfortunate experience of spending a little time in Mali, I would question that somewhat!.
Mick

--------------------

bg99
post Posted: Apr 16 2020, 01:41 PM
  Quote Post

Very nice drilling results announced todayhttps://www.asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/RSG
Along with recent results from OKU, Mali seems like a good place to be.

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 24 2019, 12:59 PM
  Quote Post

Mali's new mining code shortens stability period to 10 years -ministry
BAMAKO (Reuters) - Under a new mining code, companies operating in Mali will be protected from fiscal changes for 10 years, down from the previous “stability period” of 30 years, a senior mines ministry official told Reuters on Friday.

On Wednesday, the ministry announced the new code, which also ended an exemption from value-added tax during production, but did not specify by how much it would shorten the period under which firm’s investments are protected from changes to fiscal and customs regimes.

The new code is an opening salvo in what could be a protracted negotiation between the government and corporates over mining regulation in Africa’s third-largest gold producer. The move is seen by some as a new instance of resource nationalism on the continent.

read more - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mali-min...y-idUSKCN1VD1UJ
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

23 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING