Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

PEV, PACIFIC ENVIROMIN LIMITED
jane007wang
post Posted: Dec 7 2008, 08:44 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mme on Friday 21/11/08 10:36am

yet sellers keep pushing it lower, and buyers are content to just keep lowering their bids. There has got to be an end somewhere.

mme
post Posted: Nov 21 2008, 08:36 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: jane007wang on Thursday 20/11/08 07:29pm

This is what interests me! Lets also not forget the properties to counteract toxins in the soils!!

The results of agricultural trials for adding pure calcium bentonite to crop soils have been very encouraging. Early feedback showed that one grower of vegetables had his crop come to maturity in 5 weeks rather than the usual 6 weeks which is a real benefit. Another grower has reported an increase in yield in his vegetable production from an average of 10 tonnes perhectare to a yield of 12.2 tonnes. We have also sold calcium bentonite to a major Australian cotton producer for use as a soil conditioner.
These results will be confirmed with repeat crops over the next couple of months, but appear to confirm that all of the prior research done in conjunction with CSIRO and other research bodies is being validated. biggrin.gif

jane007wang
post Posted: Nov 20 2008, 07:29 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mme on Thursday 20/11/08 03:05pm

Yep, it looks like PEV has made solid progress over the past few months. It is a real possibility that PEV might be in a position to start paying dividend next year.

The presentation has some nice photos in it. I really like the one of a big trucking loading bagged products for customers.

Picked up some more at 3c yesterday. Another half cent down I'll buy same dollar amount.

mme
post Posted: Nov 20 2008, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: jane007wang on Friday 07/11/08 07:06pm

Yes I am!
I shall sit tight. Today's announcement/address reads well with some very interesting positive feedback further down in the address. biggrin.gif

This has been a year of great progress for Pacific Enviromin despite the financial earthquake
which has left almost no country or company immune from bad news.
In fact, PEV is in good shape. We have over 2 years cash in the bank; our major calcium
bentonite mine at Mantuan Downs is up and running with high quality processing equipment;
and the agricultural field trials of our calcium bentonite are producing excellent results, and
strong interest, which augers well for our future sales revenue.
Shareholders would be aware from the Annual Report that the Mantuan Downs resource was
finally granted its Mining Lease on 1st April this year, however the unseasonal rains delayed
immediate mining operations.
We have worked hard since then and now have on site all the infrastructure and equipment
necessary to produce a high quality processed calcium bentonite. As you will see in the
presentation to be made at the end of this meeting, mining is now in full production.
Our improved financial position following the rights issue in July, enabled us to acquire the large Komatsu 430 loader which handles up to 4 tonnes per load, and more importantly, the Terex Findlay 694 screening machine which can convert up to 500 tonnes per hour of raw bentonite into any product size specified by our markets. We have completed the access road into the mine, and established accommodation, management and infrastructure modules on site.
We have also been aware of the requirement for skilled support and have engaged several
highly qualified people to assist with our progress.
Bernard Holtshousen was engaged as Mantuan Downs project director. Bernard is a mining
engineer who was previously the Managing Director of Mt Isa Mines’ Gold Division, and has
been involved with the development and marketing of industrial minerals companies
internationally for many years.
Sirjit Singh has been engaged as the Group Technologist . Sirjit is responsible for establishing
PEV’s quality control and analysis processes to conduct all testing on the bentonite to ensure it meets the requirements of our customers. Sirjit is a chemical engineer who has over 30 years experience in developing, testing and marketing industrial minerals throughout the world.
Len Thompson has been engaged to assist with the establishment of the operation. Len was
previously the operations manager for a major Australian bentonite operation responsible for
mining and marketing operations and is adding good hands-on knowledge to our business.
James Walters is PEV’s general manager, rural, establishing the agribusiness trial programs
and marketing into the rural sector. James has a high profile in the rural sector with a large
number of influential contacts, having previously been Commercial Manager of the Australian
Poll Hereford Society, and rural business development manager for NSW/QLD & NT for NAB.
With these personnel, shareholders can see that we have built a multi-skilled and very focussed team to take our Company forward.
PEV has focused on the agricultural sector for its initial marketing thrust, offering calcium
bentonite as a soil conditioner and fertilizer substitute, both by itself, and as a blend with various compost products.
The results of agricultural trials for adding pure calcium bentonite to crop soils have been very encouraging. Early feedback showed that one grower of vegetables had his crop come to maturity in 5 weeks rather than the usual 6 weeks which is a real benefit. Another grower has reported an increase in yield in his vegetable production from an average of 10 tonnes perhectare to a yield of 12.2 tonnes. We have also sold calcium bentonite to a major Australian cotton producer for use as a soil conditioner.
These results will be confirmed with repeat crops over the next couple of months, but appear to confirm that all of the prior research done in conjunction with CSIRO and other research bodies is being validated.
PEV officially launched its agricultural bentonite credentials at the national Carbon Farming
Expo and Conference held this week in central NSW. PEV received high profile coverage at the event which attracted farmers, agribusiness representatives, landscaping companies, compost and fertilizer manufacturers and politicians from around Australia interested in improving soil quality and using alternatives to inorganic fertiliser. The number of enquiries received by PEV personnel over the conference highlighted the interest in our calcium bentonite and the benefits of participation.
Finally, the Board is naturally disappointed that the Company’s share price has fallen during the current global financial situation. We have worked hard to deliver the progress I have spoken about, but it is difficult in a small-cap listed company to buck the general market.
The directors are substantial holders of stock and, like all shareholders, would prefer to see the price higher than it is. Ultimately this result will be driven by how well we manage the Company in generating quality sales and revenue. I assure shareholders that this is the Board’s clear focus now that we have such a high quality product available for sale, and such good feedback on its benefits for agriculture.
On that basis we look forward to the future with renewed optimism that the Company will deliver for us all in this current year.
Yours faithfully
Brian Jones
Chairman

jane007wang
post Posted: Nov 7 2008, 07:06 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mme on Monday 01/09/08 05:34pm

There hasn't been a post for more than two months. Are you guys still holding this? I have bought more to average down since my initial position at 6c. Reading through the annual report, I sense that we must be close to generate positive cash flow. Mining and processing are now running smoothly, and the company is focusing on sales. Product trials started some time ago by agribusinesses are now near conclusion and the feedback so far have been very positive. This is one little stock that I am not worried about funding issues.

mme
post Posted: Sep 1 2008, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: jane007wang on Monday 01/09/08 01:36pm

Give it time!!!
Recent capital raising
The funds will be used for two main purposes:
1. Capital expenditure to expand the plant and equipment at the Company’s Mantuan Downs mine to enable further processing of the calcium bentonite now being extracted. At present the bentonite is simply sundried before shipment as an unprocessed bulk product. However there is substantial demand for a bentonite product processed to smaller granular or powder form, or beneficiated, and packaged, which will attract a significantly higher sale price. The additional cost for final processing has been calculated at approximately $19 per tonne, however the processed product could attract additional revenue of more than $50 per tonne.
2. Commencement of the development program at the Company’s Grafton Range sodium bicarbonate project, with the drilling of wells to confirm the size and quality of the identified brine reservoir. This will enable detailed scoping studies on the technical and commercial requirements for production of up to 30,000 tonnes of sodium bicarbonate per annum.
Taken fro their 22/5/2008 Presentation:
Financial Summary
per tonne (A$) Sundried Processed
Revenue at mine gate 70 - 90 150 - 800
Costs
Mining 6.34 6.34
Processing - 19.30
Admin ( Mgt, Leases, etc 1.91 1.91
Mine Gate costs 8.25 27.55
Mine Gate Net Cash 61.75 – 81.75 122.45 – 772.45
Revenue as FOB (Gladstone) 130 – 150 150 - 800
Costs
Mine Gate Costs 8.25 27.55
Transport costs 65 65
FOB costs 73.25 92.55
FOB Net Cash 56.75 – 76.75 57.45 – 707.45 18
Revenue Assumptions
Coffey Mining research advised mine gate sundried calcium bentonite price at
$75pt (Apr 2006)
• Qld. bentonite (60 CEC) sundried currently sold at mine gate for $66 pt (bulk)
• Qld bentonite (60 CEC) crushed granular currently sold at mine gate for $100pt
(bulkabags)
(PEV bentonite is 100 CEC)
• Qld bentonite (60 CEC) fine-crushed currently sold into Brisbane factory at
$350pt FOB
• US distributor advised that mine gate price for PEV product should be $75 pt.
• Australian agribusinesses have discussed $100pt for granular at mine gate
• Australian wine industry imports French processed bentonite (lower CEC) at
$780 pt. They are prepared to look to a high quality Oz product biggrin.gif

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

jane007wang
post Posted: Sep 1 2008, 01:50 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: jane007wang on Monday 01/09/08 03:36pm

Today's preliminary report shows the following figures: employee and directors' expense of $309k, administration expenses of $704k, research and development $7k. I think these are the fixed cost per annum. At yearly production rate of 100,000 tons, yearly revenue could be around $10m(?) from product sales (net of ming costs) using presentation numbers. Apart form the roughly $1m fixed cost, are there any other deductions to consider before reaching for a profit number?

jane007wang
post Posted: Sep 1 2008, 01:36 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mme on Thursday 31/07/08 04:21pm

I hope PEV catches attention from more people here and on HC. Not many know about this one I would say. Operational risk is low as mining has started. Financial risk is low compared to most other specs as recent raising took in $4m and expected product sales to start soon. Anybody who runs the numbers would see the value. I am holding.

mme
post Posted: Jul 31 2008, 02:21 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: paulhart on Saturday 31/05/08 08:12pm

Howdy PH! Must admit this one has caught my attention as well. Holding. Cheers, Matt. biggrin.gif

RADIO
post Posted: Jul 22 2008, 11:59 AM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (18/07/2008 09:45:00):
PEV - Investor Presentation - Mr Paul Byrne, Executive Director

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING